Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight November 15th - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul, Simmers!

What a week! Discover University arrived for PC/Mac, as well as a big patch - and we also had a Maxis Monthly!

I'll start this Friday Highlight by asking the big question: is your Sim studying hard or focusing on the parties?

kz0dfv8m2mar.png
@LadyKyn's study group! Found here.
  • Let me open the list of discussions you should check out this week with aaaaall the pictures: 'Discover University - Share your screenshots!'. The title is pretty clear on what you will find there, isn't it? ;) Totally worth a visit!
  • Next, the mandatory thread to discover all the little secrets: 'A Discover University did you know thread', by @catloverplayer . Share a tip, find a ton more!
  • When you have spent some time in Britchester and you feel ready, @alan650111's poll is your next stop: 'Rate and review Discover University!' Share your opinion with the community! :)
  • Taking a look at the Creative Corner, you can discover new creators every day. Today, let me link you to 'Taoron's Build Showcase', by @Taoron of course, where a lot of houses are waiting to be added to your Gallery!
  • To close the list, allow me to do something I haven't done before: link a category! We have announced a 'Community Stuff Pack Project 2', and while the first vote hasn't even started yet, a small number of interesting discussions are waiting for you there already! :smiley:

Let me know what you think of the selection this week!

Anyone else planning on having a very happy Simming weekend?
-Mai

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @EA_Mai Thank you! I'm stunned, excited, humbled, thrilled...Thank you!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Thank you for posting the link to my thread.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Sul sul, Simmers!

What a week! Discover University arrived for PC/Mac, as well as a big patch - and we also had a Maxis Monthly!

I'll start this Friday Highlight by asking the big question: is your Sim studying hard or focusing on the parties?

kz0dfv8m2mar.png
    @LadyKyn's study group! Found here.
    • Let me open the list of discussions you should check out this week with aaaaall the pictures: 'Discover University - Share your screenshots!'. The title is pretty clear on what you will find there, isn't it? ;) Totally worth a visit!
    • Next, the mandatory thread to discover all the little secrets: 'A Discover University did you know thread', by @catloverplayer . Share a tip, find a ton more!
    • When you have spent some time in Britchester and you feel ready, @alan650111's poll is your next stop: 'Rate and review Discover University!' Share your opinion with the community! :)
    • Taking a look at the Creative Corner, you can discover new creators every day. Today, let me link you to 'Taoron's Build Showcase', by @Taoron of course, where a lot of houses are waiting to be added to your Gallery!
    • To close the list, allow me to do something I haven't done before: link a category! We have announced a 'Community Stuff Pack Project 2', and while the first vote hasn't even started yet, a small number of interesting discussions are waiting for you there already! :smiley:

Let me know what you think of the selection this week!

Anyone else planning on having a very happy Simming weekend?
    -Mai

Studying hard now that I finally got her in Uni. Had to do serious skill building first and earn her some money - and at last she is enrolled.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Thank you @luckyheather and thank you for being a constant source of inspiration, for creating a desire to learn and for being such a wonderful friend and supporter. ♥♥♥
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Congtrats everyone!!! I can't wait to settle in and send my latest Sim to college :D:D
  • SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    How are you getting into play your game? On the Sims community website there were hundreds who couldn't get into their game last night. I did not think I'd have so many problems. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to change my settings or something? I've deleted mods. I haven't downloaded my university yet, since it's not working.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    SimCher wrote: »
    How are you getting into play your game? On the Sims community website there were hundreds who couldn't get into their game last night. I did not think I'd have so many problems. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to change my settings or something? I've deleted mods. I haven't downloaded my university yet, since it's not working.

You might want to remove any CC you have too as they had a lot of fixes in the patch that may have broke build buy CC too. I Had no problem getting in last night and played with no problem. I do not us CC or mods - so perhaps that helped. I cannot say to be sure. But i went in and out of the game at least 3 times last night with no issues at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TastyO818TastyO818 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey,
    So my sim is in the education career. One of her daily tasks is to grade homework. It says it is in the teachers padfolio but where is that?
    There is no option to do it on the computer.
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    TastyO818 wrote: »
    Hey,
    So my sim is in the education career. One of her daily tasks is to grade homework. It says it is in the teachers padfolio but where is that?
    There is no option to do it on the computer.

I think I saw that in the buy books on the bookcases
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Working fine with newest MCC, waiting for other Fav mods to be updated
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Thanks for using my pic. :p

Early study group and this sim is just drinking offbrand soda. Breakfast of champions.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited November 2019
    Congratulations on being selected for Friday Highlights @Taoron @catloverplayer and everyone B)!

Awesome picks @EA_Mai B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

SimCher wrote: »

Yes...always remove everything from your Mods folder, before doing the updates or you will have all kinds of issues.
    Congratulations on being selected for Friday Highlights @Taoron @catloverplayer and everyone B)!

Awesome picks @EA_Mai B)!

Thank you @coolsim9999999 ♥♥♥
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    You're welcome @Taoron ♥♥♥!
    4kkjdXo.png

• OohdemollyOohdemolly Posts: 22 Member
    @EA_Mai you are ea-MAI-zing !