Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about the aggrevation that is random generated sims...

Ok.. i am really curious if there is a particular reason why the game is so intent of spawning so many elders! Vampires, but also useless non-vampire elders just infest every single save i create and yeah, i often delete them but they just get instantly replaced with more of them….obviously ALWAYS the hideous pear males and the obese and whacky females but that is food for another discussion i suppose.

but seriously tho: is there a trigger that makes the game pick elders? because i am not fond of dozens of random generated ghosts haunting my every step since the game also loves sending the same old bunch of sims after mine no matter where they go and the majority of those are the same old hideous random generated elder males constantly harrassing my young adult females trying to force romance with them to the point where i have to keep testingcheats on at all time to reset them.

i am so sick and tired of this -.- i HATE random generate sims with a passion not because of their looks but just because the game favors them so heavily over the premades and townies i have created and housed myself… even if i plant 100 sims the game will still pick those 6-7 base random generated sims to stalk my every move no matter where i send my sims!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Take the random generated elder and make them younger instead of deleting them as technically they should have not aged to elders if they are Vampires so if they are brought back to YA the game should not replace them and you should get out of that vicious circle. I say should - I don't know as I have never gotten any elder Vampires. I have gotten a few that look like elders but you check their ages and they are YA's so I just gave them a makeover and gave them back their youth look to match their ages. Vilad is a game Vamp and always looks old - he will always come back eventually so you may as well make him look his YA age if it bothers you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Take the random generated elder and make them younger instead of deleting them as technically they should have not aged to elders if they are Vampires so if they are brought back to YA the game should not replace them and you should get out of that vicious circle. I say should - I don't know as I have never gotten any elder Vampires. I have gotten a few that look like elders but you check their ages and they are YA's so I just gave them a makeover and gave them back their youth look to match their ages. Vilad is a game Vamp and always looks old - he will always come back eventually so you may as well make him look his YA age if it bothers you.

i Always insta delete Vlad because of the uncontrolable hissing stuff so yeah and with Vlad i can stomach it since he is centuries old according to his bio so it makes sense he looks older than your average YA sim :p and mehh deleting them is faster ^_^ it is the non-vampire elders that are the problem tho: the game floods my saves with them and i have no idea what causes the game to spawn so many elders :/ they all will die soon anyways of old age and thus clog the game with ghosts and then the game will just spam new ones. i personally don't even know why the game spawns so many of them since it uses premades for NPC roles like stall vendor bouncers etc anyways -.- all those randoms do is bother my sims all day >.<

still tho, why elders? why not just Young Adults?? they live longer and thus can be used longer by the game to fulfill the role they do (apparantly?? since they never really do anything of use besides bother my sims)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I downloaded NPC Control mod. It has slowed down the generation of new townies drastically in my game.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    The game is coded to spawn a certain amount of Sims of certain types to fill the world; it has done this since release. Idk the exact numbers, but there will always be elders to populate a save unless you take matters to mod it out by suppressing what the game generates. A few mods already do this, including MCCC.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I downloaded NPC Control mod. It has slowed down the generation of new townies drastically in my game.

yeah i am looking into that one atm because the townie spamming is driving me nuts atm and i wager (if i get UNI that is) University will generate even more of them -.- i seriously have no idea why the game loves them so much but yeah...they are like vermin: if enough of them spawn they will dominate your entire game