Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

1234568...Next

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @heidi11576 The major bug has been patched (the most recent patch was Mac only and fixed it, you'll need to give TS4 permission to access your Documents folder, it's a pop-up when you first start the game after you have both Catalina and that patch).

It's been running fine for me since then.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    Hey everyone! You mentioned you wanted to know about this here as well, so heads up that I just posted an update in the AHQ thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/8415105#M17864
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I thought they already required 64 bit on Windows since Cats and Dogs? I know Cats and Dogs require 64-bit windows to run.

I think they also continued support to those who haven't upgraded to a 64 bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I thought they already required 64 bit on Windows since Cats and Dogs? I know Cats and Dogs require 64-bit windows to run.

I think they also continued support to those who haven't upgraded to a 64 bit.

As per the thread that EA_Mai posted, the Legacy Edition that has been provided for 32-bit users will allow all EPs, GPs and SPs that were released prior to DU to be installed and played, whether it will play them well is another matter.
  • lacyklacyk Posts: 2 New Member
    hello everyone!
    im not really understanding the whole Legacy Edition. I was playing my game yesterday when i was notified of an update, i updated but was then notified of the legacy edition.
    im playing on a windows 10 laptop with a 64 bit os and a 64 bit processor.
    im noy sure why im in the category of the legacy edition
  • lacyklacyk Posts: 2 New Member
    hello everyone!
    im not really understanding the whole Legacy Edition. I was playing my game yesterday when i was notified of an update, i updated but was then notified of the legacy edition.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    @lacyk On 64-bit you should be good without the Legacy Edition - are you getting an error message asking you to download it?
    If so, right click on the game, then go to Properties and on Advanced Launch Options make sure 64-bit is selected.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    @lacyk On 64-bit you should be good without the Legacy Edition - are you getting an error message asking you to download it?
    If so, right click on the game, then go to Properties and on Advanced Launch Options make sure 64-bit is selected.

Interesting my advanced launch options don’t say that lol it’s blank
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    lacyk wrote: »
    hello everyone!

I also got a message in origin telling me that the legacy edition is available after the update. It appeared in a banner at the top above the games I have. But I have a 64 bit windows 10 laptop. I ignored the message, booted up the game and played just fine with the update. I clicked the message in origin away with the x button in the top right corner. I thought it was just a message to inform people that the legacy edition is available.