Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate and Review Discover University!

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
It's officially out! What do you rate the new expansion pack? Give a review too explaining your rating. :)

EDIT: Note that the option 1 should say "One of the BEST packs!" Any way to fix it?

Rate and Review Discover University! 131 votes

Absolutely love it! One of the pack !
60%
Freckles1971bshag4lvDerellaKita5399Sara1010Palan650111IceyJaprilroselove7680youilivefor92rudolphaSpikefan74PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettSimpatsyannWritin_RegMeteoraStormkirahSageRainWillowsimgirl1010 79 votes
It's a good pack.
25%
brackencat31kippy300aelias24rtuckerStellaInterpolAlrynnSavorySageJesskiCeres_MeirionashygirlloubyloulouksimmiesKaeChan2089MirichataydevDaemonPawsNotSoLuckyalexis3142doogerieLishacake 34 votes
I find it average and mediocre pack
8%
auroraael14julienrob2004Madstarletmcorralmjalletlovejess2fiercephoenix91jachukwu2011Simtown15Yubelltachy0nic 11 votes
I am feeling disappointed in the pack.
4%
DijktafoneTenchi2abecks1112bizuktagKirbsterEvie0602 6 votes
It is absolutely terrible! One of the worst!
0%
SiliClone 1 vote

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I really love it! I like the CAS content, I like the world design, I like Becca!, I like the building content, and I like the music and much more. I think this is one of the best expansions IMO.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am very impressed with this pack. Well done!
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Now this is a pack I can get into. Well done everyone. B)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Here’s my mini review: After playing the pack for about 7 hours I have to say it’s a pack that keeps you busy. Normally when I play sims the days in game are long and slow. This pack makes the days go by quick and keeps you on your feet. One day your sim will be relaxing hanging out with roommates then for the next couple of days trying to rush to get to classes and juggle class work while barley eating and showering. The bikes in this pack are very useful. At first I forgot all about the bikes and I found when my sim was running to class or to other places on campus it would take up a lot of time. Your going to be yelling at your sim a lot “hurry up your late for class!” wishing there was a faster way to get there. Then you realize that there is a bike and you never leave without it again.
    Roommates have there own personality. Some like to get your sim mad all the time and throw snow at them others like to invite there boyfriend or girlfriend over and throw party’s. The one thing I have to say I like about the roommates is they have there own life. They go to class and leave the lots from time to time doing there own thing.
    Something I don’t like is the lock door feature.
    It doesn’t seem to work very well and for some reason sims don’t like to do homework in there room on there desk they tend to go where other sims are.
    If you have seasons installed holidays will happen when your in uni. It’s very hard to have winter fest and manage your school life.

Overall good pack but it does have its flaws.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My opinion is its meh. I am not a big fan have any EP in the sims with University.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    It's a good pack.
    Definitely a busy pack. Very impressed. It's a bit difficult to be honest. Haven't even been able to have a party or much club stuff yet and a term is over. Somehow my sim got an F in fitness lol!
    One thing I don't like is how obvious the shell buildings are. It just feels like you should be able to go to them.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited November 2019
    ksimmies wrote: »
    Definitely a busy pack. Very impressed. It's a bit difficult to be honest. Haven't even been able to have a party or much club stuff yet and a term is over. Somehow my sim got an F in fitness lol!
    One thing I don't like is how obvious the shell buildings are. It just feels like you should be able to go to them.
    @ksimmies
    You were able to play an ENTIRE term already?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve played through 1 term (1 sim, 3 classes, it was not easy but he got an A+) and I can already say there’s a lot of gameplay here. A lot more than Island Living had for me. I am not ready to vote but I think my vote will be that it’s a good pack, an excellent pack. Nothing will top Seasons for me, so that’s quite an achievement.

I had my doubts but they were wrong. I asked Maxis to bring it, and it was definitely brought. 👍
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2019
    Didn't see an option for it being good, but could definitely use a little bit more work. Definitely one of the better expansion packs which I favor over C&D and Island Living.

I've been wanting a roommate system for a long time and see myself using this really often having a sim I can't control in anyway and just letting them do their own thing. Even bringing friends over or their girlfriend/boyfriend over along with throwing a random party to bringing food home. And I'm glad it can be used outside of just a University campus as I like that kind of expanding gameplay. :)

University life definitely keeps your sims on a set schedule all the time, especially when you have 4 classes. Found my sim being tired inbetween or having to go to the bathroom and being really hungry. The weekend really offered some relief in getting caught up on presentations and homework. Really gotta plan things out. My sim only went home briefly just for a bathroom break and a quick meal (a cookie her roommate brought home) and brought with her to the next class.

Couple of things that need to be tweaked and fixed. Going to the job panel is a bit messy and the first class isn't always the next one since you gotta scroll. Wish it'd tell me what class is next when I hover over the icon in the UI panel rather than how much longer til my next class. My sim actually failed a class as I neglected to get a term paper submitted before the final surprisingly enough and it did offer some difficulty.

Roommates be bringing 'way' too much food home ritzy ones at that. I expected pizza for the most part or cheaper foods. Not lobster thermador. Makes me wish for actual take out like Sims 2. I can only assume it's a bug that roommates aren't suppose to bring that much food to the dorm. Makes going to the commons or a stall pretty useless. My sim was REALLY packing on the weight. :#

CAS has blown me out of the water with how extensive and detailed it is. More so than build/buy for this pack for sure.

