Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Did You Know?

Bicycles have a light for nighttime use.

There are 3 swimmable lakes in Britechester one for each district.

You can use boats in the lakes.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    If a dorm is empty, you can set requirements. You have to choose one university. You can also choose requirements for gender or student organisation.

The location of the dorm is not tied to the university, only the settings determine which students can live in a dorm. You can have a dorm anywhere. In theory we should be able to set up the historical dorm (if it is empty) in the Britechester university neighbourhood to accept only foxbury students and vice versa.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Someone mentioned if you go out, the roommate may tag along and a message will say something along the lines of “so, where are we going”.

I hope someone makes a picture thread soon, I don’t want to make it, but would love to see pictures.

Just watched that happen in someone’s video. The guy had the nerve to be dirty 🤦‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Someone mentioned if you go out, the roommate may tag along and a message will say something along the lines of “so, where are we going”.

I hope someone makes a picture thread soon, I don’t want to make it, but would love to see pictures.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968861/discover-university-share-your-screenshots#latest
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sims from the outside worlds can visit university. Your sim can also travel home if they want.

Roommates will bring over their significant
    others or a whole bunch of food. They also leave passive-aggressive notes for your sim and throw random parties.

You can store any live draggable object in that new ICYA chest you can buy from the kiosk and it has its own inventory.

Also sims can drop out of school by withdrawing from the term via the phone.

Sims can lock their computers for just themselves (although this was a free update thing)
    Post edited by Phantasi33 on
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    For the storage chest, does it keep food and fish fresh? Thinking off the grid here. The table from JA takes up a lot if space.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Roommates live their lives pretty easily without you interfering. They have their own friends come over as well as a boyfriend/girlfriend if they do. Mines 'had' one and I was currently having my sim flirt him up and didn't realize the friend he invited over was his girlfriend. Oop.

That and they always seem to bring home food some pretty ritzy ones at that. Lobster Thermador, Monte Crisco, Roasted Chicken and a cake?

I've been shoving them in the fridge and whenever they get up to get leftovers they ALWAYS go for the cake my sim included. Packin on the pounds in University. D:

FYI: Sometimes they might keep some food in their inventory and it'll go bad and they might even eat it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Did you know that If you are high enough at a skill you can tutor other sims for cash.

That is awesome! I was wondering what ways there are to make money at University.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Sims from the outside worlds can visit university. Your sim can also travel home if they want.

others or a whole bunch of food. They also leave passive-aggressive notes for your sim and throw random parties.

You can store any live draggable object in that new ICYA chest you can buy from the kiosk and it has its own inventory.

Do any of them leave romantic notes for your sim? Prehaps secret crushes.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I noticed with robotics the party bot you can make can play music and can serve food and drink for any sim to order. (Costs money because bots have a job to do too)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you know, you now have the option to woohoo and try for baby in the shower?
    You can also 'prank the toilet'.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did You Know?

There is a new shower woohoo moodlet.

If sims woohoo in the clear shower you can briefly see them kissing in the shower before the stem covers them.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

Do any of them leave romantic notes for your sim? Prehaps secret crushes.

I'm not sure. I haven't gotten a chance to play, I've only see what other people have experienced in their game from videos.
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Love this thread! Cannot wait to discover some secrets of my own. :)
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    pro tip! when your sim first arrives at university, you do need to head to that local kiosk right away.

your sim won't be able to do any homework without buying a "university homework" book from that kiosk. you won't be able to access it through a regular bookcase, and it is not automatically provided.

after the homework book is bought, your sim can stick it in their inventory for all safe keeping. or use that ICYA chest!

this information is very likely available somewhere in the game, or something i missed when i was first accepted into the university... but, i was v confused on how to find my sim's university homework notebook - assuming it might show up in their inventory as the homework books for child school and high school homework do.

alas, they don't. so, i hope this is helpful to y'all! it wasn't obvious to me.
    still using fabric softener
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    When your sim is going to class they carry their homework under their arm.

When a sim gets a scholarship they do a little victory dance.

When your sim eats too much quick meals, they get a moodlet that says something about not having a balanced diet. This moodlet disappears when your sim eats a healty meal.