Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Thoughts On Discover University?

I haven't bought it yet - how are y'all liking it?
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love the cas items. That's all I can say at this point. :D
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I love the cas items. That's all I can say at this point. :D

That's good! I usually wait for people like LGR to upload reviews before I buy something, but I'm so bored I kind of want to just go ahead and buy the thing. I just can't get myself to justify 40 bucks, yet lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I enjoy CAS and build/buy, but it is yet another piece of content for a life stage that has so much content already.

It is quite good, though.
    NoTalent wrote: »
    I enjoy CAS and build/buy, but it is yet another piece of content for a life stage that has so much content already.

Well, I am fairly active in the gallery, so having a nice CAS would be awesome. This is so hard. I want to really like it, but I know that I've been disappointed before
    O(≧▽≦)O

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

Well, I am fairly active in the gallery, so having a nice CAS would be awesome. This is so hard. I want to really like it, but I know that I've been disappointed before

I encourage you to watch some lets plays as they are all coming out now. May help you get a feel for it.

I encourage you to watch some lets plays as they are all coming out now. May help you get a feel for it.

I'll check them out!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its great. It gets confusing trying to juggle the classes and figure out where they are with their studies as there's no progress bar for anything. Other than wishing they'd included progress bars for studies, its a nice experience and I'm glad I bought it. Great CAS items, love the new professions and skills and there's secrets and mysteries to uncover (or so it seems at this point) Its a lot more interactive than I thought it would be with all the rabbit hole type actions. I don't miss the active classrooms at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Its great. It gets confusing trying to juggle the classes and figure out where they are with their studies as there's no progress bar for anything. Other than wishing they'd included progress bars for studies, its a nice experience and I'm glad I bought it. Great CAS items, love the new professions and skills and there's secrets and mysteries to uncover (or so it seems at this point) Its a lot more interactive than I thought it would be with all the rabbit hole type actions. I don't miss the active classrooms at all.

Thanks for the insight!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• CinnabonPillowCinnabonPillow Posts: 6 New Member
    I just bought DU and I can't get into game. CAS and the menu is fine but as soon as I try to enter gameplay my game crashes. I've tried restarting my computer, letting it cool off, etc. Nothing's working and I'm getting worried that I might just need to get a refund. (I have checked the system requirements and I meet them all.)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    got it for 27 bucks at target cause of that sale, so its way worth that money i spent. i had a lot of fun, graduated already cause i speed-ran it LOL. imma play another sim and take my time and really explore the organizations and stuff tho

love the cas, love the world, love the mechanics, love the bikes, overall i'd rather have spent $40 on this and the 27 on island living cause this one is well worth that money.
    I just bought DU and I can't get into game. CAS and the menu is fine but as soon as I try to enter gameplay my game crashes. I've tried restarting my computer, letting it cool off, etc. Nothing's working and I'm getting worried that I might just need to get a refund. (I have checked the system requirements and I meet them all.)

Yikes! I hope you can get it fixed or that you are able to get a full refund
    O(≧▽≦)O

edited November 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    got it for 27 bucks at target cause of that sale, so its way worth that money i spent. i had a lot of fun, graduated already cause i speed-ran it LOL. imma play another sim and take my time and really explore the organizations and stuff tho

love the cas, love the world, love the mechanics, love the bikes, overall i'd rather have spent $40 on this and the 27 on island living cause this one is well worth that money.

I was worried because I watched the guru stream and was very underwhelmed. Good to see that these comments seem to be positive!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Question for Discover University users, do the sims age in university?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

If aging is on, yes.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »

If you leave aging on, yes. The aging options are the same.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm enjoying it but the issues with aging and holidays are a concern.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm not a super picky player, so take this with a grain of salt... I played for roughly 6 hours and did not get bored. I played one sim straight through one degree with the goal of getting a certain job. While I've gotten the hang of classes and homework, I can tell I haven't scratched the surface of what the pack holds. I'm please with the pack. My only complaint so far is that I would have liked more lots in the new world for families, but I think that's always an issue.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, DU adds an extra (optional) layer to the game - more flavor for those who seek it out. I didn't need it or particularly wanted it, but it's always fun to mess around with new features and try out new CAS items. Also, I'm glad that not only young adults are able to attend uni, but adults as well. Haven't tested if elders can go. Has anybody tried that yet?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Bikes bikes bikes bikes!!! I would buy it just for that, that's how much I love them. I have my freelance photographer ride all around different places to take pictures lol.
    Hopefully kids can ride them oneday for family outings.
    Roommates! I always wanted NPCs in my house so that's a cool feature.
    Haven't played with anything else yet because I like to play slowly through new packs but I love it so far.

