Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to grow a Sims YouTube channel?

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited January 2019
    @SimmerBoi I'll gladly check out your channel and subscribe, if I did not already. I searched your nick but no hits on Youtube.

Please check out mine, I'm small and got started a year ago, I think. I have several series going.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    > @Simmerville said:
    > @SimmerBoi I'll gladly check out your channel and subscribe, if I did not already. I searched your nick but no hits on Youtube.
    >
    > Please check out mine, I'm small and got started a year ago, I think. I have several series going.

Hi, maybe you can find it by searching for "simmer boi sims 4 machinima" or "vampires will never hurt you sims 4 machinima"
    I think because it's such a new channel it's hard to find it.
    Your channel is super cute, I just subscribed and checked it out. I'll definitely look at your videos more thoroughly in a few hours though because I'm busy at the moment.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    > @Simmerville said:
    > @SimmerBoi I'll gladly check out your channel and subscribe, if I did not already. I searched your nick but no hits on Youtube.
    >
    > Please check out mine, I'm small and got started a year ago, I think. I have several series going.

Hi, maybe you can find it by searching for "simmer boi sims 4 machinima" or "vampires will never hurt you sims 4 machinima"
    I think because it's such a new channel it's hard to find it.
    Your channel is super cute, I just subscribed and checked it out. I'll definitely look at your videos more thoroughly in a few hours though because I'm busy at the moment.

Found it. It helped dividing your nick :)

About building your account, maybe adding your channel link to your sinature here on the forums? You want get lots of more visitirs, but it will make it easier for others to stop by if they want :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    @SimmerBoi how do you link people in videos :o, I am also trying to get into machinima.. i have one in the works but i just cant seem to get the story on point.. so Im just sticking with speed builds atm

My page is SimGasms (i dont think im a high enough like level to leave links and photos)
    SimGasms wrote: »
    @SimmerBoi how do you link people in videos :o, I am also trying to get into machinima.. i have one in the works but i just cant seem to get the story on point.. so Im just sticking with speed builds atm

My page is SimGasms (i dont think im a high enough like level to leave links and photos)

Do you mean how do I put links in the video description? I just copy and paste them XD
  • kimskankwalkerkimskankwalker Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="rubahluba;c-16478647"]hey Kim, I just started my channel and I currently use OBS recording studio to record my gameplay and my speed builds. As for video editing software, I use VSDC Video Editor because it's free and easy to use and also comes with a converter so you can upload the videos on YouTube! [/quote]

Wow, I havent been on this forum in a long time, jeez. I just saw this, haha. But thank you so much! I did end up starting that speed build channel not too long ago, amd yeah, I found OBS to be best too.
    I'd link to my latest video, but I cant put links in comments for some reason. But my YouTube channel is under the name Minnie Roberts
    Wow, I havent been on this forum in a long time, jeez. I just saw this, haha. But thank you so much! I did end up starting that speed build channel not too long ago, amd yeah, I found OBS to be best too.
    I'd link to my latest video, but I cant put links in comments for some reason. But my YouTube channel is under the name Minnie Roberts

You can't put links in the comments because you're still a new member, just be sure to keep posting on the forum and they'll grant you official membership, then you'll be able to post links, change your signature and profile pics and everything else! (Is there something else? I don't think so but whatever hahaha)
  • Queenb0ssbreQueenb0ssbre Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this thread! Please subscribe to my channel on youtube! queenbossbr3. I am struggling to get more subscribers.
    queenbossbr3...
    follow me and i'll follow you! Thank you!
  • janellesimmerjanellesimmer Posts: 13 New Member
    This is very helpful for me also. I decide to actually start making videos. Anyone got any tips on go screen recorders?

