Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I decided to vote for Happy Haunts.

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
edited February 16 in Nominated Threads
Well, I was thinking about it, and all of the ideas for theme/stuff that they showed us on the livestream could pretty much fit on the 2/4 most asked EP's types left. And, to be honest, they seem to have a chance of being better done in EP than in an SP. But Happy Haunts is the only one that will never be added in a EP, because we are not going to be getting an Supernatural EPs, and they wouldn't fit on a Occult GP, because they would focus on the occult life state (like in RoM, that we didn't get the Magic Broom Arena or the Fortuneteller career). So, HH is the only time we are going to have a chance to get any of the ideas presented.
Arts & Crafts:
Like, why add those on SP when we could have them better made later?
- Embroidery, Cross Stitch & Knitting: can and should be added on a Farming EP, why?

In a Farming EP we could be able to raise sheeps or llamas, then we would be requested to trim their fur from time to time and we would get sheep wool/llama fleece. While most people picture only sheep when they think of wool, other animals also produce fine protein fiber. Various camels, goats, and rabbits produce hair that is also classified as wool. Some people even use cat or dog fur, when the pet has long fur it can be used alone, but when its shorter it can be mixed with longer tipes like sheep wool or llama/alpaca fleece.
The Farming EP could also come with new flowers. You would have to farm the flowers. Those flowers would be used to extract dye, which would be used to add color to our wool/fleece. Your sim would chop the flowers to remove the bad stuff, would add them into a kettle, simmer (hehe) on range until the plant material looks faded and dye has transferred to the water, strain out and discard left-over plant material, and the remaining water would be our dye. Mixing the dyes could be a thing too, to achieve other/rarer colors. (Which could be a new skill, where each level unlocks a new mixing option). Maybe Pottery Wheel and Glass Fabrication could be added in the Farming EP too, but I don't know if natural plant dyes can be used to add color to those types of crafts, seeing that both use hot/fire stuff to finish them.
After extracting the dye, you would paint the wool/fleece to procede spinning it into yarn, to be used on embroidery, cross stitching or knitting.
Besides the Dye Extraction & Mixing skill, we could have a Sewing Skill to unlock new types of clothing that we could produce. Maybe it could work in a Sewing Game Pack, if they added a cross pack feature linking it to the sheep/llama animals from the Farming EP. Before that you would be requested to buy the wool/fleece on the internet or market.

- Pottery Wheel & Glass Fabrication: can and should be added on a Hobbies or Farming EP, why?

Just because they are very specific hobbies. Thats why. Also, adding them to an Expansion Pack could add another level of details. Like, you could take classes to learn how to use certain materials in Pottery Wheel like earthenware, stoneware and porcelain. Would be could if we could collect clay while swimming on rivers/lakes. Like I said above, i doubt we can paint glass/pottery with natural dyes extracted from flowers, so maybe we could have a way to pulverize gemstones/rocks to get mineral dyes. This could mean that it would work well alongside the above mentioned ideas in a Farming Pack, cuz they could add a new Dye Extraction/Mixing skill where you would unlock new types of lowers to extract dye or new mix of dyes to create unique/rare colors.

- Edible Art: can be added on a Hobbies EP, why?

We already have gourmet cooking, baking and regular cooking in SIms 4. I really don't care about this idea, but in a EP it could be better explored making it different from what we had before. In a Hobbies EP it could even walk side by side with a new Scuplting Skill, where you could recreate a sim in a cake, marble, porcelain, clay, etc... Maybe it could be differenciated from the other cooking types by having a whole reality tv show feel to it. With competitions, and judges voting for the best where you would have to be both good at cooking and sculpting to get better votes.
Self-Care Routines
This one, alongside the Medical Career, Spa Day and Fitness Stuff pack, coudl have been a really interesting/new Healthy Living Expansion Pack concept (write that down for Sims 5 gurus).

