Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about dorms

So I think I did an oopsie with my save. I wanted to renovate the 2 dorms that were already occupied and I moved out those premade sims when I did so I could just go edit the lot. I can't seem to get them back into dorms cause they have to be enrolled at the university but they already are cause they still have their classes? How do I fix this? Is there a way to even fix this? I don't think I can go back on my save cause I clicked "save" instead of "save as" unless I'm wrong on that? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I pretty much can't play my main save file till I figure this out cause it's going to bother the heck out of me. Otherwise I might be screwed and have to redo my main save file from scratch or possibly at an earlier point in my save cause I think I might have a point I can go back to.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2019
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    [...]I don't think I can go back on my save cause I clicked "save" instead of "save as" unless I'm wrong on that?[...]

If this is all you did you should be able to recover your save.

7q1qBsx.png

• TrishabbbbTrishabbbb Posts: 2 New Member
    This is in relation to dorms and roommates - I placed my sim into university housing and the "room mates" were added to the household. I feel like im the only one with this issue. UGH
    [...]I don't think I can go back on my save cause I clicked "save" instead of "save as" unless I'm wrong on that?[...]

If this is all you did you should be able to recover your save.

7q1qBsx.png

I'll definitely try and see if I can do that. Crossing fingers!
    edited November 2019
    Praise the sim gods the recover save worked. I honestly completely forgot about that feature, thank you for the suggestion <3 Edit: Now question is, how should I go about saving my game now? Should I do just "save" or "save as"? I'm trying to keep this main file from becoming corrupt as much as possible cause when I say main save file, it's my starting game file that I use because I changed ALL the lots and updated ALL the households into how I want my worlds to be like starting out.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Praise the sim gods the recover save worked. I honestly completely forgot about that feature, thank you for the suggestion <3 Edit: Now question is, how should I go about saving my game now? Should I do just "save" or "save as"? I'm trying to keep this main file from becoming corrupt as much as possible cause when I say main save file, it's my starting game file that I use because I changed ALL the lots and updated ALL the households into how I want my worlds to be like starting out.

Use 'Save As' and save on a new save so if anymore problems rise up again in this new version, you have a secured save to fall back to.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member

Glad it worked out for you. As for "Save" or "Save As", I agree with paradiseplanet. There seems to be no limit to how many saves you can store with "Save As", but you can only recover the last five saves from a single save file.