Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim's dorm mates are so miserable! [DU]

They are always crying or walking with their heads hanging. Do you know what causes this and is there anyway I can stop it?

Because of this the dorms are such a miserable place to be :neutral:

giphy.gif

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, school is sucks.

I'd be depressed too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My sims roommate cries every night....same.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sounds true to life.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Maybe offer them hugs? Lol that's why I keep saying it would be nice to have different ways of comforting sad sims.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you’re a Spellcaster, you can maybe give them a potion to make them feel better? Or if you have parenthood, discuss bad mood? I’ve never tried these 😂
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Mine are always miserable because they're always peeing themselves or covered in filth.
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Yes. I'm so glad it's not just my game.
    Mine are always moping around too. Head down, sad faces and listed as sad when you talk to them. It's only my roomies and largely when they at the dorm too rather than say in the common areas or pub etc.

This must be a bug and it's really irritating.

I did some investigating. I right clicked them and added them to the family to see their moodlets. None of them were sad ( even though they were appearing as sad when chatting to them). Indeed, one had 4 happy buffs and the other was fine.

I'm playing in Drake Hall at UoB. It's a boys only dorm. Anyone else seeing this elsewhere?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My sim’s roommate is this way, it’s pretty funny to be honest. She tries to get her out often With a couple of other friends to help cheer her up. My sim is such a good friend. <3
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2019
    That's interesting. I have played more than a Sim week in a dorm and I have not seen misery to that extent yet. Sometimes a couple of them do the gloomy walk for a while and there is always a filthy one, but there is mostly a lot of eating, sleeping, dancing and socializing. I have not seen anyone cry so far in the dorm.

Just to add, I did alter the dorm slightly before my Sim moved in. I added a kitchen with a good, proper fridge and the best microwave. And I regularly drag the food the roommates bring home into the fridge. I don't know if that would affect their emotional state though.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Sampeck95Sampeck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    This is happening to me too. I dont mind it much other than the dorm being generally filthy from everyone wetting themselves and not cleaning the bathroom. There was a point though where 2 dorm mates died of hunger and the grim reaper just stood around for 2 days... It wouldnt let me leave the lot until I debugged the two dead sims which were immediantly replaced with 2 new sims.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I'm pretty sure that is by design, the roommates are probably getting hidden traits so they will behave differently.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    hadklax wrote: »
    Yes. I'm so glad it's not just my game.
    Mine are always moping around too. Head down, sad faces and listed as sad when you talk to them. It's only my roomies and largely when they at the dorm too rather than say in the common areas or pub etc.

This must be a bug and it's really irritating.

I did some investigating. I right clicked them and added them to the family to see their moodlets. None of them were sad ( even though they were appearing as sad when chatting to them). Indeed, one had 4 happy buffs and the other was fine.

I'm playing in Drake Hall at UoB. It's a boys only dorm. Anyone else seeing this elsewhere?

This is the game engine and the SHAM of emotions. The game tries to make it APPEAR sims are having emotions when they actually do NOT. The emotions just appear as animations. The AI is not there to have any effect on any sim. Anywhere.

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have a couple roomies who are dirtier than others but I think it's by design. It's realistic too. lol..I must give it to the developers because this is most definitely the most realistic depiction of University that we've ever gotten!
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Would using the enable-free-build cheat and adding some emotion-buffing items to the dorm help? Or maybe having your skilled painters hang some appropriate paintings? --though if npc-students are coded to display sad walks, etc., it might take a mod to change.