- Fitness Watch: could be part of a Hobbies EP, why?
This one is not the most interesting for me, but I can think of something. Using this watch could be an Achievement Device. Like, If the Hobbies EP added new sports + martial arts, using this watch could trigger an "Achievement" system. There would be some things like the oens form the aspiration, like Work Out for X hours, do X push ups, but you add other things like hit the ball X times inside the basketball hoop, do x kick-ups with a football, etc...

- Custom Teas and Herbal Infusions: could and should be part of a Farming EP, why?
Well, there's not much besides farm animas to be added to a Farming EP, since we got the Gardening Skill overhaul added in Seasons. Then, addind new types of plants, or things to do with the plants we already have, to be able to sell it later is a good idea. We could have new herbs and tea-plants added to the game, mixing them could result on other reactions/moodlets. We could also be able to use them on Aromatic Candles, Ready-to-Drink teas, homemade tea bags, etc... The better your Infusion skill, the highr the quality of your products and you get more simoleons for them.

- Vegan Trait: this should be a Free Update, why?
Its not fair that vegans have to pay to be able to be themselves inside the game, just like it wouldn't be fair for hijabs to be tied to a pack. Also, veganism is more Eco Friendly than Self-Care. By being vegan you just don't stop eating animal products, you also have to check your blood to see if there's no nutrients lacking, you have to take suplements to get things like B12 vitamin. A SP will not be able to make vegans justice.

- Healthy Living Aspiration: should be added on a Hobbies EP/free update, why?
If they release a Hobbies EP, would be cool if they added an Aspiration for each hobby. This one would fit to be the Fitness one. We really lack aspirations, so... why not add that in an update? We should have an aspiration for each career and each skill, but we don't. We have so few options ot play, that I have played the same ones over and over again to the extent that I'm bored already.

- Smoothie Blender: should be added on a Farming EP, why?
Well, this one could add some use to fruits and vegetables, and with the Farming EP it could use some new types of plants too. We could also be able to sell, produce better smoothies like the Custom Teas/Herbal Infusions. The Farming EP should be all about making money from the things we can produce on the nature. Planting crops, harvest them and sell is boring enough. Adding milk or not to the smoothie could also influence if tis Vegan or not. Accidently selling a non-vegan smoothie to a vegan client could get you on trouble, if your farms had an star system were people would buy more from you from the market if you didn't made mistakes like that.... if you had better skills, better products, etc...
Fun-Tech:
I think they were just without ideas with this one.

- Simulated Sports Screen: could be added on Hobbies EP, why?
Doesn't we have somethign liek that already?! I'd rather have real sports added to the game, but... Your sports-hobby sim could use this to train himself for the big game, right?!

- Indoor Cycling Machine & Treadmill with screens: could be added on Hobbies EP, why?
Like... I think it should have been added with the Fitness Stuff or in the Base Game, but I can see it being used by our sportsy sims on a Hobbies EP, alongside their Fitness Watch to get those achievements.

- Virtual Putting Screen & Modular Mini-Golf: could be added on Hobbies/Generations EP, why?
Well, because mini-golf could be a new interesting thing for our sims to do on their spare time. This could even have an aspirations for our elders to do on a Generations EP.

- Void Critter Locator: could be added on a Generations EP, why?
Our kids lack on things to do, and it would be interesting to see them play Pokemon Go... er... I mean... Void Critter Locator.

- Portable Hologram Best Friend: could be added on a Time Travel EP, why?
Because it was first introduced on the Into The Future EP. duh. haha
Science & Technology
This one made me kinda angry.

- Desktop Microscope/Portable Telescope: MUST BE ADDED ON A PATCH/UPDATE.
This is a basic thing we had in all the other base games. I don't care if the devs were lazy enough to create the huge Telescope were our sims disappear inside it, because they didn't want to spend time creating the animations necessary for our sims to use it. Its not fair. I never seen someone having a gigantic telescope/microscope on their backyard. Please, add it to the base game like the laptops and add other options to the Science & Technology theme.

