Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Find the matching uni and major for your career!

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I think the distinguished degrees are advanced degrees.

As for how majors line up with jobs:

Law -- economics, psychology, villainy, language and literature, history, communications
    Engineering -- computer science, biology, physics
    Teaching -- all 13

Explain that to me? If I take Psychology and Lit I can be a lawyer?

I can introduce you to several real-life English majors who went on to law school. And I'm sure there are a few people who got degrees in psychology in law school, too. There's no undergraduate degree in law that I know of.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Law -- economics, psychology, villainy, language and literature, history, communications
    Teaching -- all 13

I can introduce you to several real-life English majors who went on to law school. And I'm sure there are a few people who got degrees in psychology in law school, too. There's no undergraduate degree in law that I know of.

Back in my undergrad university, we had a legal management major, but most law schools where I'm from usually just require a certain number of philosophy units. So philosophy majors could also enroll.

Some of my computer science friends also went on to law school, since our school's GE required 12 units of philosophy :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly TS2 had eleven majors and TS3 had six.
    TS4 seems to have 13 majors. That would be the MOST majors in the whole iteration!

Well ... if they're all rabbit holes, that's not exactly hard to do :joy:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like to see politics which would go along with debating and law. I could probably mention others but I've got to run. I hope they can patch politics in.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • pinkparkapinkparka Posts: 45 Member

Teaching -- all 13

As someone currently in real life law school, you could study basket weaving and become a lawyer if you have the grades, recommendations and can pass the LSAT 😂

tumblr_o9fscfKSXN1s3wumuo1_540.gif
    "But these aren’t just stories. They’re whole kingdoms. They’re worlds. They’re perspectives and opinions you can’t offer, from lives you haven’t lived.” -Melissa de la Cruz
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I was hoping for an actual music degree. I'm guessing the fine arts degree will focus more on painting.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Teaching -- all 13

In real life, most lawyers get their undergraduate degrees in other subjects. I don't know of any prestigious school (in the US) that even has a "law" bachelor's degree. I was an English major, for example, which is really common for lawyers, and a pretty high percentage of the other lawyers I know were history majors... economics and journalism/communications are also not uncommon. But really you could major in absolutely anything and go to law school, as long as your grades and LSAT scores are high enough.

Now, I'm sure the Sims 4 isn't going to have a law school any more than they have med school. It will probably be a lot like the sims medical career track, which is not the most common real-life track (orderly to nurse to doctor... not saying this never happens in real life, just not what everyone does). Similarly, the Sims 4 law career progression will probably be something like legal secretary to paralegal to law student to associate to partner.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I would like to see politics which would go along with debating and law. I could probably mention others but I've got to run. I hope they can patch politics in.

Oh, yes, poli sci would have been a great addition!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'm more interesting in learning how a degree will affect on a future career that what subjects and majors there are. It'll all connect, of course, but the career effect will decide whether I get this pack or not. Basically, I'd be happy if a sim needs a Uni graduation to climb above level 5 in any career. With education available, a grad should get more benefits than getting say a jump start at level 3. It doesn't take that long to get to level 3 from basic promotions only. And I want there to be differences higher up :)

Unfortunately a few of the careers are more like a group of random jobs, such as the Astronaut, and they should of course not change existing career ladders.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited November 2019
    Here is what I found out about degrees and careers (I'll add it to the OP as well):

Mayor: Language and Literature -> Careers: Author, Freelance writer, Private Attorney

Mayor: Biology -> Careers: Bodybuilder

Mayor: Computer Science -> Careers: Computer Engineer, Freelance Programmer, Oracle, Start-up Entrepreneur

Mayor: Economics -> Careers: Administrator, Investor

Mayor: History -> Careers: Judge

Mayor: Physics -> Careers: Mechanical Engineer, Space Ranger

Mayor Psychology -> Careers: Diamond Agent, Professor

Mayor: Villany -> Careers: Boss, Interstellar Smuggler, Villain
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Doctors should have medicinal degree, that's missing!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited November 2019
    Here is what I found out about degrees and careers (I'll add it to the OP as well):

Mayor: Language and Literature -> Careers: Author, Freelance writer, Private Attorney

Mayor: Computer Science -> Careers: Computer Engineer, Freelance Programmer, Oracle, Start-up Entrepreneur

Thanks!

I wish they had used the same career names as in the game, when finding a job... Some are a tad confusing, but maybe there is a popup text when pointing in game.

Is Administrator one of the top levels in Business? (thought it was Management" in the career but it might have changed)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Thanks!

I wish they had used the same career names as in the game, when finding a job... Some are a tad confusing, but maybe there is a popup text when pointing in game.

Is Administrator one of the top levels in Business? (thought it was Management" in the career but it might have changed)
    Administrator is a branch of the new Educational career :)
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    Doctors should have medicinal degree, that's missing!

I would imagine, since I believe this list came from the Game Changers from Sims Camp, that they didn't have the other packs installed? So I'd think this list will probably have more on it when the GC get their copies tomorrow?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    How can biology cover body building, but not a doctors career? What about GTW??
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Someone had posted about the doctor one, I think it’s under biology or physics.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited November 2019
    I haven't found mixologist, professional athlete, and e-sport gamer branches in this list...
    Peppermix wrote: »
    How can biology cover body building, but not a doctors career? What about GTW??

It doesn't show expansion packs' careers. However, I have seen one video with all expansion packs installed showing, that biology also helps in doctor, botanist, and marine biologist careers. I remember it being from James...
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    so which covers the other careers that arent rabbit holes in sims 4? ie gardener,social media,vet, the sulani ones etc?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Wait boybuilder biology...?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Wait boybuilder biology...?

Biology does cover anatomy and human biology, both of which would be important to study for a bodybuilder ;)
    @Erja888 Do mind fixing the spelling of the title and first post? Its supposed to be Major* not mayor right? It’s kind of confusing...

@Erja888 Do mind fixing the spelling of the title and first post? Its supposed to be Major* not mayor right? It’s kind of confusing...

Thanks. Done.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Thanks. Done.

Thank you! 💙

OP has been updated with the latest info by game changers with early access.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2019
    The only career branches I've not seen a major for (here and carls guide) is Mixologist(Culinary), Photographer(Freelance), Pro Athlete(Athletic), and Esports Gamer(Tech Guru).