Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion do you want to see most after the release of Discover University?

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Other
    I want Generations.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Farming expansion
    Glad to see farming expansion at 34% :)
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other
    Now that Discover University is coming out, all I need now is a proper Generations pack, with more meaningful family ties. I would also like for them to do a theme they haven't done before, although I really don't know what I would want specifically. Aside from a generations pack, anything else will just icing on the cake.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Farming expansion
    I want Farming, Generations and Showtime.
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    An expansion that focuses on romance
    I would LOVE a romance pack! (Doesn't have to be EP, I could be happy with a GP as well).
    If it came with a Paris-themed world too, I would be over the moon <3
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Fantasy based expansion
    I voted fantasy, really I want something that adds pet dragons and fairies. I'd also prefer more GPs, things like hobbies, or something like Sims 2 Freetime, and also an Aussie beach inspired world. Or even a zoo, or theme park, or something along the lines of Happy Haunts, but as a GP.

To go with an option everyone else has said (that I'm sure we will get at some point), I guess I'll take farming. It seems like something that could be cute, but it ain't my first choice.
    I honestly don't think we'll get 'Generations', though it wouldn't go awry.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Farming expansion
    #FarmTeam
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Farming expansion
    I wish “Backyard” radio station is no longer being exclusive to Perfect Patio Stuff or we can get a second country station with a farming expansion
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Farming expansion
    munroele wrote: »
    I voted fantasy, really I want something that adds pet dragons and fairies. I'd also prefer more GPs, things like hobbies, or something like Sims 2 Freetime, and also an Aussie beach inspired world. Or even a zoo, or theme park, or something along the lines of Happy Haunts, but as a GP.

To go with an option everyone else has said (that I'm sure we will get at some point), I guess I'll take farming. It seems like something that could be cute, but it ain't my first choice.
    I honestly don't think we'll get 'Generations', though it wouldn't go awry.

I picked farming, but fantasy would be great as well. TS4 needs a Dragon Valley! The ROM GP would go really great with it too!
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Farming expansion
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    I don't understand this want for a Farming pack.
    My great grandparents on my moms side were farmers and it was boring as hell in real life, why would anyone want to play a life simulator on it.
    It's not at all like "Harvest Moon" or any of those games, its (depending on the size of the farm) a few months of hard work and then months of an everyday boring routine.
    People are currently complain about how boring going to class is, does anyone think that this would be more exciting?

the poll one of the sim gurus took for a farming expansion everyone voted on farm animals as priority over new harvestables.

people want farming or a country living pack for things like horses, pigs, sheep, chickens, cows, etc. things like a mechanical bull ride, tractors, solar panels, atvs, nectar making, rocking chairs, sewing, they all make a great gameplay focused pack.

its not so much that they want to go plow fields and plant seeds and stuff (that was the loser on the poll) its more of an idealized version of living in the country and having ranch animals and stuff.

So they want a Country living pack/expansion?
    That's totally different from just a Farming pack/expansion, so not sure how that got to be the name focus of what they wanted.
    Since the Farming is just an upsides version of the already existing Gardening skill.
    Anyway, while things like this would be nice for a "well we have to many in dept careers/activities" time in the sims 4.
    I look at it as there is to little to do actively in the game right now to need a slower pace game pack.
    The idea of these packs is normally to escape the fast paced modern world not to give you something to do because the game lacks anything that last more then a few hours/days to do.

idk people who don't live around farms conflate the two. country living/off the grid and ranches and farms all kinda meld together in what they're asking for. all the lists i see, under farming, include stuff like rocking chairs and horses, and jarring goods, etc.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Other
    I wouldn't mind a farming pack, but I'd rather get something more geared toward hobbies. I honestly wish everything they are gong to poll people about for the next community stuff pack would just come out as an expansion. I want all the stuff mentioned.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Other
    None, Decover University was just like the other packs from island living onwards dull dead world it’s like the devs are just churning out half baked weak products now....can you here that (thawk) that sound (thawk) it’s the sound (thawk) of the devs flogging a dead horse that is the Sims 4.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Other
    Hobbies for all ages, especially ballet; off-the-grid expansion that adds homeschooling and vintage-style items to replace on-the-grid (such as a crank-type phonograph, a journal or old-time typewriter for writing, an outhouse, etc). Any pack that adds more stuff for toddlers, kids and teens, and babyupdate!!!

