Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University: we want more courses

Sul Sul!
Looking at the list of courses and careers in The Sims 4, wouldn't it be correct for gurus to add the career of psychologist and the Physical Education, Medicine and Law courses? Please EA, make these additions! Expansion will make a lot more sense.

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    A psychologist career or branch would be fun but why do we need specific courses for the others when they are already covered?
  • navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Because it would be so much more realistic. No one has a degree in history and can act as a judge, for example. The expansion would be more complete.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I think that would overcomplicate things. If that were the case, you might as well just send your sims to medical school or law school!
    But does The Sims 4 have law and medical schools?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    navani wrote: »
    Because it would be so much more realistic. No one has a degree in history and can act as a judge, for example. The expansion would be more complete.

Lol, I'm a lawyer, and a *significant* number of my colleagues have history degrees.

Given that there's no law school or medical school in the Sims, and probably never will be, Biology as (an undergrad) major for doctors and History (or Literature) for lawyers makes perfect sense. Political science would also have been a very logical major to add, and would be nice to have, but the degrees we do have are decent, in my opinion.

University is clearly intended to be modeled after the undergraduate experience rather than graduate or professional schools, and if you look at it through that lens, it makes sense.
    Apparently, in your country things are different. I am from Brazil and here a person can only be a judge or lawyer if she has a law degree. History graduates can only teach or research as a historian. So we find this detail of the expansion strange here. But, it seems like it's just a cultural diversity.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited November 2019
    navani wrote: »
    Apparently, in your country things are different. I am from Brazil and here a person can only be a judge or lawyer if she has a law degree. History graduates can only teach or research as a historian. So we find this detail of the expansion strange here. But, it seems like it's just a cultural diversity.

Well, law school is postgraduate - so yes, you have to go to law school (for the most part) to become a lawyer, but people who go to law school first earn an undergraduate degree in a variety of subjects, history being one of them. With the way they have DU structured, if you sent a sim for an undergraduate degree and then grad school of any kind they'd be dead of old age by the time they got to go to work. :P