Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i have now been playing the sims for 19 years thanks EA

carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
as a disabled person from birth the sims has been a massive part of my life im now 40 and i discovered the sims 1 when i was about 22 i have loved it most of my life and i just wanted to say thank you to EA for giving me and many others a way to forget about disablities/health issues xxx i love the sims so much xx i love the new university expansion pack xxx

Comments

• ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I'm 31. Been playing since I was 11 with Sims 1 (to think that game was so amazing at the time is funny). Super excited for this pack. Looks like a good one.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    That's amazing! I'm really happy to see how this game can make so many people's lives better. It can really help us escape from the tough reality sometimes.

I've been playing for about 15 years now. I'm 24 and started playing Sims 1 when I was 9.
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    I'm 39 and I started playing The Sims in 2000 with a cousin that's 3 years under me. So we've been playing for 19 years as well. I have gotten a lot of my family hooked on it as well. They would come over for family gatherings, and I'm in my room for the most part playing away. All my little cousins are sitting there watching me play. It's a wonderful game. And I'll continue as it grows!!
  • Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    Thats what I love the most about the sims its like a get away from real life. I've been playing it since I was 6, im 21 now. It has been quite a yourney. From burning the whole house down and killing half a family in the sims 1 from building a new house for a big family today in the sims 4. I cant see myself not playing the game. For the franshise will continue.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Thanks to EA to give me a pasttime that never gets old, even after 19 years! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Same! Been playing since age 9. I'm now nearly 30, and a mother of 3....still love my sims time.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Same. I’m 33 and actually started with Sim City then moved to the sims 1 when it came out.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited November 2019
    Such a lovely thread, @carlymichelle. Thank you so very much. It warms my heart to hear about the positive effects this game we all love so much has on our lives. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what the Sims has meant to you and hope we can keep you entertained for the next 19 years as well! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Im 47 ! EEK how did that happen, sims has been my escape through the years, its my creative outlet and my get out of real life for a few hours outlet, I loved all the sims Ive ever played - and the sims building has just got better and better!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I'm 25 and have been playing Sims since I was 8. I'm addicted.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i am 64 and its a nice break from real life and working so ty EA
  • DP1916DP1916 Posts: 188 Member
    I have also been playing for 19 years now in my fifties. :)<3
  • Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    I been playing since sims 1 too. I'm 45.
  • Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I’m 48,(be 49 in Dec.) I have been playing Sims since I was in my late 20’s. I have enjoyed the Sims games.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I turned 40 last week, and have been playing since the Sims 1 launched. I remember the EBGames employee telling me he couldn't believe people would want to play a game like the Sims. :D Back then I was all about making my own skins and such so there would be more options for customization, though now I let other more capable people do those things.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I've been playing since just before Sims 4 was launched...5 years or 6, not sure. My granddaughter introduced me to the game, before that I didn't know Sims even existed. She had it on disc and urged me to try it for a while, "I just know you'll like it Gramma" she'd say. She was right, and I was hooked. I waited until Sims 4 was released to buy my own. I never tire of it, and have every expansion, game and stuff pack. I'm 65.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    We bought TS1 when it first came out for my oldest daughter's 13th birthday. I started out just watching her play, then she asked if I wanted to try. From that moment on I was hooked. Our entire family played for a time, but now I'm the only one that still plays every day. I was 38 at the time, now I'm 57 and have three grandchildren with another one on the way. The Sims has enriched and enhanced my life in so many ways over the years, I can't imagine life without it. I just love it and hope it continues on for many, many more years to come! <3