Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Long To get to Class

julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
I am fed up of how long it takes my sim to get from his dorm to class each time . If i leave it until i get the message an hour before the class then invariably he doesn't arrive until at least an hour after the class has started .
He will never use his bike to go to class preferring every time to jog there .
Then the bikes are horrendous if i can him to use it at any time ,
Get the bike out , get on it rider a bit , get off , put it on its stand , put it in his inventory , go up stairs , get bike out , get on it , ride into the dorm , appear in the dorm still sat on his bike , get off the bike , put it on its stand , get back on bike , ride to table to get some food , get off bike , put it on stand , put it in inventory .

Did Maxis actually game play this pack , it doesn't seem so

I guess in a way its better he jogs to class as it actually takes longer coming home on his bike

My last point is you can tell its coded for american players
I started him with 4 classes a term , they are not 4 classes they are 4 subjects and 12 classes .
Needless to say he failed baldy the first term , then i find out that's not the end of his Uni , he then has to sign up for more terms or loses his sponjsorship

Comments

• NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I've had this problem at Foxbury mostly. I sold his bike because I was sick of it. At Britrchester, it seemed much easier for my sim because unlike Foxbury, it's not loaded with staircases everywhere.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I just posted about this very thing. Both my undergraduate degree and graduate degrees are from large institutions with massive campuses. So I get the fact that it's a hike to get there. What I don't understand though, is why the bike interaction doesn't work, the sim runs instead of riding the bike (U Brite doesn't have any stairs so it's a straight shot) and worse of all, you can't send your sim early because you have no idea which building to send them to. I have 6 Sims at UBrite and 2 -3 go to classes at the same time. I can't tell the buildings apart. I don't mind having to look up the buildings, I mind that they don't say which class is being held. This makes your sim late, because you may send them to the wrong building. Also, not all of my sims get the option to leave early for class. so I have no idea which building I'm sending them to.
  • gekko513gekko513 Posts: 10 New Member
    Count me in as having an issue with this. At first I thought it was some kind of bug that my sim didn't make it to class in time, before I realized they had to manually walk across the map to get there. Then I bought a couple of bikes in the hope it would help, but the bikes just seem to make traveling take even longer, not to mention how ridiculous it looks with the bike appearing and disappearing for every staircase.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Looks like that extra care to make those bike animations made things even more of a hassle to keep your timing right for classes; but hey simmers wanted more in-depth animations, now you got them.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    I missed my first class entirely due to this problem. Hope it doesn't effect my grade too much.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    yes this is a huge problem. In the sims 3 they would tell you what building your class was in, and it would allow you to get to class in time.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2019
    Havent had much problem as my sim always leaves an hour early to get to their class autonomously. So surprised hearing peoples sims arent able to make it to class on time. Foxbury definitely does have a interesting and frustrating layout for bikes. Even when my sim did jog they did make 30 minutes before class.

My sim finally figured out taking the actual path around was faster on her bike. Surprised really as it was put there for sims on bikes to have better access same with around that gymnaisum.

I found setting the bike in their inventory as their favorite they'll always opt to use it.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    I've had no problem with the bikes. As for getting to class, if you know exactly which building classes are in you can just SHIFT-Click on the ground in front of the building & choose "teleport here". Your sim will then show up at that spot. Just make sure the sim is standing when you do; if their sitting they'll end up walking/jogging. Another thing for Foxbury: if you have the sim travel to Larry's Lagoon (the commons) ahead of time the class building is pretty close by so a somewhat shorter jog.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wonder if the hover suit will help them get around faster in Foxbury. I still haven’t touched robotics yet, but I am curious!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Exactly. The classes are 90 minutes and my sims arrive for the last 30 minutes of them (if they don't go early). I honestly wish they just dissappeared at the elevator.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    To repeat for sims going to Foxbury: you can use the phone to travel to Larry's Lagoon (the foxbury commons) shortly before the one hour warning. The building classes are held in is nearby so it won't take as long to get there.
  • Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    If you live in the middle section of Britechester they just go to class like going to school or work, which is kinda annoying for if you want to live in a dorm...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I thought it was pretty easy to get to class at UBrite. My Sim would auto-queue to leave an hour beforehand and either ride her bike or jog depending on the distance. I’m kind of afraid to try out Foxbury just because of that stairs issue, though!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They should have pre thought this out.
    I think we should atleast know which building has what class.

I haven't tried it yet but my suggestion would be to get the wellness skill if it's a human sim and teleport. Or fly as a bat if vampire. Broom if spellcaster. Or just use the cheat to slowdown time for sims. Either through mccc command or the cheat EA provided to slow the milliseconds.

