Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hemingways - A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge (12/04/2019) *ENDED*

QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
Hey!

As a fan of TS4 challenges I just have to try the Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge. It's like a Legacy Challenge but with different rules. You can find out more about it here.

I'm not sure how close I will follow the rules this time. This will not be about scoring, there will be no weird jokes (just as weird as my humor) but a real story. At least I'll try my best to make it a real story.

You find the story on my new blog, here. But I will also link each new chapter on this thread.

Post edited by Queenarella on

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    The first chapter is finally here :) I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 1.1
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Eeee! I like Stephan. I think he’s going to be a great founder!
    Thank you :) I named him after a real person. Well, Stephan, not Hemingway :sweat_smile:
    Hemingway wasn’t a real person? 😝
    :joy: That's what happens when you change a sentence in your mind before you write it down :D A real person I know in person :p
    :joy: That's what happens when you change a sentence in your mind before you write it down :D A real person I know in person :p

Hahaha! Just teasing ya! <3

Hahaha! Just teasing ya! <3

But you were right :p
    edited November 2019
    Chapter 1.2

It took longer than expected to publish this one. The plan was - and still is - to only bring out a new chapter each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I forgot about it on Monday tho :joy:

I hope it's worth the wait :)

Chapter 1.3

I decided to publish the next one, too, to make up for the lack on Monday :)

Next one will come on Friday.
    Post edited by Queenarella on
    edited November 2019
    Stephan is doing so well out in the no where lands of Newcrest!

And Sofia is so cute!
    Is one of her traits erratic?

Your prose is really captivating. You’re doing a great job of getting in Stephan’s head. It makes the story and world feel more real.
    He tries his best. His garden is really good by now. He even has a greenhouse.

She is! I wanted to make a spouse for Stephan and the sim that popped up in CAS was handsome (yes, a man). I changed him to female and there she was ^^
    No, it's just a part of the story :sweat_smile: Her traits might come out during the story later, maybe :D

Thank you so much! <3
    He tries his best. His garden is really good by now. He even has a greenhouse.

She is! I wanted to make a spouse for Stephan and the sim that popped up in CAS was handsome (yes, a man). I changed him to female and there she was ^^
    No, it's just a part of the story :sweat_smile: Her traits might come out during the story later, maybe :D

Thank you so much! <3

I like gardening sims. Oh yeah, they fixed the splicing in the last patch, so you should be able to get the rare plants now.

That is so cool! She’s so cute. Her makes her look different than a generic pretty girl, but still really attractive.

They are such a cute couple. I look forward to the next chapters then!
    I usually avoid gardening sims. But it’s a must to have the aspiration in generation 1.

Somehow I managed to get the dragonfruit before the patch was released. I still struggle to grow an orchid tho. And I have 2 tricks to evolve them faster. I put the bees in the middle of the greenhouse. Sometimes they pollinate by themselves and once a day Stephan collects the bees and lets them pollinate the plants. And every 4 sim days you can fertilize the plants. When you use products you can sell for 50+ simoleons the fertilizing boosts a lot. Stephan is still a young adult (8 days left) and half of the plants are excellent by now, a few close to the next step :)

She’s completely Make-up free, too. My female sims always wear makeup 😅 she doesn’t need it. Only cc eyelashes 💁🏻‍♀️

She’s not his spouse tho
    Yet 😂
    Oh geez! I’m impressed!

Those tips are a life savor when it comes to gardening. The bees are so useful and actually such a cute addition to the garden.

I’m scared of bees irl, but love them in game.

Sim girls usually need makeup! Sofia looks good without it though.
    The bees can be cute. Lately, they sting Stephan every time he tries to tend the garden :joy:

The lot this all happens already had tons of bees flying around before Seasons came out. It's the only lot I've found them tho.

Real bees are cute as long as you don't scare them. A lot of people can't tell them apart from wasps. I hate wasps. Wasps hate everyone :D

For a certain event I had her wear makeup. She looks better without it.
    Wasps are the worst! Where I live there’s like at least four different types of wasps and they are all awful!

Oooh, I’m curious to see her all made up!
    Wasps are the symbol of hate :D

That'll take some time tho :sweat_smile:
    New chapter :)Chapter 1.4

I almost forgot it's Friday :D
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Can't wait for the next chapter!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the next chapter!

The next one comes on Monday :) The schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday :)
    Loved the last chapter. Sofia is adorable and just a little spur of the moment. That's adorable and so what Stephan needed.
    Loved the last chapter. Sofia is adorable and just a little spur of the moment. That's adorable and so what Stephan needed.

She’s different from the girls he knew in the city. He likes that a lot :)
    Chapter 1.5

The first little change of perspective :) And maybe some drama?
    Very drama! I’m predicting:
    Sofia ran away from an abusive boyfriend?
    Maybe, maybe not 😝 the little secret will be revealed on Wednesday :)
    Meanie! The antici...

..... pation. Is gonna get me!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295a10323e92831ce58ce0cb33ebf830002bf0586f&rid=giphy.gif