Also this is my youtube:
    My name is janellesimmer

Any tips would be much appreciated
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    @janellesimmer Use OBS Studio. Its what most youtubers, like myself, use. Its free and easy to use :)
    MVIHo4S.jpg
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    @janellesimmer also, your YouTube couldnt be found when i typed in your name in the search bar.
    MVIHo4S.jpg
  • MissTeteMissTete Posts: 22 Member
    @janellesimmer I could not find your youtube either. I have a couple of Machinima in the works but not ready to post. I'm hoping to do a summer series. Follow me @ VixenOfFiction on Youtube and I will follow you back. Good luck growing your channel.
  • MissTeteMissTete Posts: 22 Member
    @queenbossbr3 Found you & Gave you a follow. Looks good so far. You can find me @ VixenOfFiction
  • PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    If you would like to follow me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g/featured

I post speed build video's, base game only and no cc!
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • IndyPlaysGamesIndyPlaysGames Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys! My name is Indy and I just started a gaming channel for mainly funny and outlandish Sims 4 content and I just posted my first video titled "The Sims 4 But I'm A Serial Killer..." so please check it out if you can! My Channel is Called Indy Plays Games (can't post a link yet because I'm new lol)

Also please leave your channels as I've already gone through some of the ones in this forum and most have some really cool content!
  • SinnoraSinnora Posts: 28 Member
    I also like to make a video Sims. But sadly because there are few views.
  • Lois_AnneLois_Anne Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone! Just started my own Sims YouTube channel, been wanting to start one for ages and finally got the confidence!

My YouTube name is @ Lois Anne.

Would appreciate any feedback/suggestions to improve the channel, and if you like please subscribe! Will be looking through the channels left in this forum 😊
  • CoCoaKarmaCoCoaKarma Posts: 2 New Member
    all of you have good content, me still a newbie and much more to learn, feel free to check it out and give me honest feedback, so I can improve. thank you ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfEuQVxxTL0-M6cR-jhbOuQ/videos
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I would love to BLOW UP on YouTube. But until that day happens, I enjoy revisiting all the stuff I learned in school about video editing and producing a TV series. I never realized my dream of becoming a TV producer in the 1990s, so I'm enjoying developing story ideas for Sims series, I have 5 in production. Developing a schedule. Creating blog posts and tweets to promote the channel. And at the end of the day if I'm the only one watching them, its all good.

And, it really spices up my game play too and it keeps my creative juices flowing.

Sometimes I feel like dang, I'm ten years too late, but you know what, I don't know the formula for popularity nor what makes YouTube rank my videos higher or place them on the recommend list. But, I do know the formula for fun and defeating boredom. So, for now, I am not despising the days of small beginnings. I'm grateful for the few views I get, and they are minuscule since I just launched my channel late September 2019.

Happy simming and happy creating y'all.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Samsims1989Samsims1989 Posts: 11 New Member
    It’s so nice that we can all check each other channels out and help each other grow with our YouTube account my YouTube account is samsims1989 I do let’s plays only just started but I’ve got a few videos up be so awesome if u guys could check them out and il be sure to check yours too xx
  • WillowSims_WillowSims_ Posts: 112 Member
    These tips are very helpful. I'm currently filming some speed builds to upload to YouTube at some point
    My YouTube Channel

☆ Subscribe for more uploads every Saturday ☆
  • GuriaGuria Posts: 12 New Member
    I just started out my channel of sims4 Machinima. Name as My sims Tv poated three videos.But I think its really difficult to grow channel.
    Well im really get upset when people even dont comment and even dnt tell that its not good haha
    I just request to all of you please give your valuable feedback.as Im no expert at all even not in editing.nor recording but I do my best.
    :) :) :)
    [quote="SimmerBoi;c-16934688"]> @SimGasms said:
    > This post is so inspirations seeing how he is starting at the same level as where I feel right now, having the same concerns and doubts and seeing that he was persistant and followed the advice given in this post and now he has well over 5k!
    > My goal is too have at least 30 regular watchers and commenters lol 2019 here I come

We're on the same page! Just started my machinima channel and I'm already getting frustrated at the lack of interactions - ridiculous, right? - but reading this thread is giving me hope. Btw, if you want, you can link me your channel and I could stop by, I'm always looking for new simmers to follow and support! :)[/quote]

Please do view my channel and give your feedback i love to hear that.
    chanel name is: My sims Tv
    I posted 3 videos i just started out my chnnel