Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    So it turns out it's just my current active sim that reads with her books to the side of her and her other arm is straight out. I tested other sims after having no luck with cc and mods. So now, how do I fix her?
  • RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    CeCeStarrx wrote: »
    @xPurple_Simmerx Sorry. I think I might be wrong though and want to delete the comment, instead of that mod, it might be the Show/Search Sim Info Mod by itasan on modthesims.info as that is the only mod in my mods folder that I don't know if it's broken or not.

Show/Search Sim Info by Itasan2 is broken.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Roomouse wrote: »
    @xPurple_Simmerx Sorry. I think I might be wrong though and want to delete the comment, instead of that mod, it might be the Show/Search Sim Info Mod by itasan on modthesims.info as that is the only mod in my mods folder that I don't know if it's broken or not.

works fine in my game.
  • GumihorainxGumihorainx Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know a fix for the game crashing when in build mode and typing in the search bar? It seems to ALWAYS crash when I attempt to type something into the build mode search bar. The music will stop, the text I wrote will stop writing, the music then turns back on and off for about a second and then the game crashes to desktop. Anyone know anything about this? I have removed any broken mods that were listed here and also from the mod tracker website. I've also removed any script mods I had installed. I have repaired the game numerous times, but alas; it still crashes either when typing in the search bar or just randomly.
  • Butterfly0Butterfly0 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, if your game is crashing whenever you load a family, try removing your CC bookshelves!! I can finally play my game again.
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Thanks so much for this thread! Hope everyone is enjoying University!

Any update on Kijiko's Eyelashes? Anyone have them working fine or not working in their game? That's the only piece of CC I haven't put back in yet!
  • 2fab4uboo2fab4uboo Posts: 47 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    @Hoverael We can't talk about those mods here, named or not.

alright then, i won't come back to this part of the forum ever again. Sorry, what a rude response.

Actually you're the one being rude. @luthienrising was simply informing you of the forums rules and did so respectfully. She takes a lot of her own personal time to set this up for us so we can find out what mods/CC is working or not working, so instead of being ungrateful why not be thankful.
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2019
    Repo wrote: »
    UI Cheats has been updated.

great news ty
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Any update on Kijiko's Eyelashes? Anyone have them working fine or not working in their game? That's the only piece of CC I haven't put back in yet!

The most recent update I could find for them was in her Tumblr and that was July 5th 2019. I haven’t put them back in my game yet either, but someone posted on here that the accessory version seemed to be working fine, but again I don’t know for sure first hand.
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    edited November 2019
    @YankeesForever Family Reunion is broken! It has generated a LE every time I started the event, even when tested alone.

@SimsChick06 several mods have been doing this. Do the 50/50 method. It's the fastest, safest way to find the broken mod/CC.

One more thing: leroidetout posted on MCCC discord that packing crates is indeed broken (even though it was seemingly working when I tested it)

I'm almost done 50/50ing my mods. When I'm finished, I'll post all the mods that I've found broken.
    Post edited by Emmy_Sims on
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Krissy31 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Sims4Studio will be updated?

As always, orangemittens will inform the forum when the update is done.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Roomouse wrote: »

works fine in my game.

I'll check it again tomorrow. Maybe I dropped it in the wrong folder on my desktop when I was sorting out mods to definitely check because others reported issues.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    ktg wrote: »
    Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me

Hey! I'm having this issue too. Have you figured out what was wrong?
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    My mods have finally been updated.

Notes/more info & Links: https://www.patreon.com/posts/31547366

Updated:
    Stand Still in CAS (All-in-One & Occults Only)
    No Fade On Sims & Objects
    Xhallie Custom Wrench Icon Update
    No Social Motive Decay
    Unlimited Donations
    Ghosts Stay White (& new version)

Compatible:
    Stand Still in CAS (Shooksims Version)
    Everyone Can Suntan
    Removed Occult Plumbob Ring
    No Autonomous View Aquarium
    No Fade On Everything
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2019
    For everyone with the more than 200 slots CC issue, orangemittens has reported the issue here in this thread in hope that this slot restriction was unintentionally done and that EA/Maxis will fix this on their end.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968967/slot-mods-after-the-november-2019-patch/p1?new=1
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• GumihorainxGumihorainx Posts: 2 New Member
    Still having issues, now my game ALWAYS crashes when I start to type in the build mode search bar. No matter what, don't really know what to do. I've deleted any conflicting mods. Gonna try to just move my mods out and see if that's the issue. Anyone else having issues with crashes? I haven't even been able to play the university expansion pack because of this.
  • GeorginaSmith27GeorginaSmith27 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me... After the update my game crashes when trying to load a household, I've been through my mods and cc and have updated the mods that I could and removed the others, and removed all cc beds and showers... doing this has allowed me to access the majority of my households without crashing, however my game still crashes when trying to open one household (I have around 8 households in one save file).. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and has solved it or know of any other cc that might be causing this?????????????????
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Mods I've tested and are broken:
    • XML Injector V2 (and thus, every mod that needs it)
    • Sell food to local market (needs XML injector)
    • bienchen's Party Aspiration Fix (unsure, but probably broken. Had a house party with and without the mod, both with gold medal and having the host active by the end, and the "host party" goal wasn't fulfilled when this mod was active)
    • Packing crates (worked fine for me, but as I've said, leroidetout said it's broken)
    • SimsLover/Kiara's Family Reunion event. Tested it three times (one without any other mods except for MCCC and UI cheats, like every other test I made) and the game had a LastException every single time as I started the event. Now I realize I didn't test it without the "goaled event" option, though, and the LE seems to be related to it. Won't try it again now because it's very late and I'm tired :(
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    So it turns out it's just my current active sim that reads with her books to the side of her and her other arm is straight out. I tested other sims after having no luck with cc and mods. So now, how do I fix her?

Try removing any CC bookshelves you may have and clearing your cache files. https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Is the pose player after the update or no? I want to re-download it again the only thing missing from gameplay mods
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    Turns out it was my sims cc clothes that she was wearing that caused her to hold books to the side of her and for her arm to stretch out. It seems that some of my cc clothing is glitched since the update.

The eyelashes work fine for me. I use the glasses version.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    Mods I've tested and are broken:
    • bienchen's Party Aspiration Fix (unsure, but probably broken. Had a house party with and without the mod, both with gold medal and having the host active by the end, and the "host party" goal wasn't fulfilled when this mod was active)
    @Emmy_Sims: I've checked my Party Aspiration Fix and it is definately not broken. The xmls I altered have not been changed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

The most recent update I could find for them was in her Tumblr and that was July 5th 2019. I haven’t put them back in my game yet either, but someone posted on here that the accessory version seemed to be working fine, but again I don’t know for sure first hand.

The version of the eyelashes that takes up the glasses slot is working fine.