Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well, I've been playing for a little while. And I am kinda annoyed that students play musical beds....like A LOT...they will study on a bed beside me only to get up and go to the other bed and then another sim comes and sits down by me and the both of them do it OVER and OVER around me going from one bed to the other.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Well, I've been playing for a little while. And I am kinda annoyed that students play musical beds....like A LOT...they will study on a bed beside me only to get up and go to the other bed and then another sim comes and sits down by me and the both of them do it OVER and OVER around me going from one bed to the other.

Actually, little tip - check who is sleeping in which room then try and lock doors for everyone but them. It helps quite a bit :)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Actually, little tip - check who is sleeping in which room then try and lock doors for everyone but them. It helps quite a bit :)

Ah thanks I'll try this/
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well I got some survey money so I am spending it on it (don't worry didn't cost me a THING)...do surveys and get Gift card credit...And I will see for myself if it's worth it.

Of course it cost you. You've earned a gift card that you can spend on the item of your choice . Your choice is to purchase Discover University.

Geez, don't need to be rude, this comment was not necessary...
    I am JUST pointing out I didn't have to spend MY OWN hard earned money...geez.
    It's factual statement. Nothing rude I see about it, and you didn't add "hard earned money" before - so no, you didn't point that out lol.

NNpYlHF.jpg
    Well I got some survey money so I am spending it on it (don't worry didn't cost me a THING)...do surveys and get Gift card credit...And I will see for myself if it's worth it.

Of course it cost you. You've earned a gift card that you can spend on the item of your choice . Your choice is to purchase Discover University.

don't need to be rude
    It's factual statement. Nothing rude I see about it.

Well I kinda found it rude, so what if I got it? Even though I dislike the pack I am allowed to get it and have my own opinion. And I was just saying I didn't have to spend my own hard earned money and basically got it for free...that was all I was saying...I just found the comment unnecessary.
    edited November 2019
    Nobody was disputing your right to purchase a pack. Just the oxymoron wording in your comment. If you take it as rude, that's on you nor can or will I blame you on that (catching somebody's tone over a screen is impossible, so you're left assuming if there's bad/genuine connotation in a sentence). Although I'm starting to second debate if gift cards counts as costing when spending with it. Well, literally yes it does. Either way, great on you for saving your money, though that sorta still benefits EA at their end (not guilt tripping, but just adding that). I don't actually have much opinion of overall this expansion pack for strange reason. Just that I have yet notice anything new to the franchise it offers, things (often objects than features) could be done better, and.... yet

I'm starting to think that maybe devs should opt for doing Plumbots over Servos, since large customization&personification would been provided with this life state. Than again, I feel like their incompetent to get it right as usual. So I guess servos was wise choice in that perspective of the team's. Teleportion object (a.k.a elevator) in a dorm could been replace with stairs substituting their function, if they couldn't bother redesigning the dorm in sci-fi theme to accommodate its presents. Like why even use a game-play object that suppose to have animation but doesn't. Imagine if beds function like that, where your Sim freezes and energy motive refills oppose to them being animated to be lied on.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Nobody was disputing your right to purchase a pack. Just the oxymoron wording in your comment. If you take it as rude, that's on you nor can or will I blame you on that (catching somebody's tone over a screen is impossible, so you're left assuming if there's bad/genuine connotation in a sentence)

I'm sorry , I just found it odd my comment was singled out like that...forgive me for being defensive, but the same thing happened when ROM came out and I told everyone I got it with survey money, they proceeded to have a problem with it.......
    Sorry.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Nobody was disputing your right to purchase a pack. Just the oxymoron wording in your comment. If you take it as rude, that's on you nor can or will I blame you on that (catching somebody's tone over a screen is impossible, so you're left assuming if there's bad/genuine connotation in a sentence)

I'm sorry , I just found it odd my comment was singled out like that...forgive me for being defensive, but the same thing happened when ROM came out and I told everyone I got it with survey money, they proceeded to have a problem with it.......
    Sorry.

Honestly though, if I disliked a franchise that much, I would probably use my survey money for something I do like. Maybe that's the part people find a bit odd, but at the end of the day, you do you ;)
  • AenalaAenala Posts: 23 Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > The whole bills thing needs fixed or modded. Students living in University housing shouldn’t have bills. That’s not realistic at all, you pay a fee to move into the dorms and that’s it.

I live in a Foxbury dorm and haven't gotten any bills (it's my fourth term with this household).

Sorry.

Sorry.

It's okay. Happens to all of us. I can relate to that feeling :) Well hopefully you be able to find joy or something worth while in the pack :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg

Sorry.

Honestly though, if I disliked a franchise that much, I would probably use my survey money for something I do like. Maybe that's the part people find a bit odd, but at the end of the day, you do you ;)

Believe it or not I still have hope for this franchise. The Sims have been very precious to me...although I am NOT a fan of this forth installment, I still try and find a glimmer of what I used to love about it left in this pack...I know it may be weird but I've loved this series all my life...so...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    The whole bills thing needs fixed or modded. Students living in University housing shouldn’t have bills. That’s not realistic at all, you pay a fee to move into the dorms and that’s it.

We did in all the former Uni's too.

