Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    @Marnetti @OEII1001 I think Laundry Day is a great pack, the problem was the way they set up the voting process. We didn't know what Eco Living could get us to... I would never imagine Laundry being encompassed by Eco Living.

I figured that laundry was exactly what we were going to get out of Eco Living. And lo and behold it went from "it's Eco Living", to "laundry will be part of Eco Living", and then finally to "the pack is called Laundry Day". Similarly, I expect knitting. Maybe crochet. Possibly then to quilts. In fact, I have no doubt that we'll eventually see The Sims 4: Wos Wit.

Love the bit of Scottish there at the end " wos wit" 😂
    I hope people can understand that, I feel that I need to write properly on here as someone probably wont understand my slang 😂😂 I speak in a right Scottish accent with the slang and aye I do eat haggis but I cant play the bagpipes or have red hair, I'm blonde lol
  • Moonshine179Moonshine179 Posts: 1 New Member
    Happy Haunts
    Definitely want the haunted option. It would be great if the pack came with an option to appease ghosts when they visit so you don't spend half the next day having to go round fixing all the stuff your nightly visitors break! All the freelancer options seem fun too (even better if they're active careers).
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I was going with the Fun Tech, but I think Happy Haunts would actually be more fun to play with and add some interesting interactions on top of career choices. I don't have ROM and I don't mess with the occult much, but in real life I'd love to ghost hunt and I like that there will be a point to having ghosts in the game besides them annoying my sims.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Currently undecided. I'd have to see the more detailed descriptions once the vote comes up. In addition, only one of the gameplay features for each theme is guaranteed, so that makes things a bit more difficult.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Probably be the very boring arts n crafts but I'd like a fantasy or supernatural sp we have like 11 realistic stuff packs and Spooky Stuff is just Halloween decor and doesn't actually give us anything fantastical. So I'd like and feel us occultists deserve a fantasy SP
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    At this point I believe TS4: Leprechauns & Imps would come close to winning in a poll against a pack that would give us Create-a-World and Create-a-Style.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I’m just not sure yet. I like all the choices in arts and craft, but I also really want a blender, microscope, little telescope and astronomy, some of the things in the Happy Haunts one and the Kinect's toys for kids..... And even some of the sports/ arcade type things look good too, so, I am not really sure yet. I would like to see more information. Like what kind of things you can make from knitting, embroidery, pottery, etc. what you can look at through the microscope, and can children use any of these things, or use anything you can make from them?
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I really want small microscopes and even knitting.. but... I'm pretty sure I'm voting for the Happy Haunts.
    Ghost Hunter, Seance Table and Spirit Board, Psychic Career and Grim Reaper Freelance Career are you kidding? I want them now!

I thought you only got to pick one thing out of the theme you wanted.... not all of them.
    The more I think about the more disappointed I become. Why do we even have to choose? They must know how awesome that haunt stuff is for paranormal players. And if they look around they know how much people want hobbies like arts and craft. So why cant we have both and then everybody's happy? I would even buy both if they made two stuff packs!! :'(

I agree, I could see several stuff packs and/or game packs that I would be excited to buy using a lot of this stuff.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Fun-Tech
    I wouldn't have picked what I did if I'd really known the concepts behind them. Now that I do I'd choose the science one. Yay for desktop microscopes and window sized telescopes. Sorry for spelling. On my phone and I'm a terrible texter
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Definitely Happy Haunts. I love supernatural stuff in my game, and the Grim Reaper career would be something different and new. Arts and Crafts would be my second choice, because more hobbies would be great.... I do wish they would make the top 2 packs! lol.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Self-Care Routines
    I play guy Sims and they are not gonna want to knit. I don't care one bit about ghosts or golf. I like tea and smoothies, though :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AnnoyedAndroidAnnoyedAndroid Posts: 2 New Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I voted for arts and crafts in the poll, but seeing more about them I'm now leaning heavily toward Happy Haunts. I need to increase spooky, and it looks the most fun to me. I'm curious about the others as well, except the self-care one, that one seems boring to me. We'll see on Monday how things shake out I suppose.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I'm going to opt for Arts & Crafts. Personally, I think I'm good on supernatural, science, tech and health stuff, but I wouldn't mind some home arts and crafts, especially if it's stuff like making stained glass windows.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019
    Science & Technology
    At first, I thought I'd go with Happy Haunts but .... Small telescopes, I miss these!! Happy Haunts would be fine too though, just not knitting or a vegan trait ...
  • BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Give me muh arts n crafts!
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Happy Haunts
    akaseven wrote: »
    so a really prefer the house hunt vibes because its a like a little expansion for my occult vibes aka vampires and spellcaster and i really prefer the arts and crafts vibes focusing in a gamepack like free time, or a expansion pack like generations, i supposed if they using this theme now maybe they cant back in the future. (like de plumbots, i think we dont get a expansion time travel to the future in this generation)

