Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Can't The Game Just Use My Townies?

This might be an age-old question that simmers have asked over and over, but I have failed to find out myself.

I like to create my own sims and have filled my game with them. I think I have put in maybe around 150 - give or take a few.
So why is it that the game doesn't use these "currently not in game" sims and instead creates completely new ones?
I have perfectly good sims waiting to be called in to become the next mixologist, masseuse, or even a new roommate! Why create more?
Now, don't get me wrong, the game DOES use maybe 10 of my own creations for these roles, but the rest are game-manufactured.
I've made sure my sims are not "favorited" in anyway to maybe persuade the game to use them, since I'm not, but my plans have failed.
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I don't know a fix to this. But I have this issue too, it's really annoying... I haven't tried this but you could try and edit all the sims it usually uses into ones you like, it might be a tedious process but it could work
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I don't know a fix to this. But I have this issue too, it's really annoying... I haven't tried this but you could try and edit all the sims it usually uses into ones you like, it might be a tedious process but it could work

That's usually what I end up doing *sigh*
    lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    If you’re on PC and open to use mods, MCCC has an option for the game to use sims from your gallery.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    Faberries wrote: »
    If you’re on PC and open to use mods, MCCC has an option for the game to use sims from your gallery.

I am using MCCC!! Do you have instructions for doing that??
    O(≧▽≦)O

Here!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Or you could go back a few pages in this forum section and you would of seen this:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969018/mcc-townies-mod-feature
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    NPC Control does exactly that as its primary function (you can also assign townie roles to specific sims if you don't like random).

I love it so much.
  • SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for sharing the instructions @Faberries I had been wondering the same thing. My favorite streamer did it but I forgot to ask how.
    @SpoonieSarah Glad I could help ^^
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    Faberries wrote: »

Ah, so it only takes from the library. I put all of the sims I wanted into the game...I have many in my library that I don't want in the world I'm building
    O(≧▽≦)O

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    I use NPC control mod. It's transformed my game and slowed down the generation of random townies by a huge amount.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Ah, so it only takes from the library. I put all of the sims I wanted into the game...I have many in my library that I don't want in the world I'm building

Try NPCC instead.
    happyopi wrote: »

Try NPCC instead.

Do I have to disable my MCCC mod? Can they run simultaneously?
    O(≧▽≦)O

Try NPCC instead.

I have both in my game with no issues.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Try NPCC instead.

Thanks! I'll give it a try
    O(≧▽≦)O

Try NPCC instead.

I've tried installing the mod, but it's not showing up in game...
    O(≧▽≦)O

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've been seeing a fair number of my townies as students... some i had no intention on making students, others i was excited to see there. first thing to know is actual students have to not have a job... that kept several hundred of my sims out of the loop instantly, since i like making sure there are a number in each profession (...i've got over 500 favorited sims so... yeah...)

one that i had no idea what i wanted to do with became a member of the bot savants, so now i know what she's going to be after graduation. a fair number of my existing sims turned into students are former mixologists, though. since i went on a bar-destroying spree after realizing i had over 70 townie bartenders to work in all the bars, lounges, nightclubs, restaurants, bowling alleys and everywhere else that we all insist on putting bars in...

also, i saw a played sim of mine with the 'student' tag over her head at one of the spirit rallies, which surprised me since this sim is played (she's one of the trio that originally solved strangerville for me) and she's got a job (as a botanist... i just liked having an infected botanist help with the story there). when i checked her hidden traits and career, though, she was still a botanist and wasn't actually enrolled in either of the schools... just there posing as a student for the free booze

(though now i'm tempted to check out the npc mod. *shakefist at @happyopi )
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i've been seeing a fair number of my townies as students... some i had no intention on making students, others i was excited to see there. first thing to know is actual students have to not have a job... that kept several hundred of my sims out of the loop instantly, since i like making sure there are a number in each profession (...i've got over 500 favorited sims so... yeah...)

one that i had no idea what i wanted to do with became a member of the bot savants, so now i know what she's going to be after graduation. a fair number of my existing sims turned into students are former mixologists, though. since i went on a bar-destroying spree after realizing i had over 70 townie bartenders to work in all the bars, lounges, nightclubs, restaurants, bowling alleys and everywhere else that we all insist on putting bars in...

also, i saw a played sim of mine with the 'student' tag over her head at one of the spirit rallies, which surprised me since this sim is played (she's one of the trio that originally solved strangerville for me) and she's got a job (as a botanist... i just liked having an infected botanist help with the story there). when i checked her hidden traits and career, though, she was still a botanist and wasn't actually enrolled in either of the schools... just there posing as a student for the free booze

(though now i'm tempted to check out the npc mod. *shakefist at @happyopi )

I think I've had 2 sims become students. The rest are shown hanging out on campus, but they're just "roommate's friend" or whatnot.
    O(≧▽≦)O

Try NPCC instead.

I think you have to click on a sim to access the settings for it.

Try NPCC instead.

I think you have to click on a sim to access the settings for it.

Yeah, I've clicked on multiple sims and only MCCC is showing up
    O(≧▽≦)O