Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate and Review Discover University!

Comments

• youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    Absolutely love it! One of the pack !
    ksimmies wrote: »
    Definitely a busy pack. Very impressed. It's a bit difficult to be honest. Haven't even been able to have a party or much club stuff yet and a term is over. Somehow my sim got an F in fitness lol!
    One thing I don't like is how obvious the shell buildings are. It just feels like you should be able to go to them.

I failed fitness to despite doing all the homework and having a decent term paper...might be a bug honestly.

• youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    Definitely a busy pack. Very impressed. It's a bit difficult to be honest. Haven't even been able to have a party or much club stuff yet and a term is over. Somehow my sim got an F in fitness lol!
    One thing I don't like is how obvious the shell buildings are. It just feels like you should be able to go to them.

I failed fitness to despite doing all the homework and having a decent term paper...might be a bug honestly.

• StarsAlign16StarsAlign16 Posts: 34 Member
    I have played with the pack now for a VERY long time – around 9 hours now – and I can happily say that I really love this EP.

For the longest time ever, I have wanted The Sims 4 to have a roommate system and I am so happy that it is finally a thing. I can see myself using this system all the time now. I am so glad it can be used outside of the University campus! I like that kind of expanding gameplay.

The CAS in this pack is AMAZING! I love how extensive and detailed it is, for both female and male sims. my favourite so far!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have played with the pack now for a VERY long time – around 9 hours now – and I can happily say that I really love this EP.

For the longest time ever, I have wanted The Sims 4 to have a roommate system and I am so happy that it is finally a thing. I can see myself using this system all the time now. I am so glad it can be used outside of the University campus! I like that kind of expanding gameplay.

The CAS in this pack is AMAZING! I love how extensive and detailed it is, for both female and male sims. my favourite so far!

Me too... I feel poorly today but this pack makes me feel so much better. I am having a great time - now that I'm finally getting how everything works etc and finally got my girl enrolled and on her way with skills and such. Best pack in ages!!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Did you study using the textbook?
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    It's a good pack.
    DU is really great and there's barely anything I could complain about (tho I'm easy to please with a pack :D ). I only picked it's a good pack because I mainly play legacy style and I have no idea how to include university gameplay to that without "cheating" or attending classes from at home (off campus).
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's a good pack.
    good but not as good as Sims 3 University
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m in between Absolutely Love It and It’s a Good pack...the food being left around in the dorms is a bit annoying. So annoying in fact that I had to dock half a star 😕
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am feeling disappointed in the pack.
    Randomly generated sims everywhere to 'populate' this world, as expected... I fail to find the 'I belong to this Uni' factor due to game design choices (which could have been prevented by giving the same distinguished degrees to both unis/or/ no rivalery), and also, no remarkable sim on either side. At this point, all I'm thinking is to finish my degree and go back to the 'real world' :(
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's a good pack.
    I've spent most of the day playing and I'm half way through my second term.

Things I don't enjoy:

There's actually only one thing, and perhaps this is more to do with the game overall rather than the expansion, but it becomes even more unbearable while I've been playing.

Every time my Sim visits their university commons (or any public lot) they simply cannot eat a full meal, read a book, complete homework or a term paper in peace because for some reason, every other non-played Sim that spawns on the lot has this incessant need to disturb to my Sim. They just will not leave her alone, even when I've cancelled the action.

When most university tasks take an unholy amount of time to complete, it really isn't helpful when non-played Sims just come along and distract my Sim when she's in the middle of something.

Oh no :( That sounds super frustrating.

Honestly it really is. It makes me want a toggle in the settings menu for randomly generated townies even more because it's usually those and not the pre-mades that annoy my Sim to death.

At first, I did think it could be to do with the lot traits that the university commons had, so I replaced them but it didn't really do much. It definitely is something to do with the game itself rather than the university expansion, but the more I play the pack the more I realize how bad it actually is. People IRL do not (or at least should not lol) behave in the same manner that these random townies do.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @PlanetSixam

I can see how annoying that is!! But it's not just a uni issue. It bothers me that townies have no life. Every where I go they just want to walk around chatting with my sim constantly and I have to keep canceling the action. I just want them to go about their own lives in the background while I do my thing. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    8 hours later

Why!!! I need it!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    It's a good pack.
    Having fun. I just wish we had less shell buildings + more lot space. I would love to make a student nightlife area.
    Also hope that they amend the stove restriction in dorms and also put a gag on the cafeteria staff.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's a good pack.
    @Babykittyjade

That's all I really want to do lol. I don't mind them being there in the background but I'd rather they didn't talk to my Sim out of the blue.

If only they would give us a setting to turn random townies on or off. I probably won't stop asking until they do lol. :D
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's a good pack.
    It's not too bad, there are just several small things that really annoy me. But I am pleasantly pleased which is kinda shocking for me. Just wish students didn't play musical beds, be stinky , hungry and tired all the time, and kinda wish food would appear earlier in the day...I HATE when my dorm does not have a mini fridge and microwave and I CAN'T even buy them because I am not allowed to edit or buy stuff for the dorm...:-: But other than that it's not too bad.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It's not too bad, there are just several small things that really annoy me. But I am pleasantly pleased which is kinda shocking for me. Just wish students didn't play musical beds, be stinky , hungry and tired all the time, and kinda wish food would appear earlier in the day...I HATE when my dorm does not have a mini fridge and microwave and I CAN'T even buy them because I am not allowed to edit or buy stuff for the dorm...:-: But other than that it's not too bad.