- STEM Kits: could be added on a Generations EP, why?
It would be an interesting feature for our younger sims have something to do.

- Building Blocks: we already have the Buildems Blocks Play Table in the game.
Please, simgurus/devs, add another option to the Science & Technology theme.

- Food Science & Kitchen Appliances: could be added on a Hobbies EP, why?
Maybe they could introduce cross-hobby options like this one, a mix between Cooking Hobbies and Science Hobbies for our sims who love them both at the same time. Besides that, we desperately need more kitchen appliances. Stop adding 981227831273918273 different bars in each pack and focus on adding other stuff we are lacking. Gosh.

- Astronomy: should be added on the Time Travel EP, why?
It was relevant both in the past, and can be in the future like in Sims 3 Into The Future. Maybe in the past our sims discover Sixam through ancient telescopes, and in the future they visit/live on Sixam alongside aliens. haha Idk, but Copernicus would approve that even if the Time Travel had only the past option this time, maybe tied to astrology too.
Happy Haunts:
And finally, the Happy Haunts. Besides the Haunted House Lot Trait we alread have in the game, and that i don't want the Ghost Hunter to be a freelancer career (I want it to be an active career like in Sims 3), I can't see them adding any of that on other Expansion Packs, unless they add an Supernatural EP or an Occultism Hobby in the Hobbies EP (which I doubt). I don't see them adding any of that on a Occults GP, as I mentioned, RoM had to sacrifice the most fun objects/careers from Supernatural to be able to fit the Magic System in a GP. This SP theme, for me, could be the only chance we could get to have those ideas. Maybe the Psychic/Fortuneteller things could be on the Past portion of an Time Travel EP but Idk, if you guys think it could still get a chance to be on another packs that i can't think off... please, share with us on the comments down below.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Actually, I feel that Happy Haunts could definitely be a Game Pack. We could have Ghosts improved with more abilities, Fears, a "Brave" and "Coward" trait, more in-depth supernatural careers like Ghost Hunter, Reaper, and Divination "Seer", we'd have seances and spirit boards, a new and functional Cemetery lot, Funerals, a gravedigger NPC, zombies, and better hauntings. We could finally have the ability to create Ghosts in CAS and have some fun features to give them. Maybe even Ancestry could be improved on and we could have options to "lay relatives to rest" with a little quest.

I'd actually rather have a Game Pack for all of that, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with both of you. None of this is stuff pack material. I feel like they need to rethink this...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    Actually, I feel that Happy Haunts could definitely be a Game Pack. We could have Ghosts improved with more abilities, Fears, a "Brave" and "Coward" trait, more in-depth supernatural careers like Ghost Hunter, Reaper, and Divination "Seer", we'd have seances and spirit boards, a new and functional Cemetery lot, Funerals, a gravedigger NPC, zombies, and better hauntings. We could finally have the ability to create Ghosts in CAS and have some fun features to give them. Maybe even Ancestry could be improved on and we could have options to "lay relatives to rest" with a little quest.

I'd actually rather have a Game Pack for all of that, lol.

Oh, I haven't thought about that possibility. i doubt they would touch on past occults like ghosts and aliens. Maybe Ghosts can have their own GP, as they are "free", but the aliens... Maybe there's a possibility for them too, seeing that in Sims 3 we had both Servos in Ambitions and Simbots on Into The Future, as well as vampires in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    Thanks for your input @LiELF but there is also that if they release any occult pack next year, its probably going to be werewolves or Imaginary Friends.

@Babykittyjade Oh, no. I can see each separate idea being part of a SP, but they would never be as well made as they would be if it were on a bigger pack like GP/EP. That's why I'm scared to lose some of those ideas for a SP. I would rather want if they released a Teen SP or a Architecture Themed SP (Art Deco, Futurism, Asian Architecture etc) but, maybe those themes don't sell as much as a EP theme would, obviously.

