Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Voted Stuff Pack - Let's do this again!

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    So I have one concern with how you guys are going to verify vote accuracy? People who will want to pad numbers , might just create bogus Accounts, pay $5 for the game and vote again. Is it attached with a MAC address or IP? Not saying I will , it’s just I want voting to be fair and not a pay to win your pack. Also, the arts and crafts hands disown with happy haunts coming in second

For somebody to buy multiple sims and make multiple accounts to vote on a stuff pack would be a sight to seee🤣🤣🤣🤣I must get to know this person
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Not going to vote for happy haunts if it only include fortune telling or spirit board. The other choices are tad dissapointinfg, where is the Teen stuff pack?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm voting for Arts and Crafts but it would be Happy Haunts 2nd because it sounds so different.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GuardianoftheAshGuardianoftheAsh Posts: 3 New Member
    My pick is between Arts & Crafts, Science & Technology and Happy Haunts.

Arts & Crafts sounds perfect as is, I hope it also builds on the already-established arts like painting and writing.

Science & Technology would win me if Astronomy included the Star Signs, because its something sorely missed in the game. I would also like to see futuristic items and furniture. Holograms, VR game system for Sims, I'd say hovercrafts but since there are no cars maybe hoverboards. Would also be nice if we could get some more Science Careers like an Engineer or Biologist.

Happy Haunts sounds good except that there are already two forms of Haunted House: an actual Haunted House lot trait and Island Spirits lot trait. I think instead I would prefer a "Psychic" sim trait since there's a Psychic career. A Psychic trait could include things like Clairvoyance, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Levitation and Mediumship.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Arts & Crafts sounds fun!
    u5QGvH3.jpg
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'd love to see a pack for teens.
    They need better ways to handle their phases and get over em fast.
    Interactions involving trusted friends outside household, regarding their phases, could be cool. (some may play teens alone, and can therefor not get help from family, when they struggle with phases.)
    Addition of more phases, that may feel like a boost. It may be a time of unusual clearity of mind f.ex.
    More decorations for teen rooms / homes, including manga inspired stuff, messed up piles of clothes n stuff. posters etc.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    100% Happy Haunts! (Okay, maybe more like, 85% lol, because I do like some features from other pack ideas). I really hope it's Happy Haunts though.. I don't quite remember all the options from last time we did this but I do remember Laundry being my bottom pick (i don't like doing chores, especially in games, lol).
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    So, I was not impressed by how they handled laundry day and its "voting". I'm not sure what to vote on or if it's even worth it. I'll keep looking into it for the time being.
    C0gfE.gif
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    Arts and Crafts hands down!
    owEyOd7.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    sooo....how do console players vote?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Their screwed..?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Their screwed..?

well, that would be pretty typical at this point...but I hope not...I mean, it should be possible to make those surveys show up on consoles too, but we haven't gotten an update since october, unless I missed something.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    Happy Haunts is the one I think that has the most potential out of those choices. I'm wondering how the haunted lot trait would be different to the one that is already in the game though.

Out of curiosity how does the voting work? Is it first past the post, or are there several rounds with the least popular options being eliminated? I didn't participate in the laundry day vote.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I personally like the one with the STEM things in it. Kids, teens, and education are being neglected so I'm all for this one. I think most of the other ones should be in updates not as stuff packs even if the stuff packs are only $10.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited November 2019
    Self-Care Routines

The rest sounds utterly boring to me :s What male Sim (and Simmer) is gonna want to knit and do stitching, etc.?
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Self-Care Routines

The rest sounds utterly boring to me :s What male Sim (and Simmer) is gonna want to knit and do stitching, etc.?

Looking at the number of male knitters on Ravelry, I'm pretty sure there isn't a shortage of them in the world.
    Crafts aren't gender-specific unless one makes them so.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm a bit torn. There's things from all of the themes that I would love to have for my Sims. For instance, always wanted a small telescope and microscope. Plus, I love astronomy!

But, I also like the idea of the Happy Haunts pack since it seems more unique/interesting than the others and it would come with all those freelancer careers. Possible to get graveyards in that pack too.

I'm a very creative person and love the arts, doing crafts, etc. So, that pack sounds like a lot of fun for my Sims. I think y'all had a lot of the things in that pack before in TS3, right? I've never experienced it though, so that would be new and our Sims need more things to do, definitely.