What I actually think is coming: a futuristic world will be the next EP and a new vacation destination (probably winter sports) will be the next GP. I would also guess that some kind of music-focused pack (bands) and maybe a romantic bedrooms stuff pack are in the cards.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    hotpinkkt_24hotpinkkt_24 Posts: 7 New Member
    An expansion that focuses on vacations
    Ahh, so hard! I like a few. Definitely want farming, but I definitely also want a color wheel, and CAW! I had to go with more vacation destinations though as I live in the mountains and want a mountain theme world! It could include winter sports/activities such as snowboarding, skiing, etc. Build log cabins and resorts! Ahh, I wish that were coming to TS4!
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Farming expansion
    I voted on Farming because there has been a bunch of hints to that theme. Also, they added a couple of Horse codes last year, and they did it again this year. I think they are almost done coding horses, probably going to release in June 2020.
  • Options
    unknowed21196unknowed21196 Posts: 8 New Member
    I was mostly torn between farming and vacation worlds. But because I cant really think of what they all can do with farming other than more plants and animals. Although I would love the animals, I’m to afraid that they will be more objects than real animals. And I really want more vacation worlds. 2 in 4/5 years is way too few if you ask me..
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    We desperately need more vacation worlds.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Farming expansion
    I never revisit holiday worlds, and I usually play on Long so my sims have plenty of time. Perhaps I need to learn to incorporate a holiday into their lives. That said, I rarely revisit other towns either, my sims tend to stay put.
  • Options
    PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Fantasy based expansion
    I do not think that at this point any essential problems we have with the game are going to be amended (e.g. too many loading screens, no memories, no consequences, no attraction system, traits being inconsequential, unoriginal content, empty packs etc. etc.), I don't even know if some long-standing bugs are going to ever be fixed (e.g. sick pets).

However! That doesn't have to mean that we cannot get a worthy and enjoyable expansion pack that would make the shortcomings of the game's core more bearable.

Personally, as an occult fan, I would be the happiest about a fully-fledged fantasy or fairytale EP that would give us werewolves, fairies and maybe a new pretty fantasy world. As a bonus, it could fix mermaids and give them the actual skill tree (not gonna happen, I know). And the ghost hunting career! We really need some more things to do with the ghosts! And maybe make some special interactions between different occults (e.g. spellcasters hating aliens or vampires getting addicted to mermaid blood), that could be fun!

Other features that I would welcome in my game: active singing career, more romantic interactions (e.g. slow dancing, blind dates, arranged marriages of convenience between adults), medieval/farming world for sims who want to get away from the modern world, more things to do with children, teens and elders, more activities/hobbies, astronomy skill and portable telescope, a new vacation world and a world inspired by East Asian cultures (Korea, Japan, China...).

As you can see, I am opened to pretty much anything (with the small exceptions of sci-fi features and Strangerville-like adventures), but I would be ecstatic about a fantasy pack!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Farming expansion
    You missed an important choice in a GENERATIONS-type expansion! I voted farming but I think Generations needs to come first. We need an expansion that adds tons of new interactions and gameplay to children and teens! After they fill in all the gaps of gameplay then I will relish an awesome in-depth farming expansion next!! :)
  • Options
    RussianmafiaRussianmafia Posts: 1 New Member
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    a pack where there is a ton of hair styles for all age groups and genders and a feature where both genders can have all the hair styles(boys can have more long hair) and an option to own your own hair and nail solon.

a romance pack with new romantic inactions, sexy pjs for both genders, and some new places where they can wohoo.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Other
    Generations or hobbies please.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    I want all of the above.
  • Options
    AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    Fantasy based expansion
    I wish fairies and werewolves came! I really love supernatural sims.
  • Options
    thesimseveningsthesimsevenings Posts: 16 Member
    I want some kind of sustainable living idea. I do see farming coming into play as people go off the grid. There could be solar power. And the climate might be similar to rice-planting and tea-growing regions of the world - somewhat cool, with mid-high altitude. Or even just an expansion on the Island Living chickens is great.

There were so many farming, domestication, visuals in the background that I feel like an expansion on it is possible.