Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU & speed 3?

I just realized there's one thing I actually hadn't considered about DU before that might really end up bugging me: does anyone know if speed 3/4 will still work correctly when your sims sleep / go to school while living in dorms? Or will all sims just unnaturally go to sleep when your sims does (bit like C&D)? I really hope I won't be stuck to an overall lower max speed or unnatural sim behavior, because I'm very much looking forward to living in dorms!

Comments

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't think NPCs influence the game speed. When you have a visit sleeping over and your active sim is asleep/working you can fast foward even if the visit is awake. I don't supose dorms would be any different. But that's a pretty fair concern.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmm... that's a good question.

I know we can select speed 3 with visitors on the lot but, in my game, the speed is not as fast as it should be until the visitor leaves or falls asleep.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I know we can select speed 3 with visitors on the lot but, in my game, the speed is not as fast as it should be until the visitor leaves or falls asleep.

Yes, exactly this...that would drive me nuts :/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hmm, possibly it will be capped at speed 3. Heck, whenever my sims' house is hoarded by stray cats, it still stays at 3. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I’m hoping it will. In TS2 it did, the dorm mates still did their own thing, just really fast.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

Same if you bring along a friend on a vacation. High speed 4 only comes when all sims on the lot are sleeping or away.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Good question! I remember in Sims 2 the speed worked as normal (ultra fast) when your Sim went to sleep. The roommates just sped around and did what they do in fast forward. I'm hoping it will work the same.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I'll find out as soon as I'm back.home from my walk with the dog. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yeah, it just worked for me when my sim took a nap. Didn't work until the maid left, however I think that's normal.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    I watched James' recent video and it looks like all the roommates go to sleep. Which isn't great but I prefer it to having to sslog through sleeping every day.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    FYI in case anyone didn't buy it yet and worries about this: it works really well. It's not completely unrealistic and it's also not stuck at lower speed 3. It works a lot better than CL does when there's a festival nearby :D
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I've noticed that if I send my sim to bed at night, the game pushes my roommates to go to sleep. This is really helpful.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Speed 3 is slower then it was since the patch or this pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't think NPCs influence the game speed. When you have a visit sleeping over and your active sim is asleep/working you can fast foward even if the visit is awake. I don't supose dorms would be any different. But that's a pretty fair concern.

No they do. When father winter is here and everybody is sleeping speed 4 works only when he quits.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

No they do. When father winter is here and everybody is sleeping speed 4 works only when he quits.

They definitely do. Maids, butlers, etc. slow everything down until they leave. Although I think I saw a roommate on the computer when it sped up, so maybe it was tweaked recently.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

They definitely do. Maids, butlers, etc. slow everything down until they leave. Although I think I saw a roommate on the computer when it sped up, so maybe it was tweaked recently.

They still sort of need to sleep but they go to sleep somewhat naturally when your sim does - and often if your sim is the kind to stay up late, before he does. Making it appear quite natural :) As opposed to butlers / maids / festivals
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    In my experience, it takes about an hour of in-game sleep before the game catches up and sends everybody else to bed. Then you get a proper 4x speed sleep.

I like to 3x through homework and eating and whatnot, and the NPC dormies definitely slow it way, way, wayyyy down.