Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will Expansion Pack 9 be ?

Comments

• _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    I think it will be Into The Future.

I doubt they will make a future pack after adding robots in University and drones and sleeping pods in Get Famous.

That makes sense, but I still feel like we're missing things. Even though I wasn't a fan of time-travel in The Sims 3. I still think we should get more future-themed items/features/interactions somehow.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    I really hope it's either Farming or a Band/Showtime type of pack.

My biggest dream would be a generations pack, but I doubt we'll get that.

I can't believe we still don't have a proper Singing Career..Yup! We need showtime 😂😭
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    _Sandra_ wrote: »
    I think it will be Into The Future.

I doubt they will make a future pack after adding robots in University and drones and sleeping pods in Get Famous.

That makes sense, but I still feel like we're missing things. Even though I wasn't a fan of time-travel in The Sims 3. I still think we should get more future-themed items/features/interactions somehow.

Me too! I didn't really care about time-travelling but I loved the futuristic stuff in Sims 3 and of course the plumbots. Robotics is the main reason I'm extremely excited about DU. I'm planning on turning newcrest into an Oasis Lading type of town, populated by robots and aliens disguised as people.

As much as I'd like a future pack, I think it's unlikely since they've been adding a bit of futuristic content in various packs.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I think there is a decent chance we could well get a Futuristic EP, and soon. Last year, before leaving the TS4 team, Sim Guru Grant spoke about a futuristic pack. Granted (ha) it was after people had been asking for a pack set in the past and he wanted to know what era as we already have some stuff from different eras and of course the past could mean 1000s of years of different things. But ... I think the idea has at least been mooted and therefore could possibly be in the works.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Farming.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited November 2019
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I think there is a decent chance we could well get a Futuristic EP, and soon. Last year, before leaving the TS4 team, Sim Guru Grant spoke about a futuristic pack. Granted (ha) it was after people had been asking for a pack set in the past and he wanted to know what era as we already have some stuff from different eras and of course the past could mean 1000s of years of different things. But ... I think the idea has at least been mooted and therefore could possibly be in the works.

i doubt it, he didnt even know stuff about discover university since he has been working on something else. given it takes a year for an expansion to go through development i doubt he has little say on whats going into development next.

hardly anyone has been requesting a future EP to make it a priority anyways, its either been farming, generations, or showtime from what i've seen.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The next 3 packs that I am DYING for in this order are GENERATIONS expansion, then a hobby game pack, and then a farming country life expansion pack!
  • ChampagneBurstChampagneBurst Posts: 5 New Member
    I think there might be a big hint on origin for some members as we speak. I pre-ordered University, so it automatically initiated download & install when I started up my game. When it finished there was a message banner across the top of my Origin home tab: “It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s ChampagneBurst!”. I think it might be a hint an upcoming pack is Superhero related and here’s why:

That message on the same day the latest expansion, when it finishes installing said expansion. I think it’s too big a coincidence.
    I am 90% sure it wasn’t there before. Did anyone else get it? Is it on everyone’s origin even if you haven’t bought University? Are other people who pre-ordered also/the only ones to get it?

I’m not into EA other games but I checked and none seem like they’d fit with a superheroes expansion; most don’t even have expansions.

Superheroes haven’t been included in any of the Sims franchises, just some items in a Sims 3 Stuff pack only. BUT it’s also the most obvious pop culture area that fits perfectly with the Sims that is missing.

They gave us Vampires because they are still so big. They gave us other beings with special powers. So having no Superheroes is literally weird when you think about it, and looks more like a gaping hole the more you think about it.

EA/Maxis can’t have missed how huge Superheroes are right now, especially after the last Avengers movie dropped. We are experiencing a Superhero boom. They aren’t just for comic book readers anymore; they are now mainstream. So superheroes are everywhere in current media : movies, tv shows, YouTube etc because mainstream means massive consumer base. Superhero media is also multiplying at a huge rate which means it is still in huge demand.
    So the superhero boom is generating tons of money - EA/Maxis would be stupid to miss out on this gravy train. I don’t think they are stupid.

