Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University: SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited November 2019
    they updated the buy mode! i see a bike under outdoors...it says transportation! and you can now lock your laptops, assigned beds also..i looked it's not in the patch notes.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    they updated the buy mode! i see a bike under outdoors...it says transportation! and you can now lock your laptops, assigned beds also..i looked it's not in the patch notes.

Also choosing how much money to transfer when you break up a household
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Awesome!
    I just checked the move options and they’re updated with the transfer funds feature, too 👍
    did know about that...i almost fallen out of my chair when i seen the bike..
    edited November 2019
    Something else...
    When you load your household it’s paused! I modded this before and now I don’t have to. This little thing makes me happy.

ETA: It seems like it is only paused if that’s the way you left it. When traveling, it will not be paused FYI.
    Post edited by babajayne on
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I don't see a bike!
    edited November 2019
    it's in outdoor in buy mode... it's called transportation
    alan650111 wrote: »

I don't see a bike!
    Just a bike icon, sadly. All I have in that category are watercraft.
    edited November 2019
    they never said anything about the icon of the bike or locking of the laptop or assigned beds, the transfer funds feature..it's not in the patch notes..i was thinking it came with DU not with the update,

is the school thing look different? i was playing my teen and it just looks different to me...
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • YialinYialin Posts: 2 New Member
    All of this sounds good but I'm wondering how many loading screens there are going to be. Since you can only have one building loaded at once.
    edited November 2019
    New video on hidden features, now under Purchase books are University testbooks but there are nothing there..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY1bRasuE6Q
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Patch notes! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes
    @12JEREMIA and other music fans can check out the full Hip Hop station list info there.
    Why thanks!
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member

what? Im confused! youtubers have been releasing DU content for at least 2 days now...I thought the embargo was lifted then?

-Yarden.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »

what? Im confused! youtubers have been releasing DU content for at least 2 days now...I thought the embargo was lifted then?
    That was from simscamp. They were timed to do as much as they can. Now they’ll have any time to showcase everything fully and more detailed.
    I saw a GC video with weather happening at university. I thought they only had the base game and the Uni EP at Sims Camp. Unless his was an exception and had seasons installed. I wonder if they’ve had the EP for a few days already.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »

That was from simscamp. They were timed to do as much as they can. Now they’ll have any time to showcase everything fully and more detailed.

ohh ok thank you:)

-Yarden.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    edited November 2019
    If it's meant to be UK weather then it could be snowing/raining/sleeting and sunny all in a space of a few hours in Scotland! :#:p I pre-orderd from amazon,will it be activated at midnight tonight? Thanks.
    Post edited by Freckles1971 on
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Are the robots going to act like servos? Are there robots?

—T
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Updated my game today... University dlc isn't out til tomorrow, but a sim I have cannot purchase certain reward traits because it says she is a robot? She's a vampire, sure... but there shouldn't be robots in my game without the DLC? Is this just buggy that this occured? xD So darn weird
  • ApricotoApricoto Posts: 11 New Member
    hi, i was wondering, i had my sim apply for university and she didnt get into any distinguished degrees, so is it possible to apply again for a distinguished degree or can you only apply once?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Apricoto wrote: »
    hi, i was wondering, i had my sim apply for university and she didnt get into any distinguished degrees, so is it possible to apply again for a distinguished degree or can you only apply once?

I think you have to skill them up appropriately first before applying again.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @apricoto carl's site has pretty good guides showing what helps increase the likelihood a sim will get a distinguished degree of their preferred type. the link i'm about to give is to computer science, but it shows how everything is weighed (just different skills for each degree) and links near the bottom can send you to each individual degree. it's been super helpful

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/degrees/computerscience.php
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    I am seriously disappointed same as Sims3 University Just another rabithole!
  • ApricotoApricoto Posts: 11 New Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think you have to skill them up appropriately first before applying again.
    okay, thank u, but its not giving me the option to apply again?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top