But, oh, lets hope that its going to be a good SP and that they can think about more ideas to substitute them on each EP that would encompass the theme.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think you are trying to put too many things into a potential Hobbies EP. That is if we are even getting it, and knowing TS4 EP's, they're not gonna flesh out these features if they are gonna put all the knitting and the pottery making into one EP. XD

Look at Seasons for example, they only have the flower arrangement thing, bee-keeping and figure skating activity. Of course, I could also say that Seasons comes with seasons so that part already takes more weight on the EP.

Happy Haunts is a good choice cuz they can make it to be SP material or GP material if they decide to flesh it out more and add more features.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, I think people should just vote for what they want to see in the game, whatever that is.

Nectar-making and canning were in the second choices in the last stuff pack decided by public vote and we still have not seen those in a new pack. At this point, most of these broad concepts and styles have been represented in various ways in other packs, but it's an opportunity to add more ... stuff ... and maybe some needed gameplay on a stuff pack level. I've liked other SPs that did that so I'm optimistic.

I do think it would be great if they could make two packs, a supernatural one and a non-supernatural one, but I guess the vote needs to be what a player specifically wants.

I think this is a good way to come up with SPs. I hope I like at least some of what is in the pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am also going for happy haunts :)

Those careers could be a lot of fun.
  • BWOCBWOC Posts: 1 New Member
    Lol you [i]really[/i] thought about this. Lots of the same "tHIs shOuLd bE frEe" and wHaT aBoUt fArMiNg!" rhetoric being thrown around.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Eh, I think people should just vote for what they want to see in the game, whatever that is.
    I agree.
    Unless Maxis announces upcoming packs they’re working on, I’m not going to try to guess what they’ll be and let that assumption influence what I vote for. I understand the strategy behind it, but why would they include things in the future that get low votes for the SP?
    I would ideally like a rank-style of voting to make sure that people can at least voice what their second choice would be if their first doesn’t make it.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I have no opinion but I like the little campaign thing Happy Haunts folks have going.

I hope it works out for you !
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Is the vegan trait any different than the already available vegetarian trait? I voted Happy Haunts because it seems the coolest to me. I am really hoping we get that one!
    babajayne wrote: »
    I agree.
    Unless Maxis announces upcoming packs they’re working on, I’m not going to try to guess what they’ll be and let that assumption influence what I vote for. I understand the strategy behind it, but why would they include things in the future that get low votes for the SP?
    I would ideally like a rank-style of voting to make sure that people can at least voice what their second choice would be if their first doesn’t make it.

Thanks, that's not an anti-Happy Haunts statement. If anything, we should lobby for two SPs to come out of this.

I'm still hoping that nectar-making and canning will show up.
    edited November 2019
    I agree.

Thanks, that's not an anti-Happy Haunts statement. If anything, we should lobby for two SPs to come out of this.

I am not anti-Happy Haunts, either. 🙂
    I’m just voting for what interests me the most and how useful it will be for the majority of my sims. Even though I knit IRL, I might not even vote on that feature if Arts & Crafts wins, because some of the other features might be more interesting in the game. Hopefully they will go into more detail about how they think they would implement each. I like them all a lot.
    There’s something under every category I like. The category I like least is the electronic gaming one. We have lots of that stuff in the game already and I just personally find it boring. Maybe because my sims are so drawn to these items and they’ve annoyed me over time!
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Is the vegan trait any different than the already available vegetarian trait? I voted Happy Haunts because it seems the coolest to me. I am really hoping we get that one!

Vegetarian sims only avoid dishes with meat and fish in it, I assume that with the vegan trait they'll also avoid milk, eggs and cheese (which is very limiting in the sims with its limited selection of foods). I personally don't feel like we need this specific trait to be added in.

I'm still going back and forth between Arts&Crafts and Happy Haunts. The latter could be really cool (depending on the execution of it). :smile:
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    That was honestly the only option that sparked my interest at least a little
    edited November 2019
    I agree.

