Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What season do you start a new game in?

124...Next

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Spring
    Always spring, as it allows me to calibrate the festivals from the start, making sure romance fest happens in spring, and spice fest in summer.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Summer
    Usually I start in the summer, sometimes spring. Never fall or winter because I hate the cold, in game and IRL.

SAME ^^^
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    Summer
    I usually start in Summer for that niiiiiiiiiiiiiice sun! Mostly for taking pics of my sims lol.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Spring
    DoktorBonk wrote: »
    One thing about Seasons bothers me, though: How you can't have all of your plants at the same time!! I mean, I get that it's the realism factor, and I can appreciate that, but it makes crossbreeding plants SO HARD!! On one file I used to play, I was trying to go for all the plants available with the packs I have, and I could never get there because it was so difficult to crossbreed! When you only get a few shots per year, and the success rate of crossbreeds is so low, it's really hard to get the plants you need!! (Semi-offtopic, I know, my apologies.)

I think you can, as long as they are indoors, in a greenhouse, or just an overhang above them If they aren't under some sort of shelter you can't though .
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Spring
    Spring! We get the hot, cold, rainy, and dry days! Perfect to show-off all my outfits! lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Other
    Which ever season the Northern Hemisphere is in, in real life.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Summer
    Maybe because Sims 3 Seasons always started in summer, or because it's my favourite season IRL.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    Depending on my mood, spring or summer is what I choose. I very much dislike the other two seasons IRL (allergies), so that is why.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Summer
    I was starting games in Spring but this year, now the weather in RL is ick, I start the game in Summer. I'm also really appreciating Sulani, sunny and warm!
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Summer
    Usually I start in the summer, sometimes spring. Never fall or winter because I hate the cold, in game and IRL.

Me too. lol
  • VedenhaltiaVedenhaltia Posts: 16 Member
    Spring
    I usually start in spring although I love winter and snow but it is easier for my poor sims to collect sellable things when they don’t freeze doing that. 😆
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Always Different
    It depends on what season is in real life.
    For example I play the Seasons:
    Autumn - September 1st to November 30th
    Winter - December 1st to February 28th
    Spring - March 1st to May 31st
    Summer - June 1st to August 31st
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Spring
    I usually start in spring but if I start up a one off save, I play in whatever season it is in real life.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Spring
    Characteristically I always start in Spring, though there has been the odd time where I've had a new save begin in a different season. I just like the flowers and the weather in Spring for most of the new families. There was one time I made a family and started them in Winter... I will never forget the horror of watching them freeze to death whilst they were in the Welcome Wagon.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    I started it in Winter...with storms being involved, lol. It was a fun experience.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Summer
    I start in summer in hopes that my sims will have a family by Winterfest.