I have not played in regular sim time for years because it speeds by so fast I never have time for anything. This way I am able to get things done without stress. And I have no doubt they can make it to class this way.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Are there different buildings for different classes , my sim has gone to the same building now for every single class , he is currently in his third term of 3 classes per term , which helps me as it means i can send him over there a couple of hours early and let him practise on his guitar while waiting , I gave up on the bike after seeing other sims leave the classroom with him and get back to the dorm before him by walking or running
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Are there different buildings for different classes , my sim has gone to the same building now for every single class , he is currently in his third term of 3 classes per term , which helps me as it means i can send him over there a couple of hours early and let him practise on his guitar while waiting , I gave up on the bike after seeing other sims leave the classroom with him and get back to the dorm before him by walking or running

Yes, there are two buildings
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Get the bike out , get on it rider a bit , get off , put it on its stand , put it in his inventory , go up stairs , get bike out , get on it , ride into the dorm , appear in the dorm still sat on his bike , get off the bike , put it on its stand , get back on bike , ride to table to get some food , get off bike , put it on stand , put it in inventory .

This kind of stuff happened in Sims 3. And it's one of the reasons I think (and sort of hope) we wouldn't get cars in Sims 4. Given other issues the game has had (umbrellas anyone?), I saw this coming.
    When I eventually get this pack, I'll know not to use bikes.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • PlutoBuddzPlutoBuddz Posts: 3 New Member
    For me, I don't even have the button "go to class" or "get to class early". Instead, I just tell my sim to walk in front of the building and hour before class starts. But when class is started, my sim won't go into class. She just stands outside. I don't know what to do. Maybe it's just a glitch?
    I tried leaving the game without saving, but that didn't work either.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    My Sim has a bike, but she hasn't set it as her favorite and doesn't use it to get to class. It's just an exercise in futility when attending Foxbury. She only uses it for recreation purposes during her off hours. I tell her to 'walk here' right in front of the doors to the building for classes after first traveling to Larry's Lagoon Commons around 45 minutes early. She usually has a few minutes before class starts and I'll have her do something to top off any needs or homework while she waits.

She now lives in her own house, but for the first term she lived in Tidal Towers dorm. I never just let her 'go to class,' I sent her using the above method. However, she did have two classes only five minutes apart in different buildings. I resorted to using the 'teleport here' method for the second class just so she'd make it on time. She was only a few minutes late for her first class the first time and it didn't hurt her grade, she ended up with an A+

Concerning how to know where each class is held, you'll need to click on the classroom buildings and choose 'Office Hours' during the hours of 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekdays. It'll tell you in the pop up which classes are held in that building. If your Sim has a class at the beginning of term that happens before 11 a.m., you'll just have to guess and then check while they're in class once it rolls around to 11 a.m., unfortunately. I don't know of any other way to find out.

Something I noticed though, at least for my Sim, in Foxbury, all her regular classes were in one building (the shorter one) and every elective was held in the other taller building with the waterfall next to it. Maybe the class designations are also set up that way in UBrite too? I can't say since I haven't had a Sim take classes there yet. but in Foxbury, this has been true for all 12 classes for my Sim. She's just started her last 3 classes before graduation.

I hope this helps someone. I agree that the class locations should've been made easier to find or given along with their schedule and put names on the classroom buildings visible when hovering over them. That would've made so much more sense. I guess perhaps they wanted to make it a challenge for our Sims since a lot of Simmers believe this game is too easy to play? I don't know... *shrugs*
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I just posted about this very thing. Both my undergraduate degree and graduate degrees are from large institutions with massive campuses. So I get the fact that it's a hike to get there. What I don't understand though, is why the bike interaction doesn't work, the sim runs instead of riding the bike (U Brite doesn't have any stairs so it's a straight shot) and worse of all, you can't send your sim early because you have no idea which building to send them to. I have 6 Sims at UBrite and 2 -3 go to classes at the same time. I can't tell the buildings apart. I don't mind having to look up the buildings, I mind that they don't say which class is being held. This makes your sim late, because you may send them to the wrong building. Also, not all of my sims get the option to leave early for class. so I have no idea which building I'm sending them to.

You should be able to check each Sims' class schedule. Mostly, mine would take off for class in order to get there ahead of time. The only time I had one who was late, ( I never did understand just what his problem was) but I had to keep sending him to class. Finally, he got there but he then left early! Guess my Sim has a mind of his own and decided to cut class. :open_mouth: Unfortunately, he got a much lower grade than he would have had he just gone to class and take notes, like normal. In the end it brought his GPA down. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/