I am not anti-Happy Haunts, either. 🙂
    I’m just voting for what interests me the most and how useful it will be for the majority of my sims. Even though I knit IRL, I might not even vote on that feature if Arts & Crafts wins, because some of the other features might be more interesting in the game. Hopefully they will go into more detail about how they think they would implement each. I like them all a lot.
    There’s something under every category I like. The category I like least is the electronic gaming one. We have lots of that stuff in the game already and I just personally find it boring. Maybe because my sims are so drawn to these items and they’ve annoyed me over time!

I actually agree. I'd like the pottery wheel, the blender, most of the science stuff and "real" sports/activities. I get it that it's EA so they are encouraging the E-sports, some forms of which are already in the game. I mean, I'd probably use that stuff in a bigger pack.

I'd also have a lot of fun with the psychic and ouija stuff. I like the art aesthetics that have come in the more supernatural packs. I also liked StrangerVille and the psychic stuff seems like it goes along well with that - like, weird stuff involving hippies in some New Mexico or Oregon town. Could I make a psychic who also makes and sells pottery in some remote art studio shack? There's a lot of quirky potential there. Anyway, that's me, not other players.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Vegetarian sims only avoid dishes with meat and fish in it, I assume that with the vegan trait they'll also avoid milk, eggs and cheese (which is very limiting in the sims with its limited selection of foods). I personally don't feel like we need this specific trait to be added in.

I'm still going back and forth between Arts&Crafts and Happy Haunts. The latter could be really cool (depending on the execution of it). :smile:

that does make sense now that you mention it, thank you!
    Guys, I'm not saying they are going to add ALL of that to the Farming/Generations/Hobbies EP, I'm saying that each of those features still have chances to be added to the game. I heavily doubt they would release a Ghost GP before Sims 5 gets released, there's still Fairies, Imaginary Friends and Werewolves being asked for. They'll focus on them.

@DeKay Yes, Seasons don't have much hobbies/new interactive objects, or even Island Living. But, like you mentioned, the four seasons took more of the scope of the pack, while Island Living also had a whole portion of its budget focused on adding swimmable water. In Sims 3 Island Paradise had more things than Island Living had, because they had added swimmable oceans way prior to the pack development (althought it isn't an excuse for the EP being so empty, overall). Maybe if they focus on adding just a Hobby System, the rest of the pack could focus on adding a bunch of new activities for us to do.
    When they released Get Together, altought it wasn't the pack everyone was waiting for (Nightclubs + Apartments) it's still had a lot for us to do. The major thing added was the Club System (which, I suppose, probably took the same space/budget as a Hobby System would). Then, they added a bunch of other thigns for us to do: Bonfire, Closet, Dance Floor, Dartboard, Diving Platform, DJ booth, Don't wake the Llama, Espresso bar, Foosball, Multiplayer arcade machine and the Woohoo Bush (not including lot traits, regular traits, Nude Outfit, Emotional Texts, Natural pool colors, Special Bar Nights & Happy Hours, New foods and drinks exclusive to bars, Barista and DJ NPCs, Dance party social event, two new woohoo locations, new aspiration + reward trait, 10 DJ Booth radio stations and the Café lot assignment).
    Besides msot simmers disliking a couple of those, like the Special Bar Nights, the scope of things added with that pack show us that it is possible for a Hobbies EP to have a lot of thigns for us to do. Let's hope I'm right with this one, cuz Get Together also was released in a time where Sims 4 had 2 EP's in the same year before they started the 1 EP per year till Cats and Dogs came out.