I
  • ChampagneBurstChampagneBurst Posts: 5 New Member
    Also sorry for comment. I would have made a new thread but I’m just a long time lurker so can’t. I would really like to find out what everyone thinks if anyone thinks I might be on to something and can make it into a new thread for me
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Perhaps they are going to do something with Marvel, as they already have with Disney, and have superhero costumes in the game. I'm sure people could tell me all sorts of wonderful things being able to be a superhero would bring to the game, I'm just not seeing it right now. I wait to be enlightened though. The more there is in the game to do and for diversity, the better. :smiley:
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think there might be a big hint on origin for some members as we speak. I pre-ordered University, so it automatically initiated download & install when I started up my game. When it finished there was a message banner across the top of my Origin home tab: “It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s ChampagneBurst!”. I think it might be a hint an upcoming pack is Superhero related and here’s why:

That message on the same day the latest expansion, when it finishes installing said expansion. I think it’s too big a coincidence.
    I am 90% sure it wasn’t there before. Did anyone else get it? Is it on everyone’s origin even if you haven’t bought University? Are other people who pre-ordered also/the only ones to get it?

I've had that message on my Origin before, way before University was even announced. That text string is randomized and will show a different message each time you log in. And given it shows up in Origin's home page, not the TS4 game loading screen, it's almost definitely nothing to do with Sims/Maxis; Origin users who don't even own a Sims game most likely see it from time to time too.

As far as superheroes, as a separate thought, I think it's unlikely but not impossible. I don't think the team would be able to deliver on the features a hero pack would require, and that would probably keep them from going down that road. But who knows?

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Remember, they added horse coding in the game last year and this year. I think its going to be a Farming EP at some point next year.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Superhero and villains could be a pack at some point, you can study villainy at university abit random isnt it 😂, theres alot of superhero clothing and theres alot of new superhero films out at the moment, who knows could be a possibility and its something different
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I want farming next, and I think it would be a great theme for including activities for all ages, plus the tidbits to make each life stage a bit richer.. and of course some of those activities would need to have appeal also outside the farm.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited November 2019
    Also sorry for comment. I would have made a new thread but I’m just a long time lurker so can’t. I would really like to find out what everyone thinks if anyone thinks I might be on to something and can make it into a new thread for me

I don't think this means anything. As someone pointed out, those text strings are randomly generated each time you open up Origin.
    As for the next EP, I think it'll be something like we got for TS2 with Free Time, Farming, or some other pack that's really out there and unexpected, e.g. Strangerville.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Time Travel to Medieval times & to the future. Where the Sims can choose to live there instead of the present. Also, No Cellphones in the past Please.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    I hope it's something fairy or focused on a rework on supernaturals. lol
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe Showtime EP , many people are waiting for band (I need drums and Acrobat career).

I'm also still waiting for Firefighter career.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Pretty sure it’s farming EP with horses. :)

But I’m also hoping for a winter GP soon with hotels. :)

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    I think it'll be farming, but I'd MUCH prefer something like TS2 FreeTime or another holiday world, or maybe even a theme park/carnival.

God, I would love a Free Time type pack. The recent stuff pack poll really drove that home for me when I wanted, like, all the stuff listed under Arts & Crafts.

That said, I don't think it will be. I honestly have no idea what will be next, which is a sort of interesting place to be.
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Generations, romance, hobbies and country/farming all sound good to me
    VbXPSzu.png
  • RetroidRetroid Posts: 17 Member
    Idk but cars/choppers would be nice
  • DaniSnowDaniSnow Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm all for another supernatural pack, but I would like a decades pack, a medeval pack, or a relationships pack (family, friends romantic etc.)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm hoping a farm pack so that Ewwliza Pancakes can step into Bob's Llama's poop. She needs to get her hands dirty for once.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller