Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forbidden fruit?

My gardener Sim rolled a win to grow a forbidden fruit. What is that? How do I get the seed?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've always gotten one from one of my science sims using the science machine and splicing or messing with the DNA commands on a seed. Once you have the forbidden fruit seed have your sim plant it. A few days later harvest it...if you are lucky plant baby!
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited November 2019
    For my first attempt, I spliced the genes of three seeds, one after the other, because I heard it's just some chance you get a baby. All three splicing attempts succeeded and resulted in three forbidden fruits, which I never experienced again. Also, all three fruits grew babies on the first try. Triplets, yay.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited November 2019
    :# I really don't want to deal with plant babies (yet if at all) so I think I'll just let my Sim not get their wish. Thanks for the info! I do have a master gardener who might end up with that wish at some point and I'll keep this in mind.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Those babies are genetic clones of the sim who harvested them (not who planted them), and they are very easy to raise, as they only have energy and social needs. It's pretty hands-off.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    :# I really don't want to deal with plant babies (yet if at all) so I think I'll just let my Sim not get their wish. Thanks for the info! I don't have a master gardener who might end up with that wish at some point and I'll keep this in mind.

Hold on there! If you click on "Tend Garden", you'll just get the Forbidden Fruit itself, which your sim can then eat and after .. I think 4 sim hours your sim will become a plantsim.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    All of my sims garden and at some point they all roll a wish to grow a forbidden fruit. I always cancel the wish! Since they are gardeners and not scientists it would take forever to get them to the point where they could splice seeds and the wish slot is better left for the hundreds of small wishes I could fulfill in that time. There are other gardening wishes worth way more LTH points which are worth locking in and, for me, the piddling amount you get from that wish is a waste of time.

I did try it once but only because I like to try most things at least once but, once done, decided it wasn't for me. The plant sim that resulted broke my heart because she was listed as the daughter of the sim who picked her but he wasn't interested in her like he was his real children and I had to force him to interact with her. Although he rolled no wishes for her, she rolled all the usual child wishes like "get attention from dad" - heart breaking! :heartbreak: My sims are mostly left to freewill and having to force the father to play with his child took the love out of it for me. :'(
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I got some forbidden fruit by accident when harvesting the garden at the Bachelor home in Sunset Valley. :)
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    All of my sims garden and at some point they all roll a wish to grow a forbidden fruit. I always cancel the wish! Since they are gardeners and not scientists it would take forever to get them to the point where they could splice seeds and the wish slot is better left for the hundreds of small wishes I could fulfill in that time. There are other gardening wishes worth way more LTH points which are worth locking in and, for me, the piddling amount you get from that wish is a waste of time.

That's really the conclusion I came to. It didn't even have super high points to it - not even 1000. I had wishes I could assign and complete immediately that had more. Ah well. I'll probably have a scientist someday and might get to experience that. It's incredible the details of this game and the amount of things to do and experience. I love reading the "things I didn't know" posts and that they keep popping up a decade later. Same with TS2. I'm surprised all the time. Can't say that about many games.
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2019
    If green happens to be your favorite colour plant sims are perfect! :)

A60Ct4p.jpg
  • Options
    That's really the conclusion I came to. It didn't even have super high points to it - not even 1000.
    Yep, I just got the wish at university for one of my sims, and I think it was 500 points. You don't grow a baby for those measly points. It's one of several ways to clone a sim in this game, just with a twist, but you may even get a twist with Clone Drone.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    You can just go for the badge and then well...there’s alwsys options. :evil:
    CBT%2B%25288%2529.png
    Yes, I know... I’m twisted. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    :# I really don't want to deal with plant babies (yet if at all) so I think I'll just let my Sim not get their wish. Thanks for the info! I do have a master gardener who might end up with that wish at some point and I'll keep this in mind.

^Don't blame you there @Rhiannon58 . First time I planted the "Forbidden Fruit" I had NO idea it would give me a plant baby (in all my years of playing the game since day one - you can tell I didn't have my sims do much gardening. :p ). And this particular sim was part of one of my stories and was not intended to have a baby, especially when he wasn't married yet and still single! :grimace: So after he pulled that plant baby up out of the ground I was like, :scream: "So THAT'S how plant sims come about in this game!" :lol:

I promptly exited the game without saving...I lost a bit of progress, but he couldn't have that plant baby and I didn't have the heart to "get rid of it" in any way. :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

I did try it once but only because I like to try most things at least once but, once done, decided it wasn't for me. The plant sim that resulted broke my heart because she was listed as the daughter of the sim who picked her but he wasn't interested in her like he was his real children and I had to force him to interact with her. Although he rolled no wishes for her, she rolled all the usual child wishes like "get attention from dad" - heart breaking! :heartbreak: My sims are mostly left to freewill and having to force the father to play with his child took the love out of it for me. :'(

Oh my gosh @Mikezumi that makes me want to cry just reading that! :cry:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill It really made me sad :'( and I won't ever do it again! That's not to say I wouldn't play a grown sim turned plant sim but no more babies because of the lack of parental love :(
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member

You don't need a high Science Skill to get a Forbidden Fruit Seed. I had gotten one, on the first try, once, at Skill Level 1 Science. Just need to be Science Skill 1 and just do the Seed splicing, until you get it.
  • Options
    @Aaeiyn Thanks for that information :) Still, I don't like the way the game treats plant sims and I don't like having the Science Research Station in my game anyway. Come to think of it, there's lots of stuff I deny my sims because they are not to my taste! :p