I plan on turning one of the commons Into a highschool and setting up an area for soccer, pingpong etc. Once I can finally get off the bikes😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh, all it takes to make me happy is nicely done animations. I don't get enough of those bike animations. No spinning, teleporting, appearing, disappearing, half done animations lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,285 Member
    Yesterday I had all kinds of bad luck. I had the entire day to myself with the expectation of playing university. But, first off I had a hard time downloading it. Inasmuch as I expected to see the progress of the download. Nothing showed. I tried again. Still nothing. I restarted my computer, and tried again. When all else failed I decided to click on play, instead. By now it was almost 10 AM. Lo, and behold, I got the notice it was in the process of downloading. I just had to click shift/F1 to see the progress. Rubbing my hands together in excitement, I waited for it to finish. I took a quick shower, got my breakfast and by the time I got back upstairs it was good to go.

However, it turns out your Sim must be YA at the youngest to get into uni. I had an inkling this might be the case, and at any rate I wanted my eldest two teens to go off together. I was also wishing to preserve their birth order at the same time. I had the second teen (my Rising Star) bake his older brother a chocolate cake. But, my Sims (I don't know about anyone else's Sims) have a peculiar tendency to place the cake off-center on whatever surface they place it on. I was unable to put candles on it. I sent him to do something else, lest he steal a piece, and went to center the cake myself. Unhappy with how far back on the counter it appeared, I did something incredibly unintelligent. Yeah, that's me. I tried to move it closer. Suddenly, it disappeared, but I noticed the dishwasher which sits in that cabinet was suddenly on. :open_mouth:

My Sim got notice he was accepted but despite learning how one is to go about registering, I found out he couldn't. I used MCCC to age him up and voila, he could register. I had to wait Sim days to see if he got in. By now it was lunch time for me. The long and the short of it is, I kept Aaron home so I could keep an eye on his recently widowed father and siblings. I didn't want to see grades drop and lessen their chances of going to uni themselves.

I'm very anxious to see what life is like on campus, though. Erik (the Rising Star) will live at the university. If I can, I may bring Aaron along, too. Life at home had his father disappointed by his 'cheating', which he never did! I don't know if this is a glitch, flaw or by design. Others have complained it happens.

So far, though, I was able to sort out how he was to do his homework. I did have him study, both subjects and then he did the homework. When I get a chance to play, next, we'll see how he does. I'm liking the notion that they only go for one week at a time. This may allow my young celebrity a chance to further his career, as he furthers his education.

Hope I didn't 'spoil' anything.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I ended up being able to bundle DU, ROM and MFPS (lol) so I went for it. The combo will keep me busy for a while. Any serious supernatural play will need a separate save, it just doesn't work for my main one. I'm actually thinking that with that distinction, I can keep Glimmerbrook as a small Celtic town in my main save and then I have more space.

I have a bunch of teens who are nearing aging to YA so it made sense. Currently I'm playing Bjorn Bjergsen's daughter by his second wife who looks a lot like a female Bjorn. Somehow I see her trying for law. I also have Greta Munch who is the daughter of Gunther Munch who is quite bookish and a few others. Not everyone will go but having that divider between the various teens adds more complexity and ways to change the trajectory for sims.

Eh, I think it will be fun. I'm also balancing it with other interests and ... life. It's a nice stress reliever.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I ended up buying the expansion!
    There are some things that I wish were changed, like progress bars when studying and such and an easier way to find food instead of waiting for it to "magically" appear.
    Overall, I find it pretty enjoyable!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I ended up buying the expansion!
    There are some things that I wish were changed, like progress bars when studying and such and an easier way to find food instead of waiting for it to "magically" appear.
    Overall, I find it pretty enjoyable!

I found food to be pretty easy to have considering your roommates tended to bring something home often (think it's a bug as they're bringing at least 3 to 5 meals a day.) And the stalls are useful when your sim wants a quick snack before heading off to your next class if you don't have enough time to head back to your dorm. :p

Your sims always have something to do in this pack for sure while trying to figure out a proper schedule.

Glad you bought it and finding it enjoyable! :3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Ugh I have all the stress I had IRL when I went to university -- too many things to do and never enough time...plus being chronically tired! lol

Jokes aside I am enjoying the pack. Just wish I knew a few things beforehand, like your sim moves out of the house. I also don't know why I had roommates to control -- if it isn't a bug that needed to be made clear.