Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @ciane Where do I find these sliders for cutains? I would really love to custmize my curtains much more! Do I need a mod?

Yeah there is a mod, you can find it here. modthesims.info/d/512649/shiftable-curtains-base-game-island-paradise.html

Mirrors
    modthesims.info/d/497200/so-many-shiftables-and-a-little-more.html

Nraas Debug Enabler gives you an option per item to raise or lower any object in increments too.

The mod make items shiftable, it's an override on the game items without creating a copy of the items so it's not CC. If someone downloads a lot where you've used the mod the objects stay in place but won't be shiftable for players without the mod.

@Jessabeans Thank you! I appreciate all the links, the mirror mod will be very useful! :) I don't have any mods installed yet, so I will definitely have to pay Mod the Sims a visit.. One of my biggest frustrations, among others, is trying to find the right curtains, the sizes and styles are rarely compatible.. :( I wish the game had more built in resources, I am glad there is a way around that! :)
    edited November 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Has anyone been on a such a roll that they didn't want to go to sleep but did because it's important... then when you wake up all inspiration is gone? I'm there right now. :(
    Or Maybe it's the dentist appointment in an few hours? :lol:

I believe it's definitely the dentist and not your muse taking a break.. I hope your appointment goes well! :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

@Jessabeans Thank you! I appreciate all the links, the mirror mod will be very useful! :) I don't have any mods installed yet, so I will definitely have to pay Mod the Sims a visit.. One of my biggest frustrations, among others, is trying to find the right curtains, the sizes and styles are rarely compatible.. :( I wish the game had more built in resources, I am glad there is a way around that! :)

Me too, I appreciate the community creating mods for many of the games I enjoy. It is frustrating so many of them are things that should have been in the game all along.

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member

Has anyone been on a such a roll that they didn't want to go to sleep but did because it's important... then when you wake up all inspiration is gone? I'm there right now. :(

Oh, no! ALL inspiration gone?! Surely not!!

There were times when I stayed up a bit longer than I should have and times I couldn't bare to shut down the game, so it stayed paused as I slept! BUT, I often lie in bed and think about my builds, so my inspiration is usually more the next morning than it was that night.

And, oh yes, I am very happy that we have such a great modding community. I love the tweaks that mean I don't have to put up with a bad night's sleep, emptying the potty chair every other time when you have quads, and an inability to chat because someone is standing on uneven terrain, etc. Those are the mods I happily place in my game along with "fixes" and sliders.
    edited November 2019
    Oh yeah, there have definitely been times I stayed up too late doing 'one more thing' on a build. I think needing to be up at 6 most mornings has finally broken me of that. I find the most inspiration for sims when I am procrastinating getting other things done. A sinkful of dishes really helps me think of build ideas.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just when I think I'm done, I decided the exterior needs a better paint job and other cosmetic changes. I guess that's what happens, when you have no idea which world the lot should go in the first place. :# Exiting and re-entering game. It's now going at a snails pace.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Rflong7 and @ciane I still play Sims 2 and really enjoy it - the Open for Business gameplay really adds something. I play it in Italian, because I've been learning Italian for the last ahem years :blush: (like 7, and although I can read it quite well now, writing and speaking are waaay harder) and then I can say I'm just going to do some Italian practice...and the fact that it's not Duolingo is neither here nor there.

@Jessabeans Thanks for the picture of the bridge. I showed your walk photos to my husband - he thought they were beautiful, but there was definitely some slight envy there as well!

@Hidehi Poor Angus :'(

Didn't get anything done today - well, anything on the Sims that is! And it's now very definitely bedtime - here's wishing everyone a good and an inspired and a productive day tomorrow <3

Me too, I appreciate the community creating mods for many of the games I enjoy. It is frustrating so many of them are things that should have been in the game all along.

I agree, they should have been in the game to begin with!! I wish EA would provide Simmers with an in house modding, cc workshop...
    Oh yeah, there have definitely been times I stayed up too late doing 'one more thing' on a build. I think needing to be up at 6 most mornings has finally broken me of that. I find the most inspiration for sims when I am procrastinating getting other things done. A sinkful of dishes really helps me think of build ideas.