Now that my sim graduated I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment before going into a career of hers and the experiences she had in University, plus friends she made. (Minus the ones that might have died there.)
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    **i love the cas, it's amazing. 🧡
    i haven't tried the gameplay yet, i'm waiting til the next gen of my legacy.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    It's a good pack.
    I like it, it’s harder than I thought it would be. I thought it would too easy like the magic pack so I signed my sim up for 4 classes and she joined the soccer team, debate team and spirit cheer club thingy. I could nt keep up with everything and failed, which I m thrilled about, it’s nice for sims 4 to be a little harder for once.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I like it, it’s harder than I thought it would be. I thought it would too easy like the magic pack so I signed my sim up for 4 classes and she joined the soccer team, debate team and spirit cheer club thingy. I could nt keep up with everything and failed, which I m thrilled about, it’s nice for sims 4 to be a little harder for once.

I agree. I have a set of triplets in college on first run and it's insane!! Love the challenge though.
    That made me laugh that she took a lot of classes and was involved in the school but she failed. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    I havent gotten it yet 😭
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's a good pack.
    troshalom wrote: »
    ksimmies wrote: »
    @ksimmies
    You were able to play an ENTIRE term already?

When I wrote that I had finished the first semester I meant. But now he's almost done with only two classes left...I've been playing for hours 😂. He finally did better during the last one. You have to really pay attention to the schedules because you have to make sure you finish and send in term papers and presentations before the semester ends. I thought I had more time than I did. I didn't get a chance to make him party a lot, it's not really his character. But the keg is cool. He joined debate club which was really cool. Debate club can be considered extra credit once youre in it for awhile. I'm excited to see the other clubs with other sims. He's getting a degree in psychology. He started dating Angela, didn't realize it was Angela Pleasant until awhile into it 😂.
    The dorm got very dirty and disgusting and food everywhere.
    It kind of goes fast because there's so much stuff you can do and need to do. I wanted my sim to get more fitness while there but not much time to do it.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'll rate it when I have played more. I have only just got my Sim into uni. :smiley:

LOL to be fair that is a lot to take on. When I was at uni I had three classes per semester and I wasn't in any clubs and I still found it a struggle to keep on top of studies :smiley:

giphy.gif
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    2 hours later

I still haven't tried it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's a good pack.
    I've spent most of the day playing and I'm half way through my second term.

Things that I enjoy:
    • The challenge - I was pleasantly surprised by this, as I did wonder whether it would be frustrating rather than fun but it feels pretty well balanced. So far, I'm taking three classes and no elective class and that suits me just fine without it being too easy.
    • Degree choice - There's a lot to choose from and I really like that. My Sim is currently studying Biology as I want her to have a career in athletics but I might try out another degree because the lawyer career interests me a lot.
    • CAS & Build/Buy Mode - I already knew that I would love the new CAS items, and my Sim is already wearing a lot of it lol, no complaints here. It's the same for Build/Buy, there's a lot of nice stuff that could easily be used in other builds. I appreciate the basic and minimalist IKEA style furniture and would love to see more furniture like this in future packs.
    • Housing options - The selection of housing options is also great, and it's even better that you can change your living arrangements at the end of term if you really want to. My Sim lived in a dorm for the first term but now attends university from home.
    • Organisations - I've only managed to attend one of these so far (busy schedule and all that jazz) which was the Spirit Corps Bar Night. Needless to say, watching Larry and my Sim try to do a keg stand is the one of the best things I've ever seen.

Things I don't enjoy:

There's actually only one thing, and perhaps this is more to do with the game overall rather than the expansion, but it becomes even more unbearable while I've been playing.

Every time my Sim visits their university commons (or any public lot) they simply cannot eat a full meal, read a book, complete homework or a term paper in peace because for some reason, every other non-played Sim that spawns on the lot has this incessant need to disturb to my Sim. They just will not leave her alone, even when I've cancelled the action.

When most university tasks take an unholy amount of time to complete, it really isn't helpful when non-played Sims just come along and distract my Sim when she's in the middle of something.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • kirahkirah Posts: 62 Member
    My favourite EP so far! Everything I was planning to write was already said so not much more to add.

It’s fun, full of content, keeps you on your toes and has high playability in future since we can be at our household and still go to college.
    it has some bugs but hopefully will be sorted soon.

1st time in a long time I’m not bored with slow or repetitive gameplay.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I’ve played through 1 term (1 sim, 3 classes, it was not easy but he got an A+) and I can already say there’s a lot of gameplay here. A lot more than Island Living had for me. I am not ready to vote but I think my vote will be that it’s a good pack, an excellent pack. Nothing will top Seasons for me, so that’s quite an achievement.

I had my doubts but they were wrong. I asked Maxis to bring it, and it was definitely brought. 👍

Thank you for your opinion. I enjoy reading fellow simmers reviews before I purchase as $50 NZ is a lot of money. I have yet to buy it as there was much negativity before its release concerning RHs and a lack of gameplay. That your review is positive is nice :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    To be honest I haven't done anything with the university yet besides explore it because it doesn't yet fit into my story. But I give it a 10 for bikes alone. I've been playing with them all day they are so much fun and I'm so impressed with the animation!! 🤭🤭🤭 a big upgrade from that disappointing broom flying.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    I've spent most of the day playing and I'm half way through my second term.

Things I don't enjoy:

There's actually only one thing, and perhaps this is more to do with the game overall rather than the expansion, but it becomes even more unbearable while I've been playing.

Every time my Sim visits their university commons (or any public lot) they simply cannot eat a full meal, read a book, complete homework or a term paper in peace because for some reason, every other non-played Sim that spawns on the lot has this incessant need to disturb to my Sim. They just will not leave her alone, even when I've cancelled the action.

When most university tasks take an unholy amount of time to complete, it really isn't helpful when non-played Sims just come along and distract my Sim when she's in the middle of something.

Oh no :( That sounds super frustrating.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can you get multiple degrees?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can you get multiple degrees?
    Not sure I will tell you if my sim doesn't fail her first semester :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »