Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They added COMPUTER SETTINGS and ASSIGNING SIDES OF BED to patch!

2...Next

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just chiming into this to say that, while i knew we were getting the 'assign sides of bed' thing in the patch, i did not expect bed ownership to be visible in build mode. that's actually a handy thing if you're trying to overhaul a whole build at once

3ad05a18d9fcef595e130033c1a23408.jpg
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    This one is my favourite:

„Rare and uncommon harvestables will now be produced at higher rates when splicing“

I‘ve been trying to get that plum pomegranate for months now :s

I need Dragon fruits so badly. Now, my Sims has died, I guess, I'll get her descendent to get one! :'(

Fish in Magnolia promenade if you have GTW, Dragon Fruit is pretty common there.

Or go to the Spice Festival if you have City Living.

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    They did that but forgot about coffins :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Drakos wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    This one is my favourite:

„Rare and uncommon harvestables will now be produced at higher rates when splicing“

I‘ve been trying to get that plum pomegranate for months now :s

I need Dragon fruits so badly. Now, my Sims has died, I guess, I'll get her descendent to get one! :'(

Fish in Magnolia promenade if you have GTW, Dragon Fruit is pretty common there.

Or go to the Spice Festival if you have City Living.

From what i'm told about that festival, those "perfect" plants once picked revert to "normal" quality seeds, something about a bug or a glitch that wasn't resolved.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17306548#Comment_17306548

Two posts under mine is one created by @Karababy52
  • ls2177ls2177 Posts: 10 New Member
    I wonder why it took them so long after the mods have been out to make the features official in the game... this is something that should have been included since only the base game came out.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2019
    Do the computers assigned to only one Sim reset after traveling to another lot? I signed the computer only for one Sim and when she traveled to another lot and back home her teenage son was using her computer. I signed it back again to her and the next day the same thing happened again.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    A small thing fixed that used to bug me was seeing my teapots with that steamy green smoke coming out even when they weren't dirty. Love this new update, the beds, the computers, the plants and can't wait for my sims to get bicycles when I have DU.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Is it just me or do completed aspirations not have the tick anymore??
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yay, two more mods I can delete. I had one for the beds and another to lock other Sims out of the computers. Plus, in DU, there will be new storage crates with their own inventories so we can use them for collectibles and label them. If I heard correctly ownership can also be assigned and these crates do not share inventories at all. Having one place for each of the collections is going to make life much easier.

Right? I can get rid of the crate mod and lockable computers mod.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Another thing I've noticed about the updated game - they aren't drinking water all the time! It's a miracle! :)
    Yes, drove me bonkers as well. Particularly when vampires did it. How can they have a need for water?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Yes! I remember when two of my Sims decided to get married at home and I wasted several in-game hours trying to drag the two out-of-household guests away from the computer (in the end, I had to put it away, XD). Looks like I won't have to worry about that again! :D

And have spellcaster eyes been fixed? (I haven't bought ROM yet, but I probably will next time it's on special.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @kimmer when a lot is being loaded, sims will ignore restrictions like that... as soon as the sim gets off the computer for any reason, they'll be unable to get back on it
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I didn't think this patch was going to add mu h until I started playing. Assigning bed sides is so cool! Adds a bit more realism to the game.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yay, I can get rid of the mod to lock the computer. :) This year's patches are really doing well. I hope they fix the supernatural eyes one day though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I very much like the change to computers. bed sides I'm not so fussed about but I guess it's cool?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @kimmer when a lot is being loaded, sims will ignore restrictions like that... as soon as the sim gets off the computer for any reason, they'll be unable to get back on it

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about this.
    It seems that the teenager is obsessed with his mom's computer, even if he has a similar one in his own room. After the patch he's been using his mom's computer every time he's been home alone and I thought that locking it wasn't working.
    edited November 2019
    I hope that the decision to assign sides of the bed will also result in a future pack that lets us assign specific seats to sims at the dining room table, or on the sofa. I don't know about other people but in my house we tend to have "our" seats that we gravitate towards in most circumstances. It might also cut down on the seat hopping whilst having dinner parties!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I hope that the decision to assign sides of the bed will also result in a future pack that lets us assign specific seats to sims at the dining room table, or on the sofa. I don't know about other people but in my house we tend to have "our" seats that we gravitate towards in most circumstances. It might also cut down on the seat hopping whilst having dinner parties!

I love this idea. Also, I swear that my sims were sitting down to dinner and actually staying there after the update!
    alan650111 wrote: »

I love this idea. Also, I swear that my sims were sitting down to dinner and actually staying there after the update!

Great, I need to give that a try,
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Mine got up to greet each other even though they woke up together. Guess that’s one mod I’ll be putting back in lol.
  • maluutmaluut Posts: 3 New Member
    I've noticed that when visiting other lots and returning to my household the beds which were assigned are no long claimed and need to be re-claimed. Is this a known issue?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wish we could assign seats in bars so sims would sit together wherever you want them and not all hog the bar.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    As for seating, I'd wish they kept seated instead of standing up and petting/kissing the dog mid-meal...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.