Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grey Witches - A Magical Legacy

Comments

• thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I must admit that I came here to check the updates. @Alleenmens If you follow the blog on Wordpress, you can see what's been going on. ;)
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    Then I must go there... Thanks
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited November 2019
    Tagging @Alleenmens @Mikezumi @lanlyn

So the Grey Witches are finally back again! New chapter here :)

I've picked up where I left them, starting out with Granny's bad ending to her important quest...

tgw02-43-15.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
    Just read it... I'm so glad it's back! :smiley: And poor Granny... Hope she will recover soon...
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I got your tag from the other thread. Was so happy to see a new chapter. Gosh, got more questions than answers! lol

I am happy she survived, but oh, my! amnesia and all the other stuff too. Not gonna comment further so as not to throw out spoilers in advance of someone reading. I totally love your characters!

Look forward to some answers...hopefully soon? :smiley:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yay so happy!! :D Good luck to Granny in her recovery.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited November 2019
    @KevinL5275 There's no Taïga in this one, but she'll be back eventually, too! :)

@Alleenmens I'm glad you liked it! :)

@bekkasan Happy you enjoyed the update and thank you for not spoiling ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
    jillbg wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 There's no Taïga in this one, but she'll be back eventually, too! :)

That's ok, I am following along with the whole story. I can't wait for more. Good luck writing it!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Thanks @KevinL5275 :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    edited November 2019
    @jillbg Thanks for the tag! I just finished reading your latest chapter. Awesome!

I liked the different colors you chose for the wagons. Great 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camp. I really enjoy your writing--the details you put into the story. And the pics fit in so well. I got a feel for the characters right away too. Loved the dialog. You did a good job with Granny's amnesia, very realistic. I'm a tarot buff, so I loved that part of the story. And a great idea for helping Granny regain her memory. The hospital scenes were fun too. But poor Granny! The doctor certainly didn't help reassure her. All the bad news about her condition. What a shock for her. All the exciting things going on. I'll be sure to "stay tuned!"
    Thank you, @lanlyn , for your nice feedback! The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camp is by CycloneSue, I just added the furniture and redecorated! She's a very talented creator and I just love her stuff!
    I'm trying to be as realistic as I can, even though I'm right now writing on some chapters taking place in Africa, and I know the Swahili words I've used are probably not conjugated as they should. Well, the most important is to create a certain feeling of a foreign land :)

Tarot is complex, I hope I didn't mix up the notions too much. A friend of mine gave me some councel, but I don't know if the French version correspond to other countries!

I'm glad you enjoyed the update, and I love hearing what you think!
    NymlADp.jpg
    When can we expect a new chapter? I really love your story and the pictures are awesome! <3
    @Alleenmens I'm writing on the next one - between school councils and my 130 students begging for attention... :cold_sweat: Just to say, I hope you'll enjoy it when it's ready and I'm so happy you like it! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    It's always worth it to wait... ;)<3
    edited November 2019
    @jillbg The tarot reading made sense to me. :smile: And anyone that can speak Swahili, conjugated perfectly or not, certainly impresses me! I agree that including just a few foreign words in a story can add a lot of atmosphere to the setting. :)
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @Alleenmens :)

@lanlyn Thanks. It's hard to measure, though - too much and it becomes both difficult and annoying to read :)
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
    The Grey Witches Part II - Chapter 44

Thanksgiving this year is definitely not the same as usual. The weather has turned from rainy and foggy to exceptionally cold, leaving the trees glittering artistically and the roads treachery slippery. It seems like the earth itself has decided to add to the coldness spreading in the hearts of the habitants of Bayou Oaks Mansion.
    There have been no news from Granny since her departure several weeks ago and even Missy is beginning to believe the worst has happened to her sister...

tgw02-44-23-1.jpg

Tagging @emorrill @Alleenmens @lanlyn @KevinL5275 @bekkasan @thuggishsplicer ...
    NymlADp.jpg
    Ooooh, those witches are scary... :o Hopefully Granny get her memory back soon and come back...
    @Alleenmens Yeah, I'm thinking of what they will do about Taïga, too... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @jillbg Thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving at the Old Manor. It really was quite interesting and a fun read. I especially enjoyed Missy's news and the way it came out! I'm a bit worried about Rowan and of course Taiga too. I hope things work out. I sure hope Granny is improving and hurries home. Look forward to the next chapter.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @jillbg : you are the queen of torture! ;)
    Nothing about Granny, nothing about Derek, nothing about Magnus (I thought he had a plan B????), Taiga still without consciousness, Leonardo powerless and not able to brave the council, Missy absend minded and selfish as always, the council witches awfully mean and poor Rowan helplessly overchallenched: is there any torture you´ve left out???? :D

This was a very good read and I´m looking forward for the next chapter!!!
    jillbg wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking of what they will do about Taïga, too... :s

You better already know about Taiga, or we're in trouble here! :D:D:D The suspense is amazing. Wait, how old is Missy anyway? I figured in her 50's... ? Did she use her own magic wand to get pregnant, or Juan's? *giggle*
    edited December 2019
    @jillbg It was good seeing all your sims again despite tense circumstances. Poor Junior out on the wet ground! Missy sure has a lot on her plate right now (no pun intended). She's not used to handling so many domestic responsibilities by herself. "The old crone positively reeks of hairspray and contempt." LOL, I loved that. What a motley group around the Thanksgiving table! A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 witch, a count, a pregnant elder ... and so many nationalities. Such fun characters. And it appears they're all going to be around for a while! I wonder what Phyllis will do to make sure they all stay nearby? The ending sounded a little ominous! Very enjoyable read. :)
    @lanlyn Thank you for your feedback! I'm planning on posting next chapter this weekend, I hope you'll enjoy it as much ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @KevinL5275 I bet she has made good use of all wands she has been handed over the years ;) She's pretty old, in her late 50's, so it's a bit of a miracle. Or magic thanks to the cowplant. Wonder if the dead priest will walk again in the shape of the baby? Have not figured that out yet. I'm kind of excited to see what gender the baby will be - and, with genetics like that, what it will look like...
    NymlADp.jpg