@ChampandGirlie I can't see nectar making being added on any of the EP's we had so far. Also, I remember hearing a rumor that Strangerville was used both as a test pack and a way to add a couple of stuff from the first Community Pack Project and some things that have been asked for, like the apocaliptic thing, laptops, military career. But I understand the fear, I'm also afraid we'll not get all of this before Sims 5 comes out. :( #GottaCatchEmAll And, again, lets hope they tackle nectar making and canning on any of the upcoming packs, some of this could work on Farming, but I

@BWOC Being sarcastic doesn't take you anywhere. I'm just trying to think about what makes the more sense. And, well, if you don't think laptops should've been released out of Strangerville... I got say that many people didn't buy the pack for the rest of the stuff but would still want the laptop (which were in other Sims like small/regular/realistic microscopes and telescopes). You have to agree that University wasn't the last thing simmers ask for... We still want Hobbies, Generations (yes, Parenthood wasn't enough) and Farming (and probably Into The Future/Supernatural, but i doubt we'll have a supernatural EP).

Yes, the post is about why I'M going to vote for Happy Haunts. I also left a loophole for anyone who wants to convince me that Happy Haunts still has a chance of being added in other packs.

Would be more tranquilizer, but knowing the community I can see a bunch of people holding on to that as if it was a promise that all the ideas would be released on SPs. EA could be sued for false advertising even if they added them to GP/EP.

@smurfy77 Vegetarians can eat other animal products like eggs and milk, and although I'd like both vegetarian and vegans in my game I really dislike that a lifestyle quirk takes 1 out of 3 trait slots. This trait system is all wrong, the devs shoudl've commited to it like they did in SIms 3.
    edited November 2019
    If anything, we should lobby for two SPs to come out of this.

@ChampandGirlie It would be wonderful if the votes were tied accidentally.
    @Karon - Something with the quote coding got messed up and where it looks like you’re quoting me, your response to me seems to look like something I said. I don’t know if that’s an easy fix on your end, but I did want to point it out.
    I don’t think ranked voting would give the impression that we’re getting more than one SP. The way I understand rank voting is more like this scenario for each voter:
    #1 has a weight of 4 votes
    #2 has a weight of 3 votes
    #3 has a weight of 2 votes
    #4 has a weight of 1 vote
    #5 has a weight of no votes
    This way it’s possible for something to win that more people would buy even if it’s their second choice rather than a bunch of people not buying the SP because no one knew that’s what they were least interested in. I think it would increase sales and still make people happy even if if ended up not being the first choice of the majority.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited November 2019
    I completely agree with the OP. Everything except for Happy Haunts would be better if it was put into a game pack or an expansion pack. I don't want 12 different stuff packs like knitting stuff, tea brewing stuff, wii sports stuff, etc. I want a proper hobbies game pack or expansion pack that gives us more sports that are like Basketball. I'm really disappointed that the soccer balls don't have a net to kick them into, even if we can't get proper games going I'd at least like to be able to have shoot offs with other sims like we did in Sims 3. Sports will only get that kind of detail in a game pack or expansion, and I'd love to see pottery, knitting, etc. added to that.

But I would HATE to have something like Sims 4 Knitting Stuff. That's just Laundry Day Stuff all over again. Don't fall for that kind of money trap again, please. Something like that really doesn't deserve a stuff pack dedicated to it.

I also agree that all of the teas, vegan trait, etc. things should be added to a farming pack. I would love to have a farming pack that has more than just caring for animals. I want animals to be the main focus, but also having things like a canning station, tea brewing, jelly making, etc. would be lovely. I don't want something like that getting nerfed in a stuff pack.

Everything on this list would be better suited for something more than just a stuff pack EXCEPT for Happy Haunts. Even if there are some people that want something like that to be a game pack or better, the reality of it is that won't ever happen. We already have Realm of Magic and Spooky Stuff. If we get any more Occult related things, it'll be a game pack for Werewolves, Faeries, etc. and will only focus on that occult. A Happy Haunts Stuff Pack is the only way for us to see a Fortune Teller, Ghost Buster, etc. idea ever coming to Sims 4.

Yes, I would love to get a Supernatural expansion pack instead or a Ghost game pack that includes Ouija boards, tarot, and a ghost busting career, but that's most likely not gonna happen now that Sims 5 is in production. There's only so many game packs and expansions left that they can make and if I had to choose between tarot and Werewolves/Faeries/other occults, I'd pick a new occult any day since we already have witches and ghosts.