There is nothing like a pile of dirty dishes for inspiration! I guess that's why I get inspired often.. I just wish I had more time to Sim instead of doing so many "inspirational" activities! :D
    ciane wrote: »

Oh, no! ALL inspiration gone?! Surely not!!

There were times when I stayed up a bit longer than I should have and times I couldn't bare to shut down the game, so it stayed paused as I slept! BUT, I often lie in bed and think about my builds, so my inspiration is usually more the next morning than it was that night.

And, oh yes, I am very happy that we have such a great modding community. I love the tweaks that mean I don't have to put up with a bad night's sleep, emptying the potty chair every other time when you have quads, and an inability to chat because someone is standing on uneven terrain, etc. Those are the mods I happily place in my game along with "fixes" and sliders.

When your Sims have more than one baby aren't you tempted to just get out a birthday cake, I can't deal with more than two.. Does the robo nanny trait chip for plub-bots help with child rearing, I haven't tried it yet, I love the cleaning and cooking trait chip.. Can plumbots help with diaper changes.. That would be an alternative to the birthday cake, maybe..
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @LMC6255 @ciane Thanks! I'm sure I'm just tired. :blush:

@Jessabeans Oh, I can fill up a sink full of dishes. :lol: When I cook I use almost every pot, pan, and accoutrement. Cleaning them~:sigh:

@SamelaRita What a great way to play the game! :cookie:

@Hidehi O.O Aw. :(

I had such a cute moment while testing yesterday. I wish I could share with ya but it would be too revealing. :(

Dentist went well, shopping went well, dinner is done... turning on the game. :mrgreen:
    @LMC6255 - I usually use the birthday cake right away from baby to toddler. The only reason not to use it right away is to improve relationship, and that's easily done when teaching the toddler something or reading to them. I don't use the birthday cake for toddlers until they've finished learning all skills possible, have read all the books, and have improved charisma as much as they can.

@Rflong7 - I'm glad the dentist visit went well. Have fun in game.

You just had to mention dishes, didn't you? Fine, I'll just go brush my teeth and then head back into the kitchen to finish putting the clean dishes away and to scrub those pots and pans that are soaking. I use way too many pots and pans when I cook. One for the sweet potatoes for the dogs. One for the squash and broccoli to add to the pasta. One for the pasta. One for the sauce. There are only four burners on the stove, so I can only have four pots and pans on it at one time. That is the saving grace, right? Luckily the salad all ends up in the same bowl and doesn't need any cooking. Otherwise, I'd never get caught up, would I? Okay, okay. Enough procrastinating. Back to real life work!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Heh. Just thought of a clever name for my lot. :D
    edited November 2019

That's Awesome! I'm blank of mine. :lol:

@ciane Thanks, I need it. :)
    ciane wrote: »
    @LMC6255 - I usually use the birthday cake right away from baby to toddler. The only reason not to use it right away is to improve relationship, and that's easily done when teaching the toddler something or reading to them. I don't use the birthday cake for toddlers until they've finished learning all skills possible, have read all the books, and have improved charisma as much as they can.

@Rflong7 - I'm glad the dentist visit went well. Have fun in game.

You just had to mention dishes, didn't you? Fine, I'll just go brush my teeth and then head back into the kitchen to finish putting the clean dishes away and to scrub those pots and pans that are soaking. I use way too many pots and pans when I cook. One for the sweet potatoes for the dogs. One for the squash and broccoli to add to the pasta. One for the pasta. One for the sauce. There are only four burners on the stove, so I can only have four pots and pans on it at one time. That is the saving grace, right? Luckily the salad all ends up in the same bowl and doesn't need any cooking. Otherwise, I'd never get caught up, would I? Okay, okay. Enough procrastinating. Back to real life work!

I agree I need to have more patience with baby sims.. When my sims first became parents I was expecting one and they had twins.. It was my first time that my sims had children, I usually don't do families, it was overwhelming, it takes a lot of practice and patience.. I guess, the sims does imitate real life in a way.. :# Yes, I would like it if my child sims where better skilled..

Many times when I cook I also use many pots and pans, especially if it's some sort of recipe, or I want more than one side dish.. I can sympathize, and yes I do run out of pans so it is a saving grace.. I also soak them for a while before washing them, it really saves lots of time! I just wish I found more inspiration when I'm doing house work, I tend to find most of my inspiration through magazines or just something I see or remember..

