Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened To Sim Asylum

I can't reach Sim Asylum's page through Google. I wonder if it's a problem with my browser or perhaps it's a problem with their website? Would anyone know, please? I think their web address is simsasylum .com but I could be wrong about that. I'm actually looking for CoolSpear's mods. Thanks.

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    don't know it is down.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I misread this topic and thought it was going to be about Soul Asylum, the 90’s alternative rock band. I’ll just show myself out.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It seems to be down because my bookmarks aren't working either. They're probably doing maintenance.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. At least I know it's not my browser. Hopefully it's just maintenance.
  • MaryDMaryD Posts: 1 New Member
    I've no idea myself. I've contacted one of the admins via another site. No word yet but they're a busy person.
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    It looks like it's still down. I need Coolspear's mods, too.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Coolspear has said that it probably will take a week for him to get started updating his mods, so hopefully the site will be up by then. He has a lot of mods, so patience is a virtue.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    On another note, Sim Asylum does give ideas to a new game pack.
  • cuehappiestcuehappiest Posts: 4 New Member
    I didn't know that it was down.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    Anyone have any luck yet? Keep getting server configuration errors.
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Going on four (or more?) days now. This is ridiculous. Especially with a major patch release.

Patience may be a virtue, but to ignore your users when they're asking questions is plain unprofessional.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I misread this topic and thought it was going to be about Soul Asylum, the 90’s alternative rock band. I’ll just show myself out.

LOL. What did happen to Soul Asylum? 🧐❓
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

LOL. What did happen to Soul Asylum? 🧐❓

I’ve been losing sleep over this question for years.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited November 2019
    Huh. This is very odd. They've never been down this long before. I'm using a lot of Coolspear's mods myself, and I've spent a couple of hours testing all my mods since the patch dropped. A handful of his mods may be unneeded now after the patch, but I have those stored in a folder of their own just in case the EA fixes aren't really fixes. But those are mostly autonomous actions nukers because those bug the heck out of me. The World Sim Control mods he has for various venues are the ones I use the most so I am going to be testing those later tonight or maybe tomorrow. While we might be able to use most of his mods after the update, the pack itself has a few new additions such as an aspiration, that might nerf a couple of the World Control mods. I changed my mind about not buying DU after the update since the teams finally managed to fix a lot of the bugs I have had for a couple of years. But now with my go-to modder down, with no word on when the site will be up and running again, I won't be buying DU for a while afterall. And the waiting continues.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • rashjichordsrashjichords Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if simsasylum is moderated anymore? I have been trying to register for a couple weeks, I have used like 10 different email providers and have not gotten a single registration email back. I have emailed them and have not gotten a reply, if anyone would be willing to toss me an account that would be great.
  • AaronKorrAaronKorr Posts: 1 New Member
    > @rashjichords said:
    > Does anyone know if simsasylum is moderated anymore? I have been trying to register for a couple weeks, I have used like 10 different email providers and have not gotten a single registration email back. I have emailed them and have not gotten a reply, if anyone would be willing to toss me an account that would be great.

Stumbled across this thread with a discord link that might help if you're still having issues with registration.
    https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=635582
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you, guies. After half a year of being cut off the asylum, I'm now in again!!! :smiley: