Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Bug

My sim successfully graduated University and now I cannot play her. Everytime I try to load her, I get a 102 message. Anyone else seen this?

I do not use cc or mods. I have tried repairing my game and moving her to a new lot. I get the 102 message everytime. Any tips? I've never had this type of issue before.

Comments

• Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2019
    from answers.ea.com

This error 102 usually mean there are outdated mods/cc in your game. These will need to be checked over. To fix this issue you'll want to move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

On a previous post someone also mentioned this and someone else posted a link to a fix. I will try and find it and report back.

This was the link:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-4e6f578f-Corrupted/td-p/8428249
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    Trina_1181Trina_1181 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having this same problem. My sim graduated and now I cannot add her to a household or create a new one. Any household I try to put her in gives a error message with the code 102:6ee24dd4:e49d7f43.

I dont use or have any cc or mods in my game. Now I dont want to play with another sim in university because I might end up losing them.
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    This just happened to me too. I don't have my save backed up, is it ruined forever?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    simduck88 wrote: »
    My sim successfully graduated University and now I cannot play her. Everytime I try to load her, I get a 102 message. Anyone else seen this?

I do not use cc or mods. I have tried repairing my game and moving her to a new lot. I get the 102 message everytime. Any tips? I've never had this type of issue before.

I really hope this is fixed in an emergency patch along with Error 109 cause it will go to consoles once they get this game Dec 17th.
  • Options
    Avis_pixieAvis_pixie Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same problem, my sim graduated so I moved her out of dorms and in with her boyfriend and everytime I try to load the household I get the error 102 message and it won't load. I tried splitting the household but then I was unable to play with either sim as the same error message kept coming up for any households either of them were in. Really hope theres a way to fix this without losing anything!
  • Options
    Avis_pixie wrote: »
    I have the same problem, my sim graduated so I moved her out of dorms and in with her boyfriend and everytime I try to load the household I get the error 102 message and it won't load. I tried splitting the household but then I was unable to play with either sim as the same error message kept coming up for any households either of them were in. Really hope theres a way to fix this without losing anything!

That was fixed. A mod was causing this issue.
  • Options
    AYSHlAAYSHlA Posts: 4 New Member
    Probably the biggest and most annoying issue i'm having right now is error 109, which happens from Organizations. It happens whenever i'm going to a bar lot or something like that. Crin said that it could be a cause of a deleted sim in that organization but I believe i've never done so. https://sims4.crinrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/109_1bfa931d.jpg
  • Options
    youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member

I don’t think so, I don’t play with any mods at all and also had this problem.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    do we know which mod is causing this problem?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Most of these error codes are explained here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng
    There are also a few reports already at Answers HQ, if anyone wants to add a “me too” to the reports
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs/page/4
  • Options

Hmm Crin said it was fixed and said a mod was causing it. She named the mod. I forgot the name of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I don't have University EP and yet the bug bugging me. (seems to be the non-updated traits)
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kyasocute17Kyasocute17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the Discover University expansion pack and for some reason when I am in build/buy mode, my Discover University lot types are not showing up anymore. Is anybody else having this problem?
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member

This is a common problem. IT IS NOT CAUSED BY MODS. But you will need a mod to fix it. The irony is delicious :wink:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-Corrupted-relationship/td-p/8428249
  • Options

This is a common problem. IT IS NOT CAUSED BY MODS. But you will need a mod to fix it. The irony is delicious :wink:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-Corrupted-relationship/td-p/8428249

Hopefully we won't need a mod to fix it long. Just think if this isn't fixed it will migrate to the consoles.
  • Options
    I had the MC mod in and yet I couldn't get any houses to load in order to do anything..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    One simmer reported in another thread that by testing she found that one of these 102 errors may be caused by having locked your dorm room door, and then not unlocking it before your sim leaves campus at the end of the term. She got her code shortly after moving from the dorms, so she exited the game reloaded an earlier save and just prior to leaving campus at the end of term she unlocked her dorm room door, that time no error code upon moving out.

I can’t remember what thread she posted it in, I will look around and if I find it will link it here.

• Options
    What if you don't have DU EP yet and you get the errors?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    One simmer reported in another thread that by testing she found that one of these 102 errors may be caused by having locked your dorm room door, and then not unlocking it before your sim leaves campus at the end of the term. She got her code shortly after moving from the dorms, so she exited the game reloaded an earlier save and just prior to leaving campus at the end of term she unlocked her dorm room door, that time no error code upon moving out.

I can’t remember what thread she posted it in, I will look around and if I find it will link it here.
    That was me, and it’s not proven yet. That did in fact happen, but it didn’t happen when testing it again. I gave my save to crinrict over at Answers HQ, and she said she’d look into it over the weekend.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Has that happened to you? Could mean then it has something to do with the Patch that released before DU. Prehaps you should report that to Crin.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »

That was me, and it’s not proven yet. That did in fact happen, but it didn’t happen when testing it again. I gave my save to crinrict over at Answers HQ, and she said she’d look into it over the weekend.

Oh okay. I’m kind of afraid to play right now since some of these glitches are corrupting and ruining saves. 😬

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Hmm Crin said it was fixed and said a mod was causing it. She named the mod. I forgot the name of it.

There's more than one 102 error, and they are not the same. You have to make sure the code matches exactly to be sure it's the same issue.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Has that happened to you? Could mean then it has something to do with the Patch that released before DU. Prehaps you should report that to Crin.

it appears to be outdated traits at least in my case.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Oh okay. I’m kind of afraid to play right now since some of these glitches are corrupting and ruining saves. 😬

Yeah there are quite a few of them too. I’m personally just keeping a copy of my saves on my desktop, always using “save as” and doing so often.
  • Options

Yeah there are quite a few of them too. I’m personally just keeping a copy of my saves on my desktop, always using “save as” and doing so often.

Good idea.