So I really hope Happy Haunts is the stuff pack that will win, because then I can at least make my spellcasters into either a fortune teller, ghost buster, or whatever gameplay feature wins out of those. I'd honestly be happy with any of those items under Happy Haunts winning the gameplay feature, they all sound super fun.

Everything else I want too, but not in a stuff pack. Give us Sims 4 Freetime or a hobbies game pack.
    Post edited by Sheepiling on
    @babajayne I tried to fix the problem, but idk if you're seeing it already or if there's a bug going on with my browser. :s at least you got to read what i wanted to say haha

And, yeah, i get your weight styled rank, its better for the poll. Maybe they are planning on doing that, we never know how the poll will look like (or maybe they are reading this and decide to have it this way?!)

In this post I really didn't want to force anyone to change their opinions or manipulate them, cuz I really want all of that stuff in my game, even the fun-tech stuff (although its not on my priority voting... I would have replaced this option with something generational, like teen SP, elders SP, preteen SP). But at least @Sheepiling got my point, we'll probably have most of this stuff added outside this SP, so... why not give the other different/unique ideas a chance?!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I completely agree with the OP. Everything except for Happy Haunts would be better if it was put into a game pack or an expansion pack. I don't want 12 different stuff packs like knitting stuff, tea brewing stuff, wii sports stuff, etc. I want a proper hobbies game pack or expansion pack that gives us more sports that are like Basketball. I'm really disappointed that the soccer balls don't have a net to kick them into, even if we can't get proper games going I'd at least like to be able to have shoot offs with other sims like we did in Sims 3. Sports will only get that kind of detail in a game pack or expansion, and I'd love to see pottery, knitting, etc. added to that.
    You say sports will get better detail in a expansion or game pack (I agree on game pack) but then you also say we just got soccer and its disappointing and has no net which also came in a expansion lets not forget the failed attempt at basketball we also got in a expansion. Here I'm thinking if a single object or hobby gets its own stuff pack its going to be better than any side feature object we get in a expansion "cough" laundry. Really there are so many hobbies that can be added in a expansion as if knitting is the only hobby @SimGuruLyndsay has already said just because we get knitting does not mean we wont get other hobbies we might just get more if they see the interest is there.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited November 2019
    When I said that I meant a game or expansion pack that's focused on hobbies specifically, not something just thrown in last minute. I also think how they handled basketball is enough for a sims game to be satisfying. Just having the goal to shoot against other sims is enough imo. Just something that's more than just a ball and a rabbit hole.

Also, if we're going to get a hobby expansion or game pack later, I'd much rather have an occult stuff pack instead of having Sims 4 FreeTime + a knitting stuff pack.

Happy Haunts is the only thing that would only be good for a stuff pack, and if it doesn't win we'll likely never see that content implemented since we already have Realm of Magic and none of it would fit well for a werewolves/faeries/etc. game pack.

Everything else could be worked into better packs. They don't really need a stuff pack dedicated to them.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    You say sports will get better detail in a expansion or game pack (I agree on game pack) but then you also say we just got soccer and its disappointing and has no net which also came in a expansion lets not forget the failed attempt at basketball we also got in a expansion. Here I'm thinking if a single object or hobby gets its own stuff pack its going to be better than any side feature object we get in a expansion "cough" laundry. Really there are so many hobbies that can be added in a expansion as if knitting is the only hobby @SimGuruLyndsay has already said just because we get knitting does not mean we wont get other hobbies we might just get more if they see the interest is there.

@ChadSims2 the basketball was good enough for me, the soccerball not so interesting...
  • PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Well summed up! :) I voted for Happy Haunts as well and I rated Ghost Hunter career as my first choice and Grim Reaper career as my second choice. I much prefer the Ghost Hunting though, that would go fantastically with my stories. Another supernatural GP/EP seems unlikely at this point and with this we could at least have 1 paranormal career...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top