Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug Fixes and Updates Are Fab!

2...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    The way you worded your subject line brought me right back to the 1960s. I thought instantly of the Beatles with George Harrison saying something was gear or fab. LOL Haven't heard that term in so very long. I'm still experimenting with a newly updated mod I was just starting to play with. I'm not noticing any problems, but I'm also not really noticing what's changed, either. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with holidays disappearing since the patch.

Yeah, I had Prank Day due on the calendar but on the day it didn't happen.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've patched up earlier today and suddenly my toddlers are not getting the Top Notch Toddler trait, sims cannot write books and they are still drinking the plum water!

That's a shame about the new toddler issues.

Can confirm the water drinking is still happening but my sims weren't going after it so single-mindedly like they were. I still consider that a win.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    they still haven't fixed a good sim getting moodlet from sad from evilness for tucking their toddler into bed. waiting.... still waiting...... waiting .....
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2019
    once the expansion was in, the toddler issue isnt as bad. though still very hard. and their needs still plummet, but not as quickly. also the more they can learn in their skills the less it happens. so it's slowly but surely. another issue I do have just now, Error message when saving game, either to over write my earlier game today after Uni installed. or a fresh Just save, same rror message.
    Error message reads, Error 510.5bd7FaOb.6bbFe1d

I am uninstalling everything and reinstalling again.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims are still eating spoiled food without a mod to stop it. :s
    once the expansion was in, the toddler issue isnt as bad. though still very hard. and their needs still plummet, but not as quickly. also the more they can learn in their skills the less it happens. so it's slowly but surely. another issue I do have just now, Error message when saving game, either to over write my earlier game today after Uni installed. or a fresh Just save, same rror message.

Yikes, you should take this over to EA Help. When you get it sorted out, don't forget to back up your Save Games.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Mine have done this since I started playing, I just thought it was normal and that I had to watch them because they were a little thick. lol
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

Mine have done this since I started playing, I just thought it was normal and that I had to watch them because they were a little thick. lol

It seems to be something that started with the Island Living patch in my game. LittleMsSam has a mod to fix it in her random bug fixes.
    Catzilla wrote: »

Yikes, you should take this over to EA Help. When you get it sorted out, don't forget to back up your Save Games.

If I'm still having problems after its all installed I will do. this has taken a few hours to install.
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Can anyone see the new survey for the community stuff pack on their main menu.
    Tan80 wrote: »
    Can anyone see the new survey for the community stuff pack on their main menu.

The survey goes live Monday the 18th, I believe.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @feetinstockings Does this happen when you click on the Sim's bed or on the icon beside the energy bar? Whenever I don't click on the beds my Sims, toddler up to elder, will head for the closest bed or sofa then nap rather than go to bed and sleep. This happens only when sending Sims to bed by clicking on the icon rather than their own bed. The sleep/nap thing has been going on in my game for quite a while now.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Since Seasons was released for Sims2 the one thing the teams have never been able to fix completely is the problem of Sims knowing to change out of winter wear into everyday clothing once they are back in the house. And I have needed a mod in order to fix it. Three iterations, and three mods to fix the same problem. I think I see a pattern here. :D
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited November 2019
    Really happy with this patch. Keep them coming :)

Me too. I think this is one of the best patches they have released, and this is just not for bug fixes but performance as well. Most of the camera stuttering I have experienced is gone when playing in non-pause mode.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    @happyopi unfortunately Legacy players didn't even get this patch... I've got Legacy edition and I haven't found any of the new content. No outfits, no UI slider, no column slider. I'm so bummed. I waited for 3 years for the devs to fix the blonde kids eyebrow issue. :/
    Koteyka wrote: »
    @happyopi unfortunately Legacy players didn't even get this patch... I've got Legacy edition and I haven't found any of the new content. No outfits, no UI slider, no column slider. I'm so bummed. I waited for 3 years for the devs to fix the blonde kids eyebrow issue. :/

That's' one of the hardest parts about getting caught in a planned obsolescence before you're ready or able to upgrade hardware or software. :(
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @feetinstockings Does this happen when you click on the Sim's bed or on the icon beside the energy bar? Whenever I don't click on the beds my Sims, toddler up to elder, will head for the closest bed or sofa then nap rather than go to bed and sleep. This happens only when sending Sims to bed by clicking on the icon rather than their own bed. The sleep/nap thing has been going on in my game for quite a while now.

only when clicking on the icon for energy, if I click on the bed and select sleep, they sleep.
    I have noticed the adults and teens are very quick to pick up a crying toddler. then put them down again without actually doing anything, just pick up and put down, and someone else will be waiting to do the same thing. I have to keep everyone busy.
    I reinstalled all my Sims 4 games add on and stuff packs and EP. it took over four hours, I went to bed and stopped my PC from shutting down for 6 hours. 4 hours later it was still downlaoding. but it is playing a lot better, I also got rid of all my saved files.
    I reinstalled all my Sims 4 games add on and stuff packs and EP. it took over four hours, I went to bed and stopped my PC from shutting down for 6 hours. 4 hours later it was still downlaoding. but it is playing a lot better, I also got rid of all my saved files.

I hope that fixes the game for you. Sorry about your saved files but rebuilding can be fun too.