@akaseven I don't know if occult life states account for that. We had vampries both in Late Night and in Supernatural in Sims 3, and Servos in Ambitions and plumbots in Into the Future. But thats an occult, not a skill/objects. I think everyone would be mad if they bought the same objects/skill twice.

yes, because of that i dont imagine a futuristic pack because a pack without bots its a kind strange, btw discover university not only brought a hybrid vibe of servo with plumbot like mini robots... so maybe the futuristic pack come a stuff pack or a timetravel pack with something that we haven't seen yet
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy Haunts
    so a really prefer the house hunt vibes because its a like a little expansion for my occult vibes aka vampires and spellcaster and i really prefer the arts and crafts vibes focusing in a gamepack like free time, or a expansion pack like generations, i supposed if they using this theme now maybe they cant back in the future. (like de plumbots, i think we dont get a expansion time travel to the future in this generation)

@akaseven I don't know if occult life states account for that. We had vampries both in Late Night and in Supernatural in Sims 3, and Servos in Ambitions and plumbots in Into the Future. But thats an occult, not a skill/objects. I think everyone would be mad if they bought the same objects/skill twice.

yes, because of that i dont imagine a futuristic pack because a pack without bots its a kind strange, btw discover university not only brought a hybrid vibe of servo with plumbot like mini robots... so maybe the futuristic pack come a stuff pack or a timetravel pack with something that we haven't seen yet

Honestly, I'd have liked the robots to be way more customizable like they were in ITF. DU ones are pretty much the same bot with different colors, isn't it?! Anyway, I don't think this was the pack for it, but maybe they decided to release the bots on DU cuz they don't plan on doing a Into The Future EP. I hope that they at least do a Into The Past one hehe.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    probably the one with the smoothie blender. cause of the irony. my sims tend to enjoy healthy living. i like cookies candy and ice cream. plus i really luke the sound of a blender.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Honestly how can anyone say no to BECOMING THE GRIM REAPER? Reaping sims souls? PLEASE sign me up.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Happy Haunts

Honestly, I'd have liked the robots to be way more customizable like they were in ITF. DU ones are pretty much the same bot with different colors, isn't it?! Anyway, I don't think this was the pack for it, but maybe they decided to release the bots on DU cuz they don't plan on doing a Into The Future EP. I hope that they at least do a Into The Past one hehe.

yes, they are very similar and i agree, i really want a pack to time travel, basically to the past for now... i supposed they focus with tech vibes in DU dont need create a gameplay pack for futuristic theme, in minimum a stuff pack.

i wonder if into the past vibes would be more of a parallel with the medieval sims 3 being able to bring fairies and werewolves
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    How eco-living turned into laundry defies logic.

I didn't realise that people voted for something interesting and instead got simulated laundry! I thought that's what they'd actually chosen!

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Fun-Tech
    I was torn between fun-tech and science and technology but voted fun tech. Looks like it hardly matters which of them I voted for, arts and crafts appears to be winning by a landslide. Just saying, if I were an elder I'd be pretty ticked off that people presume I want to sit around knitting. I'd be sitting around gaming maybe. But there's nothing about being old that makes knitting suddenly a thing. I mean, the people I see actually knitting in coffeeshops are mostly young. Mostly female too, but not old.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I was torn between fun-tech and science and technology but voted fun tech. Looks like it hardly matters which of them I voted for, arts and crafts appears to be winning by a landslide. Just saying, if I were an elder I'd be pretty ticked off that people presume I want to sit around knitting. I'd be sitting around gaming maybe. But there's nothing about being old that makes knitting suddenly a thing. I mean, the people I see actually knitting in coffeeshops are mostly young. Mostly female too, but not old.

hahahah remember, 70/80 years ago there was no gaming devices. Maybe gaming is going to be our generation version of knitting LOL
  • MarkFSimFanMarkFSimFan Posts: 3 New Member
    Arts & Crafts
    To be honest. Arts and crafts is missing from TS4. So it's worth voting in that option.