Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member

the spare for my pgc Sammie
    uhZplUA.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited November 2019
    Carlotta, the daughter of Carla (who looks like Jamie) and Jose, aged up.
    gVJudUP.jpg
    URwY3AS.jpg
    The nose looks like Jose's. The eye color is Carla's. Not sure about the rest. As so often, it's more visible in the toddler stage, but you can still see it with the child.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan Happy birthday Carlotta. Who does she get her full lips from? Looking forward to seeing her as a teen :)
    I'm wanting to start a fresh generational save but I can't be bothered populating a town myself so am going to try Rapid Immigration soon and then pick and choose from the families generated by it. Wish me luck!
    edited November 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Who does she get her full lips from?
    Good question. Probably Jose. I think his mother Rachael may have those lips. I'll see if I find a pic.
    Edit: Looks like it.
    pv3rKDh.jpg
    Edit2: Given how I made these sims, the actual source is probably Jared Frio.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    It's been a hot minute or so since I played sims 3. I had to start over due to issues with my game, and did a complete regeneration of my sims 3 folder. The only content I never put back, and it's kind of freeing, was my store stuff. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @mikezumi I have never tried rapid immigration before. You would have lots of diversity in your library and sim bin so hopefully you get lots of unique sims :smiley:
    @HillyBeth Good luck with your streamlined game :)

@coco I haven't looked at everyone who has been generated so far but I have seen a few as Mikezumi has wandered around the town to check them out. I am uploading pics of the few she did meet and will post them in a minute. I think it has potential and am looking forward to taking them into CAS for a closer look and for styling because their hair and clothes are definitely not up to my usual standards ;)
    I saw a genie after the town finished populating and saw he had Holloway in his name. I can only assume that he was meant to get his genetics from the Josh/Jason family I had saved to the bin a while back for a move to a fresh town. He was 100% bright blue pudding so perhaps immigration doesn't know how to deal with genies whose genetics have been changed. Jason, the genie in that family, was definitely NOT pudding! :D

Here are the few sims Mikezumi met soon after I started the Rapid Immigration process.

I can't tell who the fair girl gets her genetics from but the dark haired girl is definitely from Beau Merrick or one of his descendants.
    49062476776_e9ae46dcca_o.jpg

This girl had Stockwell in her hyphenated name and the only Stockwell I can think of would be the elder Dean Stockwell I made for @emorrill. I can't say I ever looked at my Dean Stockwell sim as a young sim because I made him as an elder so can't say for sure if she has any of his genetics or not.
    49061966728_3897e5e48e_o.jpg

This sim had Marsters in his name and I can definitely tell he comes from my Spike sim :)
    49062476466_bf7fe3616f_o.jpg

I forgot to take notes of the names of the sims Mikezumi met so I could be wrong but I see Morty in this boy.
    49062476356_9c1c59d5e3_o.jpg

This girl might look nice after a makeover.
    49062476251_44f9ec9e58_o.jpg

I should have got Mikezumi to chat with this boy because I couldn't get a good pic of his face while he was playing his guitar but Mikezumi had already wandered off to play pool and she needed the fun so I let her be.
    49061966163_91bc342d80_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi Looks as if it worked nicely :smile: . How many sims did you generate?
    edited November 2019
    @Turjan I can't remember how many households I chose to populate but I did check the population number before I saved and quit and I think I generated over 30 sims from children through to adults. I imagine many of them will be unusable so I will probably make several saves and then go through them and pick who I want to keep.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2019
    coco wrote: »
    @mikezumi I have never tried rapid immigration before. You would have lots of diversity in your library and sim bin so hopefully you get lots of unique sims :smiley:
    I thought MasterController immigration (rapid or not) only came from the household library not the CAS sim bin. It's been awhile since I used MC immigration though.
    ,,,I can't tell who the fair girl gets her genetics from but ...
    There is an option somewhere in MC where you can turn off automatic name generation. When a new household is immigrated you can see who the names of the sims used to create the sim. Again it's been awhile since I used immigration so I'm not sure of the particulars.

ETA: Another handy feature is naming household(s) you don't want to use in the immigrated sim generation. That way there are not a lot of duplicates or near clones of sims in the household you are playing.
    Bennie Sekemoto, the son of Fiona and Sam.
    92v8VhV.jpg
    9BZswxM.jpg
    He has his dad's eyes, not sure about the rest.
    @cwaddell I am also pretty sure the sims only come from the household library. Fortunately I have many of those! :D
    The sims being generated have hyphenated names which gives me a rough idea of who they are descended from although not completely accurate if my sims' names have been changed by marriage before being added to the Library. I am not worried about clones or near clones because I will be taking all into CAS (and probably tweaking a bit because my taste has changed a lot since the creation of some of the households which span back to my earliest simming days) before saving them to the Library for placement in a new save.

