Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to package a furnished apartment ?

JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 2
All items from the apartment gone once the family move out, I am curious is there any method to keep the furnishing?
4kTG3iX.png
Post edited by Jadesimmer on

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Jadesimmer

If you are no opposed to using mods there is a mod on the following link that appears to enable various fittings/furnishing to be left behind when moving sims out. I have not used it yet it is on my to do list to try but the reviews are good..it can be found on the following link :)

https://modthesims.info/d/537238/mootilda-and-phae-s-for-sale-sign.html

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Another solution to this irritating problem is to save one room at a time, fully furnished, of the apartment in question, to your library, then re-apply it from the library once you move a new household in. It really is annoying to have apartments stripped bare, even of basics like counters, appliances, plumbing, just because someone moves out, I agree. Other thing you can do is remove the piece of wall where the door is (or any panel of wall that would mean all rooms are now connected) and save the entire apartment as a room. I can't remember if you have to enable free build (ctrl-shift-c, then testingcheats on, then bb.enablefreebuild) to do that to apartments, or not.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Nushnushganay That works for Sims 4 apartments. This post is talking about Sims 2 apartments. Sims 2 does not have a room library like Sims 4 does.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    @Nushnushganay That works for Sims 4 apartments. This post is talking about Sims 2 apartments. Sims 2 does not have a room library like Sims 4 does.

Whoops, sorry. I should have paid better attention.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Jadesimmer

If you are no opposed to using mods there is a mod on the following link that appears to enable various fittings/furnishing to be left behind when moving sims out. I have not used it yet it is on my to do list to try but the reviews are good..it can be found on the following link :)

https://modthesims.info/d/537238/mootilda-and-phae-s-for-sale-sign.html

I will try this out later, Thanks for your help! :)
    4kTG3iX.png