March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Voted Stuff Pack - Let's do this again!

Comments

• alyssadawn101alyssadawn101 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm totally voting for the happy haunts! I think it would be soooooo stinking fun to have in the game. I'm already thinking about stuff I can do with it. I'm head over hills for the realm of magic pack, so I think that would just add a lot too it. And the grim reaper career. Who wouldn't wanna play as the grim reaper?! I know that's something I've always dreamed of doing.
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Gah all are awesome! I wish they'd combine all and call it like a random hobbies and such! Or release the other ones too!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hello All!
    I've already commented but I was so excited about the Happy Haunts pack idea that i was thinking about what it might feature. For instance, some people are asking about the fact we already have a "haunted" lot trait and I was hoping thinking that maybe the new one could be a lot where instead of some nondescript ghost it will be "catchable" baddie ghosts and in GTW in the science career they have these very ghostbuster-esque outfits that could be refurbished into actual ghost catching outfits (for the career) and with Repo People coming with DA there would probably be some animatimation for sucking furniture and what-not similar to other sims games..that could be the animation for plum ghosts, lol. It could be a fun way to maybe, get rid of Rando-Townie ghosts (or maybe it will just be a ghost hang-out spot? Oh! Orr we'll get children ghosts and you could have ghost babies with this trait, like the Ley-line trait?).

...I think i'm too excited, lol, we might not even get this pack :sweat_smile:

Oh gosh this is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! I was thinking about that repo man animation to catch ghost in some cool ghostbuster style outfit. Or knowing me I would go searching for cooler custom ones. 🀣🀣 I get too excited thinking about it. Since happy haunts might not win I try not to think about it lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    But I know one thing, it would really suck if the pack doesn't offer all 3 careers because how can I choose between them? I 😱😱😱😱😱
  • simhaesimhae Posts: 3 New Member
    Arts and Crafts is 100% my first choice (I love arts and crafts so subsequently many of my Sims tend to be artsy too lol ) Also interested in the Science & Technology one, mainly for the Food Science and Kitchen Appliances.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I just love that we're having another community pack. The voting was so much fun last time even though my preferred theme wasn't chosen. Now I'm leaning towards arts and crafts, but really want to see if we get a bit more info before deciding what to vote.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Happy Haunts needs to win! arts and crafts would be cool too though. I want Happy Haunts first though
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > But I know one thing, it would really suck if the pack doesn't offer all 3 careers because how can I choose between them? I 😱😱😱😱😱

Based on this, if we are lucky we might get two, but we wont be getting all of them in a stuff pack:

"From 10 a.m. PST on November 18 until 10 a.m. PST on November 25, we’re gathering your votes to help select the theme and potential gameplay for this new Stuff Pack. For this first survey, we will present you with five gameplay themes, each with five possible gameplay features. You will have the opportunity to rank the features within the themes, and then rank the themes themselves. The top-ranked theme and the top-ranked feature within that theme will become the core of our new Stuff Pack! Other gameplay from the chosen theme may be included in the final Stuff Pack, but only the top-ranked gameplay feature is guaranteed."

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/choosing-new-stuff-pack

Moschino stuff had two big, if related, gameplay features in the Freelance Photographer and Photography, but other stuff packs have only had one. So it's possible we might get two careers, but I really cant see getting all three.

Having thought about it a bit the order I think I will vote for them will be:

Happy Haunts
    Ghost Hunter Freelancer (edging out Grim Reaper Freelancer)
    Grim Reaper Freelancer
    Haunted House Trait (if it ties into Ghost Hunter Freelancer)
    Psychic Freelancer
    Seance Table and Spirit Board

Science & Technology
    Building Blocks (new stuff for children)
    STEM kits (as above)
    Astronomy and Portable Telescope
    Desktop Microscope
    Food Science and Kitchen Ayppliances

Arts & Craft
    Glass Fabrication
    Edible Art
    Pottery Wheel
    Embroidery & Cross Stitch
    Knitting

Fun Tech
    Simulated Sports
    Void Critter Locator
    Portable Hologram Best Friend
    Virtual Putting Green & Modular Miniature Golf
    Indoor Cycling and Treadmill Machine with Screen
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    None of that particularly excites me, but I suppose if I had to choose, it'd be:

Arts & Crafts
    Knitting
    Embroidery & Cross Stitch
    Pottery Wheel
    Glass Fabrication
    Edible Art

Science & Technology
    Building Blocks
    Food Science and Kitchen Appliances
    Astronomy and Portable Telescope
    Desktop Microscope
    ...and I don't know what a STEM kit is.