Lastly, the only thing that really interests me about the Self Care pack is the smoothie blender. At the moment that pack is last on my list. I guess I'm going to wait until the vote starts Monday to decide since the Devs said we'll get more details about each one in the description for voting.

Right now I think I'm leaning towards the Science or Happy Haunts packs... I don't know... Hmm... like I said, I'm torn. lol

EDIT:

If I remember correctly, the Devs said all the information and links for voting would be provided on this forum too. It won't just be for those on PCs or Macs. I'm confident console players will be able to vote too! :)
  • GogoTomatoGogoTomato Posts: 17 Member
    Oh wow! Man, I was so down for the arts and craft pack BUT WHEN I SAW Happy Hauntings, I was like yo, the ghost hunter career tho... I have OCs who are ghost hunters and I'd be able to actually make them in the sims... I HAVE to vote for that I'm sorry. But I'd still be happy with the arts and crafts one. I guess I'm just not so keen on the fitness stuff bc we already, like... HAVE fitness stuff... we would just have two fitness stuff packs and it would be weird.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've wanted hobbies for ages, but I'd like to see them in a bigger pack with even more hobbies. However, I would guess that's not in the plans for the next year if it's an option for a new stuff pack.

The self-care and fun-tech packs don't interest me at all - I've got everything my Sims need in those areas from Spa Day. The Sci-Tech would add some new things for my kids, so that sounds better. I'm not all that enthused about Happy Haunts, but I'd probably have some fun with the fortune-teller career. (Really, I'd probably buy any of these packs - there's at least one thing that's worth $10 in each of them. But my heart's set on hobbies.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I like the idea of the Fun Tech one, but I would be very happy if either Happy Haunts or Arts & Crafts won.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • BelphegorCatBelphegorCat Posts: 10 New Member
    While I do just love all the other options, especially Arts & Crafts as well as Science & Technology, Happy Haunts is going to get my vote. For me, I can easily see all the other themes being able to be integrated into other packs (like future game packs and expansion packs), but Happy Haunts probably wouldn't have many options of being integrated into future packs (especially for becoming a Grim Reaper).

Plus, I just really, really love the supernatural, and the idea of being able to become a Grim Reaper of all things is very, very appealing~ Plus, it'd be something entirely new in the Sims (though each theme is bringing something new), since while we've always had the Grim Reaper NPC, we've never been able to be one. I wonder how it would be done (like, do you have to actively find souls to reap, or will you be given notifications to reap?) and what kind of rewards we'll get?

I'm also intrigued by the Psychic Freelancer and the Ghost Hunter (returning from the Sims 3) career. Like with the Grim Reaper, I'm excited to see how they'd be done (and if the Psychic would be getting any cool abilities), and what kind of rewards we'll get! I wonder if this means that ghosts can start becoming aggressive, especially with that Spirit board (and the return of Ghost Hunters)?

I also just want more spooky, gothic clothing and build/buy objects.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts all the way for myself. I could not wait for that one to become a reality!!!!! To be a psychic, or the Grim Reaper, any and all of it! Ghost hunter, I never really tried that in 3 so to try it in this would be more fun! I wonder what the difference in haunted lot trait and haunted house? Hmm maybe the furniture would mysteriously float, that would be cool without having to be haunted or possessed by a ghost! To use the seance table and spirit board, it would be so awesome to call forth a ghost for other sims!
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Where can I find the features of each choice, without watching the video? Are they written down somewhere?
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hello All!
    I've already commented but I was so excited about the Happy Haunts pack idea that i was thinking about what it might feature. For instance, some people are asking about the fact we already have a "haunted" lot trait and I was hoping thinking that maybe the new one could be a lot where instead of some nondescript ghost it will be "catchable" baddie ghosts and in GTW in the science career they have these very ghostbuster-esque outfits that could be refurbished into actual ghost catching outfits (for the career) and with Repo People coming with DA there would probably be some animatimation for sucking furniture and what-not similar to other sims games..that could be the animation for sucking up ghosts, lol. It could be a fun way to maybe, get rid of Rando-Townie ghosts (or maybe it will just be a ghost hang-out spot? Oh! Orr we'll get children ghosts and you could have ghost babies with this trait, like the Ley-line trait?).

...I think i'm too excited, lol, we might not even get this pack :sweat_smile:
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top