Bb.enablefreebuild is your friend.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member

You can buy a mini fridge and microwave from the kiosk in the commons area and drag it into your dorm from your inventory if you don't want to use the free build cheat.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I am really surprised, While I enjoy University in all the sims games, it has never been one of my favorite packs. I honestly believe they did a great job on this pack. I signed my sim up for e-sports as well as 3 classes the first term, I could barely keep up, I managed to get an A+, but I won't lie, I had to cheat her needs a lot. The challenge level is about right to me, I love that you can't just write the term paper and that is it, you have to edit it, and then edit it some more if you want the best grade, same with the presentations, nothing is a do it once and then your done kind of deal, it does add some challenge if you want your sim to be an over achiever. I also managed to be able to let her have a social life, but it really was more of a challenge than I have ever had in this game to date. I am starting to understand the people who keep saying they want more challenge in this game, I am having so much fun juggling all of this. Over all great pack.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't bought it myself as I'll be travelling next week, so I'll have it around the end of the month (in about ten days or so), but a colleague at work bought it yesterday and I had a chance to play it for a few hours at her house today. It is marvelous!!!
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    It's a good pack.
    I do think it's the right amount of challenge as well. I find taking two classes isn't bad and allows more of social life. So for a Sim I want to be social or multiple sims enrolled, I plan on only doing two classes for at least 1 or 2 semesters.
    Overall, I think the pack is realistic. I loved the idea of sims 3 uni, but I literally was only able to play it twice due to the bugs and my PC I guess. Sims 2 Uni is my favorite of all time, and this kind of reminds me of it but a bit better. So I can't complain since I can actually play it will it without many bugs or crashing.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It's way too early for me to be able to answer this but I think it is enhancing the game so far. I was honestly getting bored of just having sims age up to YA and go into jobs in the same ways as their parents. This makes more sense as a way to allocate jobs, knowing that some sims will still go straight into work. With the addition of simpler part-time jobs there is more differentiation between sim careers or lack thereof.

I went ahead with getting this pack whereas sometimes I wait. I was able to bundle it and it is helping the gameplay of teens to feel a bit less repetitive. I've just been playing a bit but I've jumped around a few households in order to figure out who I will send to university first. Currently I've been playing through a third daughter of Bjorn Bjergsen (he's long dead) named Estelle who is a B student. I switched over to her boyfriend, Dylan, who is closer to aging up. He's actually failing school which is rare because most students in my game tend to get solid As. Maybe it has gotten harder for teens or maybe Dylan is just a fluke. Anyway, I've had to turn aging off so he can get his grades up so that he'll hopefully scrape into Foxbury. I don't mind the challenge.

With the rotation, I'll be able to see how varied or replayable the pack is. I'm amazed by people who are already finishing university with a sim.

I definitely have more of a reason to work on skills for teens than prior to this. I used to kind of ignore them until they turned into YAs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not 100% sure yet if it's great or good but - I've been playing for so long & still feel there's much left to discover, so that's great. I played in a dorm first which was .. okay? I think next time I'll delete a couple of beds first, make it a tat less crowded. But they bring sooo much food, it's annoying. Playing off campus on my "home" lot / military base is a TON of fun though. I really think this pack adds a lot to other packs, which I'm very excited about. Will come back for a final rating, but I guess I'm hovering around a solid 8! :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just got it and started playing today! I love it! It’s more challenging that other packs, which is something I’ve wanted for awhile. My only two issues so far:

1) I love playing on “3” speed while Sims are busy. It seems like the other NPCs dormies slow down 3 and sleeping speed. So it’s kind of a wall-starer when my main Sim is sleeping.

2) it doesn’t display the progress you’re making on a term paper, so it’s hard to reckon how much longer is left til it’s completed.

Pro tip: you can put food that other roomies leave around the dorm into your mini fridge for leftovers. Just as they added a Lock Computer feature, they should add a Lock Fridge feature because other dormies will come in and take the food! There’s usually enough left to not have to travel to the caf or eat microwave food for every meal, though.

Side note: some people have commented that the class schedule is hard to follow. If you have Seasons, your classes appear on the calendar. That’s a way easier way to see what’s coming up next!

Minor things, really. But it’s heaps of fun! 😍
    Post edited by popstarsley on
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I wasn't expecting much of this pack because of precious packs but I was pleasantly surprised by what it came with. It's finally a real, proper expansion, one I actually didn't mind the price I paid. If this is what they'll be doing in the future it's definately a much brighter one, and I'll be playing a lot of Sims :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Blue_Barbie_SynnBlue_Barbie_Synn Posts: 1 New Member
    I am very pleased with this pack, it gives the right amount of challenge to keep my attention. Id say the only real downer is since buying it, my game has been glitchy. I am not sure though if it is the pack or the update, but I have a very well built gaming PC, so hoping with time they fix some issues.