Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU: How to write a paper??

JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
Hi people,

Can anyone, who already has done it, explain to me how do I let my Sims write a term paper? It says I can do so on the computer, but I don't see the option ANYwhere.
Can someone help me?

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Go to the University option on your sims computer.

Then go to University coursework and then you can go to term paper among the other options is cheating and studying.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Writing term paper but can’t see how progressing on it is this a bug.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »

I think you can tell by the progress bubble above your head. It's confusing because it usually indicates a skill.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Look in the class section, it should say just starting 25-75% then completed
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    Based on my experience with this I can say that the skill bar corresponds with the skill, and there is no progress listed in the class details (it says Submit Term Paper! With no progress percentage shown. It shows percent complete for homework) You’ll know when it’s done because you get a notification.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Then go to University coursework and then you can go to term paper among the other options is cheating and studying.

This worked thank you! I had a mod that was conflicting, so I couldn't see the 'University..' option.
  • LyndistyLyndisty Posts: 3 New Member
    Also related: Has anyone figured out how to do a presentation yet?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Lyndisty wrote: »
    Also related: Has anyone figured out how to do a presentation yet?
    Yes, first you work on the presentation board that you find in your inventory. Then you can improve it (the notification tells you when it’s as good as it gets). Then you click on your classroom building during the day (I think between 8am - 4:30 or so) and present it. It takes an hour to present. Do this before your term ends. My term ended at 6pm.
  • LyndistyLyndisty Posts: 3 New Member
    > @babajayne said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes, first you work on the presentation board that you find in your inventory. Then you can improve it (the notification tells you when it’s as good as it gets). Then you click on your classroom building during the day (I think between 8am - 4:30 or so) and present it. It takes an hour to present. Do this before your term ends. My term ended at 6pm.

Thanks! For some reason, the board for my first presentation bugged out and never worked. The other two I've had since have worked like a charm. Not sure what happened with that first one...
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    how do you do term paper if you are in dorms and do not have a computer
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    how do you do term paper if you are in dorms and do not have a computer

If there isn't a computer anywhere in the dorms (I think the prebuilt ones have one), then your best chance is to find a library with a computer or see if there's one in the Commons. Not sure if the Britechester one has a computer but some of the ones in other worlds do (or you can just add one to a community lot.
  • mm121_mm121_ Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Jean;c-17314397"][quote="LadyKyn;c-17313563"]Go to the University option on your sims computer.

Then go to University coursework and then you can go to term paper among the other options is cheating and studying.[/quote]

This worked thank you! I had a mod that was conflicting, so I couldn't see the 'University..' option.[/quote]

Do you know which Mod it was?
  • ViddeVidde Posts: 4 New Member
    > @mm121_ said:
    > [quote="Jean;c-17314397"][quote="LadyKyn;c-17313563"]Go to the University option on your sims computer.
    >
    > Then go to University coursework and then you can go to term paper among the other options is cheating and studying.[/quote]
    >
    > This worked thank you! I had a mod that was conflicting, so I couldn't see the 'University..' option.[/quote]
    >
    > Do you know which Mod it was?

I also want to know as I too do not have the University option!
  • LozzieroseLozzierose Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same problem, please could I know too? [quote="Vidde;c-17316126"]> @mm121_ said:
    > [quote="Jean;c-17314397"][quote="LadyKyn;c-17313563"]Go to the University option on your sims computer.
    >
    > Then go to University coursework and then you can go to term paper among the other options is cheating and studying.[/quote]
    >
    > This worked thank you! I had a mod that was conflicting, so I couldn't see the 'University..' option.[/quote]
    >

I also want to know as I too do not have the University option![/quote]
  • Amore345Amore345 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Lozzierose;c-17316977"]I’m having the same problem, please could I know too? [quote="Vidde;c-17316126"]> @mm121_ said:
    >
    >
    >

I also want to know as I too do not have the University option![/quote][/quote]

Personally I had this issue and it was due to the Little Miss Sam’s personal objects mod. As soon as I removed it University was available. I have MCCC and UI Cheats (the most recent updates) and neither conflict, in case anyone was wondering!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @lauriej0823 if you’ve got the Simoleons you can buy a laptop at that little University Info shed.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member

@Tan80: you'll get a message saying that your sim completed a draft of the paper. Then just go back to "university coursework", select "term paper" & then choose "edit term paper." This will have your sim get the paper to an outstanding status & you can then submit it.
    mm121_ wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »

This worked thank you! I had a mod that was conflicting, so I couldn't see the 'University..' option.

Do you know which Mod it was?

I believe it was a mod from Little Ms Sam, called "Personal Objects". It made the PC also a personal object, and with the patch/pack from DU, there was, of course, also an option added for that. I think it clashed.
  • AthenaGrkGoddessAthenaGrkGoddess Posts: 6 New Member
    Anyone else having the issue with getting the gold check for turning in the presentation and the term paper? I haven't finished the term yet but my sim completed the term paper and gave his presentation but for some reason, he didn't get credit in the career tab for completing them. They still come up unchecked as if he didn't do them.
  • LennyCloverLennyClover Posts: 1 New Member
    > @AthenaGrkGoddess said:
    > Anyone else having the issue with getting the gold check for turning in the presentation and the term paper? I haven't finished the term yet but my sim completed the term paper and gave his presentation but for some reason, he didn't get credit in the career tab for completing them. They still come up unchecked as if he didn't do them.

Same thing happened to one sim, others didn't have any issues. Same sim lost options to "capture information", "write and publish research paper".
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    @lauriej0823 if you’ve got the Simoleons you can buy a laptop at that little University Info shed.

really i did not see that option available i will have to go check
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Also it you point your mouse over the “edit term paper” option it can tell you the quality of you paper.
    Starfree wrote: »

@Tan80: you'll get a message saying that your sim completed a draft of the paper. Then just go back to "university coursework", select "term paper" & then choose "edit term paper." This will have your sim get the paper to an outstanding status & you can then submit it.

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Oooh, I like that there is a cheating option. Have you used it?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sorry for the necro, but I seem to have picked up a small bug where I can't even edit the term papers, the only options are to submit them. Any ideas?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Maybe it's been written good enough already? Also, check your mods. I had a mod that overwrote the original coding from EA.