Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging and DU

If I have the math right, with a heavy course load it takes a minimum of three 7-day terms to graduate, correct? That's 21 days.

So a sim would have to spend basically their entire young adult stage getting through school. I know people who have done that, mind you, but they weren't exactly the most motivated people you'll ever meet.

Does aging stop if you're living on campus, or is there something else I'm missing?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    Aging does not stop! If you don't want your sims to age while studying at a uni you need to turn aging off yourself. As I did :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • RuffinshotRuffinshot Posts: 24 Member
    Aging does not stop! If you don't want your sims to age while studying at a uni you need to turn aging off yourself. As I did :)

"Congrats, here's your diploma! And your bifocals!"

That seems horribly impractical. I guess it's fine for folks who play really long life spans, but if you're just playing on normal aging it trashes whatever story progression you have. Ditto meddling with aging - all the other families in the game would just stop so one sim can go to school.

It only takes about 12 days to max a career anyway so even the career bump is less than useless. (Maxed the criminal career during the first term, actually.)

So when it comes down to it, all the whole expansion amounts to is three new careers and some stuff. Really, really disappointed. Time for my sim to join the lawyer career and sue somebody over it.