Fun Tech
    Indoor Cycling and Treadmill Machine
    Simulated Sports
    Virtual Putting Green and Modular Miniature Golf
    Portable Hologram Best Friend
    Void Critter Locator

Happy Haunts
    Grim Reaper Freelancer
    Psychic Freelancer
    Haunted House trait
    Ghost Hunter Freelancer
    Seance Table and Spirit Board
  • KarlaO22KarlaO22 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm sorry, the freelance careers are playable right? Like the writer career? Definitely a tough choice! I'd love the vegan trait and the smoothies, but am not too interested in much else (in that pack). All these stuff packs seem pretty good though, and I'd honestly be pretty happy with any of them! The careers one (if freelance means playable haha) sounds like a stuff pack with more gameplay, which seems like the best choice to me!! :) Can't wait for voting! :)
  • KarlaO22KarlaO22 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @KarlaO22 said:
    > I'm sorry, the freelance careers are playable right? Like the writer career? Definitely a tough choice! I'd love the vegan trait and the smoothies, but am not too interested in much else (in that pack). All these stuff packs seem pretty good though, and I'd honestly be pretty happy with any of them! The careers one (if freelance means playable haha) sounds like a stuff pack with more gameplay, which seems like the best choice to me!! :) Can't wait for voting! :)

One more thing, the grim reaper career is possible via a mod, so that's cool if this pack doesn't win!
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Oh wow! Man, I was so down for the arts and craft pack BUT WHEN I SAW Happy Hauntings, I was like yo, the ghost hunter career tho... I have OCs who are ghost hunters and I'd be able to actually make them in the sims... I HAVE to vote for that I'm sorry. But I'd still be happy with the arts and crafts one. I guess I'm just not so keen on the fitness stuff bc we already, like... HAVE fitness stuff... we would just have two fitness stuff packs and it would be weird.

So do I! I also just like watching ghost hunting shows. But literally anything that helps me create my ocs in the sims is something worth buying. and yeah, 2 fitness stuff packs is strange imo
  • Indie_RiverIndie_River Posts: 1 New Member
    self-care sounds cool but we already have alot like that in game so i would either go with happy haunts or arts and crafts.
    I really want that blender though..... they should just patch that in lol :D
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I really want that blender though..... they should just patch that in lol :D

They should have it together with Food Science and Kitchen Appliances in the Cool Kitchen-pack. I've been looking at that pack as I enjoy cooking in games but it doesn't seem to provice much, so adding what these "new" packs have in offer I would actually buy it.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I'd like the blender and the update to food science. (I get bored if I watch them eating the same things too much). I think my number one vote will be Team Pottery Wheel though. I do genuinely want that and crafts that sims of different ages can do, like a grandparent and a grandchild or sims on a rainy day. I'm less bothered about the knitting and stitching but I'd take it with the pottery and maybe other crafty stuff. I know that not everything would make it but an arts and crafts pack should have various activities, not just one.

If they want to patch the blender and add it in some other pack, I'd be happy. I know they don't always do that.

Happy Haunts is somewhere around 2nd or 3rd for me mostly because I'm more interested in the psychic/ouija/seance stuff and even then, it's stuff that a minor but fun character might do in my rotation. I think the ghost stuff will win within Happy Haunts and it just isn't really for me. I'd rather have activities that can be done by a lot of sims.

I'd be totally cool with them releasing two SPs out of this, an arts/crafts/activities one and a supernatural one. I get that people play in different ways and some play for supernaturalism. No judgment but plenty of players do not. I'm not boring and my play style isn't boring, I just think that there is plenty of quirkiness and imagination in realism too. It's just a different style.

Also, in terms of stuff, I like the stuff and styles that have come with the supernatural packs but I end up needing to ignore chunks of the packs because they just don't appeal to me. I don't mind them for other players but if I get to vote then I guess I'd rather vote for something that would really excite me. Building upgraded art studios and having a fresh update for artsy sims would. It opens up more than just painting.

You can have more serious artists and those who just entertain themselves at home. I could also see this possibly adding more for kids too and definitely teens who want to be artsy.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Happy Hunts all the way! I have wanted my sims to be the grim reaper forever.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • zuzix99zuzix99 Posts: 9 New Member
    I wanna be the grim reaper!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Happy Haunts for me too! When do we start voting?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ButtercupBlossomButtercupBlossom Posts: 1 New Member
    Happy haunts sounds amazing!
  • LetterKennedyLetterKennedy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Fallenxroses7 said:
    > Happy Haunts needs to win! arts and crafts would be cool too though. I want Happy Haunts first though

Same! I love the idea of being able to make things and having that expand in the sims but I also love having the whole sorta supernatural vibe going on. For me personally I love the whole Haunted vibe and as for the new trait I like the idea of being able to catch the ghost's but we would need to expand a bit more to make it different from the other trait. The Haunted pack would go extremely well with the realm of magic game pack. I also feel like others would be annoyed though if this dropped, and it has all this other stuff that could of been included. Like if we were to do this stuff pack we would need to have to include some things that would not only go along nicely with the game pack but expand on it so it can be seen as an expand on it so we could add some funky new witch and warlock clothing. Maybe even add some new wands and game interactions. Have some new wallpapers along with flooring.
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    Happy haunts and knitting, I can't decide. Off Topic: Please like so I can be a member
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Happy Haunts for me too! When do we start voting?

i think they said starting next monday aka tomorrow
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    If they include the graveyard/mausoleum too I'd vote for Happy Haunts but will take whatever comes. I didn't vote for Laundry but find it useful now. The only thing I worry about is that unwanted Gallery Sims might be forced into our unlived in lots so that their houses can become haunted.
  • LeaxxieLeaxxie Posts: 23 Member
    I'm very confused. Where did you find info about what we are voting on? And when voting opens where will that be?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top