Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    Thank you @LuvMySimz
  • WeiriaWeiria Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh another one: My game doesn't seem to be able to get through the 1st loading screen (loading the world) with TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod installed, even though I waited minutes and tested it twice (and had the same result). Without the mod my game loads for a few seconds only.
  • ktgktg Posts: 2 New Member
    Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    ktg wrote: »
    Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me

Did you repair your game after the patch update? Removed complete mods folder to desktop? Deleted thumbnailpackage file and cache files in cache folder? Created new game folder?
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks all!

@Weiria Have you tested KawaiiStacie's iBot mod alone, as the only mod or CC item in your Mods folder? It's not been reported that I see at the moment on her Discord server or on Deaderpool's. Same with the TOOL mod.

@ktg It's possible that you have a corrupted save. Try rolling the save back to recover.

Updated Mods
    roBurky says Fitness Controls is hopefully soon.

Updated Mods: KawaiiStacie edition
    Updated Mods: Triplis editiong
    links here for:
    • Become a Sorcerer
    • Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School
    • Child Traits
    • Teen Traits
    • Toddler Potty Gloat

Reported Fine by
    • KawaiiStacie: My First Farm Animal
    • Zerbu: Go to School
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ktgktg Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="LuvMySimz;c-17311650"][quote="ktg;c-17311635"]Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me[/quote]

Did you repair your game after the patch update? Removed complete mods folder to desktop? Deleted thumbnailpackage file and cache files in cache folder? Created new game folder?[/quote]

Whoops I feel embarrassed , I’m pretty new to the sims community so didn’t know any of this?? I removed the mods folders and deleted the thumbnail package because I saw it on twitter but what do you mean create a new game folder? (Sorry I feel v embarrassed thanks for helping haha)
    edited November 2019
    Updated Mods Reported Fine by
    • MSQSims: All mods not updated
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Pls help me

Did you repair your game after the patch update? Removed complete mods folder to desktop? Deleted thumbnailpackage file and cache files in cache folder? Created new game folder?

Whoops I feel embarrassed , I’m pretty new to the sims community so didn’t know any of this?? I removed the mods folders and deleted the thumbnail package because I saw it on twitter but what do you mean create a new game folder? (Sorry I feel v embarrassed thanks for helping haha)

No need to be. We all started out once.
    Here is a link to find out how.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/How-do-you-reset-your-sims-4-game/td-p/4881948

repairing the game you have to open Origin and right click on your S4 game and click repair.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    Added a Quick Meal Bug Fix & some Foster Family Info:

Foster Family and latest Patch

For those who are wondering if the latest Patch (esp. this part “Households populated in the “Other Households” tab in Manage Worlds can no longer be composed of just a Child.”) affects my Foster Family Mod. I tested ingame with a Toddler & a Child and so far i could not see any Issues.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/189038044868/mod-updateinfo
    Thanks for the info
  • pisceanpassionpisceanpassion Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I just want to note that changing the search type on Mod the Sims is not working for me, so I can only easily find latest new mods, not latest changes to descriptions (for finding mods reported fine by the creator) or latest new files for older mods (for finding updates). My apologies for any resulting delays. When I get a chance I'll look at some of the usual suspects one by one, but that might not happen today.

Thank you so much for tracking everything for us! I'm not sure if you're already aware that you can track all the mods you've downloaded while logged into MTS. While logged into modthesims, go to the far top right corner and click on "My Links" and from there click "My Downloads". On the My Downloads page, there's a table that lists all the mods you've downloaded. You can sort the table by last modified (recently updated), last downloaded, or first uploaded. If you sort by "last modified" then you can quickly find recent updates on all the mods you've downloaded on MTS while logged in. I wish there was an easy way to find changes in description.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    edited November 2019
    1)are CC traits broken? 2)Is there a way for a non-modder simmer to fix CC traits? Because I don't know how some of the earlier traits were made and there were already some out-of -date before this patch? Since with a few exceptions a lot of traits didn't get updated I believe
    6adMCGP.gif
  • YumiSimsYumiSims Posts: 3 New Member
    any updates on more career mods?
  • nbdjznbdjz Posts: 2 New Member
    Nisa's wicked perversions mod is not working anymore. you can go into a save file, select a household and in the following loading screen the game crashes.
    have kijikos accessory eyelashes already been fixed?
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    nbdjz wrote: »
    Nisa's wicked perversions mod is not working anymore. you can go into a save file, select a household and in the following loading screen the game crashes.
    have kijikos accessory eyelashes already been fixed?

Careful. Mentioning that mod here is an invitation to be disciplined.
  • nbdjznbdjz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Careful. Mentioning that mod here is an invitation to be disciplined.

oh sorry, i'm new and didn't know. just wanted to add if anyone else was wondering about this mod
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    nbdjz wrote: »
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Careful. Mentioning that mod here is an invitation to be disciplined.

oh sorry, i'm new and didn't know. just wanted to add if anyone else was wondering about this mod

No worries. I would suggest reading the Forum Rules so your time here isn't short.
    Thanks, @Onyeka001 !

@pisceanpassion Thanks for the tip! There was an easy way to track text updates, but unfortunately it's broken right now, in all my browsers (checked that in case it was a browser issue for some reason). It's tempting to download mods I don't use, at least once, just for that tracking. But that's a lot of mods.

@MadameLee Yes, CC traits are broken. That's recently figured out. I'll add it to p. 1

@YumiSims Most career mods will not be updatable for a while. They rely on Neia's career tool, and she's got a new baby.

Broken Mods
    • trait and career mods (see Updated Mods)

Updated Mods
    Updated Mods: Bienchen edition
    linked from here:
    • Away Actions
    • Bookcase and Storage Chest Don't Share Inventory
    • Less Stinky Green Hygiene
    • No Sickly Grocery
    • Upgrade Beds
    • Less Autonomous Espresso Drinking
    • More Food at Cafe
    Aha! Partial success re-sorting MTS if I log in.

Reported Fine by
    • Ahinana: Custom Color Loading Screen
    • dannywangjo: Faster Guitar/Piano/Violin/DJ Booth/Pipe Organ/Portable Keyboard Writing Song/Lyric, Faster Fish Catching, Spellcaster Perks Free
    • simmytime: Surprise Holidays Be Gone!, Rainproof Electronics!, No bubble blower or talking toilet reactions!, No/Less City Living/Island Living NPC names!

Broken Mods
    • Bloodborne Aspiration (Sresla) --- possibly all custom aspirations?

No Longer Needed
    • Longer Interaction Queue (Rainbow_Brite)
    edited November 2019
    Reported Fine by
    • KawaiiStacie: Lifeguard Job Event, Petsitter Job Event, 100 Baby Challenge, 50 Baby Challenge, BFF Finder Event, Haunted House, Fill In The Blanks, Planet Ogres, Prom Night Event, Sleepover Event, Smarter Homework
    • r3m: Unlock CAS Rewards (Cheat Code)

Updated Mods: KawaiiStacie edition
    links here for:
    @lasummerb Got that one :)
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @lasummerb Got that one :)

Okay cool! Thanks for keeping this list updated! You're a (Sim) lifesaver :D
    edited November 2019
    Updated Mods
    Confirmed Fine by
    • SimRealist: Organic

Broken Mods
    • Private Practice (SimRealist)