@Turjan Bennie is a really cute child! :)
    edited November 2019
    I noticed that these two sims were married so I took them into CAS first, made some minor adjustments (mostly clothing and traits because their genetics looked fine), and then saved them as a household. I have moved the library file into a new folder for now so that they won't be used in future Rapid Immigrations while I gather enough households for a fresh save. I am actually wondering if it wouldn't have been faster for me to put together households of my own for a fresh save! :D:D:D

Phillip and Julia Frio-Caspian are now just Caspians. I am pretty sure that Phillip's genetics come from a household where Mortimer is married to Connor Frio. I don't know where Julia comes from although she does remind me of one of my versions of Pauline Wan. Somewhere, way back in my early library files, I would have a Billy Caspian household but I can't see his influence in either of these sims.

Phillip (as male and female) looks just like Morty although his nose is a little more hooked.
    49066865972_565b982219_o.jpg
    49066135418_848583c057_o.jpg

Julia (as female and male)
    49066135123_2df4837d50_o.jpg
    49066135178_5266cb92f7_o.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @cwaddell I couldn't remember where MC immigration pulled the genetics from. Thanks for clarifying that it's just the library :smile:
    @mikezumi I can definitely see Morty in Phillip. His features are a lot more defined than Julias so it will be interesting to see how they mix :smile:
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I have a kind of related question. If adult sims use custom sliders, can the kids inherit them, even if the slider is not for child ages?
    @budewarmin My sim kids inherit custom sliders from their parents although the effects of the sliders is not seen until the appropriate age.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    @budewarmin My sim kids inherit custom sliders from their parents although the effects of the sliders is not seen until the appropriate age.

Cool! Thanks :)
    I found another couple which I saved to the Library for use in my new save. Not sure who either is descended from which is good because it means I probably haven't played their genetics in a while (if at all, because I have households of sims I have never played in the Library).

Mickey Daniels as male and female. This is before I changed his hair/clothes.
    49081416541_34dbded673_o.jpg
    49081416411_58cbd9461a_o.jpg

Ada Daniels as female and male. This is after her makeover because the hair she had did her no favours! :D
    49081416101_69ea553147_o.jpg
    49081618312_e4e3401c9f_o.jpg
    I worked on a family generated by Rapid Immigration this morning: Ethan and Antoinette Winchester-Lessen and their daughter Lea. After making a few minor genetic tweaks to the parents, I played with genetics on Lea and she is a nice blend of her parents' new genetics :)

Ethan as male and female
    49087034113_fa34fe1dc0_o.jpg
    49087540561_71b3628c97_o.jpg

Antoinette as female and male
    49087033943_cd00dc078f_o.jpg
    49087754062_9124eaaea6_o.jpg

I didn't take a close up of Lea as she is quite unfortunate looking as a child :D
    49087033628_b4d3dd1236_o.jpg
    Sneak peek of Lea as YA - she will look better after cosmetic makeover
    49087753852_e12ae92a64_o.jpg
    I worked on another Rapid Immigration family this morning. It takes me in excess of an hour to work on a whole family! I really should just start a new save with some of the finished households I have in my Library! :D

Elvis Young-Phoenix was a clone of my young SS (hence the Young in his name). I love my SS but she is NOT genetically viable :D I decided to body swap him with @coco's Logan sim because I haven't played him yet and he's cute :)

Elvis as male and female
    49092463701_3e58ae1557_o.jpg
    49091950823_49a74013c8_o.jpg

Jaime as female and male
    49092662392_37f6632356_o.jpg
    Jaime as male looks particularly bland but I can live with it
    49092463491_f9dcd7b4e7_o.jpg

I used Play with Genetics on Elvis and Jaime's son, Luke, and he ended up being a Logan clone which suits me fine since I don't particularly care for Jaime as a male :) He's a child but here's a sneak peek.
    49091950483_3f8c6dc20c_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi Lots of interesting-looking sims.

I brought part of the family plus Morgana over on vacation (mostly for the teens and children to work on some skills), which brought me to some slight edits for Morgana. I also used "play with genetics" on their son Calvin, because I'm a bit tired of all those Marcus clones.
    Morgana and Marcus:
    gQcdXqS.jpg
    The re-roll I kept for the moment, even if I find those half-closed eyes a bit startling.
    UdN1QCY.jpg
    Not sure what it is, but it looks a bit as if he's unhappy.
    NbxZryh.jpg
    Anyway, at least it's a different look.

What irritated me somewhat is that 95% of the "play with genetics" results had eyes that had the opposite slant of those of Morgana and Marcus, which is the reason I stuck with this one. Not sure what happened there.