Names! Names! I hadn't even thought of that :# So glad you mentioned it, because now I won't be madly trying to do that at the last minute. Phew!

A sink full of dishes makes me think about going into another room and ignoring them...but yes, the other room does quite often happen to be the one with the Sims on the computer, so I guess it's related really.

edited November 2019
    SamelaRita wrote: »

Names! Names! I hadn't even thought of that :# So glad you mentioned it, because now I won't be madly trying to do that at the last minute. Phew!

A sink full of dishes makes me think about going into another room and ignoring them...but yes, the other room does quite often happen to be the one with the Sims on the computer, so I guess it's related really.

I find thinking of names to be really hard at times.. Lately, I have had to give my builds temporary names till I think of something..

I can relate to that!! Of course, I tend to feel even better if I find the strength to leave the sink empty, that feeling only last a few minutes, before stuff starts to appear in the sink again, so since my room is right next to kitchen and that is where my computer is, I often gravetate towards going there, they are both very related! :)
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    mornin

traveling today, about an hour before my flight takes off

Mom is happily driving and enjoying the greatly improved vision. We spent yesterday in Chicago art the Art Institute .... Wow!!!!!!!
    And the Thorne minitures OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.artic.edu/departments/PC-15/thorne-miniature-rooms

Wishing all a great remainder of the week and the weekend, I'll probably be working this weekend, been off a month kinda broke :p lol I've gotten used to being a person of personal means again.

Hugs
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Say, if someone wanted to build something from a plan, how does one go about making the sims version (spaces/size)? :wink:

I will start with the kitchen and a rough estimate of 3 -ish feet rl = 1 square in game. As to why I start in the kitchen is the floor plans usually indicate counter and appliance placement in addition to doors and windows. From there it's easier to adjust the rest of the floor plan blueprint to game spacing.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    mornin

Mom is happily driving and enjoying the greatly improved vision. We spent yesterday in Chicago art the Art Institute .... Wow!!!!!!!
    And the Thorne minitures OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.artic.edu/departments/PC-15/thorne-miniature-rooms

Wishing all a great remainder of the week and the weekend, I'll probably be working this weekend, been off a month kinda broke :p lol I've gotten used to being a person of personal means again.

Hugs

That is wonderful news!! I am so glad that not only has your mother vision improved, but you all got to enjoy a wonderful day together!! The photos of the Art Miniature Room from the Chicago Art Institute are amazing!! Enjoy your travels, I hope you have a lovely weekend and that your time at work goes well also.. I understand broke, better than you know.. :(
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited November 2019
    DELETED COMMENT
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited November 2019
    Prissy,
    I hope things go well with your Chemo and that you are well-rested after. I've seen family members go through it, so I understand the need to recuperate after. I hope you are responding well to it, you are nearly there right? You started last spring? I wish you the best with it.

Good luck with your livestream, I hope you are feeling better by then.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I hope you are able to enjoy the day and to honor the memory of your mother without letting grief overshadow the joy of the holiday. I understand finding that balance takes time, the absence of family members is always felt the strongest during the holidays.

If anyone else found themselves in a panic, gifting time is not the week of Thanksgiving. It's Sunday, December 1 through Saturday, December 7. I was just worried I had week less than I thought I did so I double checked.
    Awesome miniatures, @Mmdrgntobldrgn. I missed those when I went through the art museum there!
    I too hope your chemo treatment goes well @MsPrissy88.

This morning I was inspired on how to do a build I've been wanting to do, but not sure how to do it. So, I'm happy with how that turned out. Then, I was putting all the presents in the bin and realized I'd left one without wallpaper and not CASted yet. So, I'm further ahead and further behind at the same time. :smiley:
    @MsPrissy88 Thinking good things for you! :cookie:

@Jessabeans I keep checking the dates, too. I'm not worried though, nope, not worried at all. O.o :lol:

@ciane I've noticed many walls that seemed to hide from me. You've reminded to put that on my check list. :+1:

mornin

Hugs

I went there when we were in Chicago in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved the Thorne miniatures (and bought the book to bring back with me, as I might well never get there again).
    They are amazing, aren't they? I was blown away by them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top