But this one didn't have costs until I added a stove and regular fridge - now I get rental apts cost - I think - it's real cheap but having a stove and regular fridge - no longer make my dorm a dorm - so to be expected.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited November 2019
    KayeStar wrote: »
    poplopflop wrote: »
    So because there were rabbitholes in sims 1,2,3... It's ok for sims 4 to have rabbitholes? I don't get that logic at all. The Sims 4 should be an improvement. Why should we have rabbitholes AND loading screens in 2019?
    The excuse "well it would have been boring to see them in class" ??? Why does it have to be boring? Art classes aren't boring(sculpting, ect) science class isn't boring (frog dissection, ect.) They could have made it fun and engaging if they tried, but no just rabbitholes... And some people are happy about it... In 2019...
    For starters, there are simmers who like rabbit holes...
    Feel like the accurate sentiment would be they like the architectural design of the rabbit holes. Not the rabbit hole itself (unless it's off-screen event, but even then it's determined how plausible and practical would been to open them up). Things like stores and cinemas should never be rabbit holes, which is why I think developers had initiave to slowly them up through various context (such as WA registers, premium content related to business entrepernueship, etc.) Stadium would have to be rabbit hole, due to impractical sheer amount of Sims one would realistically require (50 or more).

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    So because there were rabbitholes in sims 1,2,3... It's ok for sims 4 to have rabbitholes? I don't get that logic at all. The Sims 4 should be an improvement. Why should we have rabbitholes AND loading screens in 2019?
    The excuse "well it would have been boring to see them in class" ??? Why does it have to be boring? Art classes aren't boring(sculpting, ect) science class isn't boring (frog dissection, ect.) They could have made it fun and engaging if they tried, but no just rabbitholes... And some people are happy about it... In 2019...
    Feel like the accurate sentiment would be they like the architectural design of the rabbit holes. Not the rabbit hole itself (unless it's off-screen event, but even then it's determined how plausible and practical would been to open them up). Things like stores and cinemas should never be rabbit holes, which is why I think developers had initiave to slowly them up through various context (such as WA registers, premium content related to business entrepernueship, etc.) Stadium would have to be rabbit hole, due to impractical sheer amount of Sims one would realistically require (50 or more).

There are art classes outside. (By the way there was no Sims 1 University).

My Sim is in art and goes to the active art classes and does art. Sims 3 also had outdoor art classes. They were not rabbit hole then or now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    edited November 2019

I do apologize if my comment came across as rude. That was not my intent. I hope you find something you enjoy in DU. :)

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The whole bills thing needs fixed or modded. Students living in University housing shouldn’t have bills. That’s not realistic at all, you pay a fee to move into the dorms and that’s it.

We did in all the former Uni's too.

But this one didn't have costs until I added a stove and regular fridge - now I get rental apts cost - I think - it's real cheap but having a stove and regular fridge - no longer make my dorm a dorm - so to be expected.

I’m deleting both immediately lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Considering EA owns a sports division, I would rather like an open stadium with a minigame to play a sport...or even just to see a game happening. That would be awesome and a huge addition to the Sims.

I actually don't mind the rabbitholes, especially for work related tasks, but I like to use buildings for other reasons and most of the rabbitholes were too big for my tiny towns. So I settle for the rugs/doors and use the building for other Skilling features.
  • Vampgrl67Vampgrl67 Posts: 4 New Member
    My biggest compliant is after joining the Secret Society Sprites follow be around! I chose for my second degree to live off campus alone. The sprites will only be appeased by social interaction or the "become bothersome". If it is in the middle of the night when they become unhappy there is not much to do but wait it out. Can't seem to find how to get rid of them. I'm no longer in the Secret Society.

I do apologize if my comment came across as rude. That was not my intent. I hope you find something you enjoy in DU. :)

^-^ Oh okay nevermind then <3 Sorry my mistake.
  • 2fab4uboo2fab4uboo Posts: 47 Member

Sorry.

Believe it or not I still have hope for this franchise. The Sims have been very precious to me...although I am NOT a fan of this forth installment, I still try and find a glimmer of what I used to love about it left in this pack...I know it may be weird but I've loved this series all my life...so...

@KaeChan2089 Honestly I would have done the same thing you did. Use the money to get something that I wanted but didn't want to spend my hard earned money on. Makes perfect sense to me. :)
    2fab4uboo wrote: »

Sorry.

@KaeChan2089 Honestly I would have done the same thing you did. Use the money to get something that I wanted but didn't want to spend my hard earned money on. Makes perfect sense to me. :)

Thanks <3
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    my one complaint about university: No stoves in dorms. I feel like it's unnecessary micromanaging of how we play the game. If we don't want a stove we can delete it :(
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    Some annoying things that are really getting in my way:

1 - When my sim places things down such as homework, a bot, a streaming drone; the option to 'put in inventory' is greyed out and it says I don't own this item. But I do. It still lets me drag dragable items into the sim's inventory but that doesn't work for bots.

2 - I had two sims in one dorm but decided to split them up so I could spend more time with each of them. I moved one out and now it won't let me move him into any university housing because it says he needs to enroll in order to do that (and it won't let him move back with the first sim, still in a dorm). So now I gotta attend classes off campus until next term I guess?? Really annoying.

(also that thing where time progresses for all uni sims and you can't rotate between households also sucks)