The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I pick Arts & Crafts by excluding the other options.

We already have Self-Care Routines in Spa Day. What else could they add that will bring a difference to this pack?

I have no idea what's meant by Fun-Tech but I guess some kind of gaming stuff? My sims already spend too much time on the computer (just like me :# )

Science & Technology sounds A LOT like what'll get in DU. If this is picked there will probably be an uproar similar (or maybe worse) than with My First Pet. Also, I'm not into science and technology.

I had to ask a friend what's meant by Happy Haunt. She thinks it's some kind of ghost hunting, probably. I'm simply not interested in it.

With Arts & Crafts there are the most possiblities to add new things that aren't too similar to stuff we already have in the game, at least imo. Arts can include more instruments, crafts can include a lot of skills I can't even imagine :D

None of these options are on my "TS4 wishlist", mainly because I don't have one :joy: You can't be disappointed when you have no expectations. I even didn't care about My First Pet :sweat_smile:
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I'm voting for Happy Haunts. The careers sound fun, and I love paranormal stuff in the Sims.

Sadly, I have a feeling the same people who wanted laundry will vote for knitting(watch your Sim sit for hours on end! unlock new socks!), so Arts & Crafts will probably win.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Most likely. Or arts and crafts. I am not sure yet.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Science & Technology
    I like Science & Technology for my Aliens & Scientists.
    I also like Happy Haunts for my 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Spellcasters & Vampires.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    The more I think about the more disappointed I become. Why do we even have to choose? They must know how awesome that haunt stuff is for paranormal players. And if they look around they know how much people want hobbies like arts and craft. So why cant we have both and then everybody's happy? I would even buy both if they made two stuff packs!! :'(
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    • This is the one that I'm most likely to go with I think. It's quite a broad theme and there's a lot that could come under it, so it may be a great hobby pack. However, if it's a theme that focuses more on arts and crafts for children then I won't be interested.

Self-Care Routines
    • I wouldn't mind the idea of different gym equipment (so exercise bikes, elliptical trainers etc) but since we already have a fitness pack and a spa pack, this theme is pretty much covered for the most part. Maybe they could incorporate new gym equipment in other packs.

Fun Tech
    • I love this idea purely because I enjoy the geeky side to tech IRL, but for a theme like this to work, it would have to be something completely different to what we already have in game. VR headsets could be interesting, but this is the only thing I can think of that I'd like to see.

Science & Technology
    • This could be a good pack to expand on the Off The Grid lot trait. It could include a different way of generating electricity such as solar panels and ways to produce water such as a water pump. I also really like the astronomy idea, it would be cool to get an astronomy career.

Happy Haunts
    • Probably the most unique on the list and it seems like the theme that would be the most entertaining. The Grim Reaper Freelance Career made me laugh when they showed it on the livestream.

Overall, there are aspects that I like the sound of from each of these themes, so it's hard for me to pick just one. It'll help when I see the full list of ideas that come with each theme so I'll wait until then.

I'm just hoping that the community doesn't vote on more boring, domestic household chores again. Yes, I'm looking at you Laundry Day. :D
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I said arts and crafts at first but after reading more I really want the happy Haunts.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    Definitely Arts and Crafts... and I would hope that the playable items/activities would be (in order of preference) pottery, knitting, and glassblowing.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I already knew what the majority of votes would be. It is obvious the game is lacking in activities, special interests for our sims and especially for ALL ages and not just YA or up.

They need to make all new features available for every life stage and if it would be inappropriate that they can include a replacement. being left out is never a good idea. And because of that we have ended up with undefined kids (or elders) in our game.

I did like the space and science theme as well, but I would like to see this combined with the art and crafts pack and turn it into a hobby pack.
    I would love to be able to make my space camp for kids in Outdoor Retreat and include these items and new activities in there. But I also would like to adjust my craft workshop where sims can hold their club visits and work on their crafting skills or a place for my sims to use as a functioning office and make some money out of the items they or their club members made. WOULD BE GREAT!

Anything that adds more gameplay and possibilities in this game!

• AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    The last thing I have to say about all of this is that it just seems to me that the placement of the packs is pretty fitting for the way things generally go with the sims from a development standpoint

Arts and Crafts is first, the realism pack with all the things that realism players want and that would probably be added to the game no matter what.

A few in betweens

Then "last but (allegedly) not least" is Happy Haunts which is the Occult themed stuff which if it isn't begged for may never get added in spite of the fact that it has a lot of votes as well

Honestly I would prefer it if this voting got a "top two" treatment where it was the top two picks that got the go ahead, one for realism and one for occults.

Then they could have two polls going for what people are looking for in those packs and just release the one that got more votes first then they could do the second one.

Especially since I notice that a lot of arts and crafts people are actually torn between arts and crafts and happy haunts.

Honestly I'd like to see both packs added, I'd buy them both since both have things I want included in them.

It just seems to me that the best way to cater to the entire fanbase would be to take in to account that there is usually about a 50/50 split in what people want and work off of that.

Side Note: I'd admittedly like to see some more science and technology added too, I'm still hoping for a futuristic/alien pack later down the line that has those things, aliens could really use some love.

• Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    It feels like a lot of people are forgetting that they said they would pick the top theme but also within that theme, they would build the stuff pack around the top FEATURE in that theme. So while I would love most of these packs as the complete list of possible features, it's almost certain that whatever theme wins the vote will not contain everything listed.

I'm dying for more hobbies and things for my sims to make, and I would love anything under the arts and crafts category, but I'd not be terribly upset if the Haunts won the vote, depending on which feature won along with it. =]
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Happy Haunts for me.

I would love for my sims to be ghost hunters (especially considering ghosts are a reality in the Sims). The Grim Reaper career sounds interesting, too.

That being said, I don't see a supernatural-themed pack winning a community vote. I still wish they would make a proper Supernatural expansion to satisfy all of our occult needs.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I can't vote yet, I need more detail. Like last time there were things that are interesting in each theme. I am glad they are giving the description of game play and object with the theme this time - I mean who would have thought eco meant laundry?
    I want more hobbies for sure, more careers and occult careers would be awesome too. We already have a vegetation trait so why a vegan? BUT I want/ need the blender lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    Happy Haunts for me.

I would love for my sims to be ghost hunters (especially considering ghosts are a reality in the Sims). The Grim Reaper career sounds interesting, too.

That being said, I don't see a supernatural-themed pack winning a community vote. I still wish they would make a proper Supernatural expansion to satisfy all of our occult needs.

Same honestly, we are overdue for an occult expansion, frankly If they did that I'd never need anything again, then I'd just buy whatever else came out for fun.

Its /painful/ being barely drip fed occult stuff while realism players get.. how many full on expansions now?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I’m absolutely useless at almost any crafts irl, so that’s something to experience vicariously through my generic model sims. If I wanted to wear a tracking device and live off of green smoothies I could probably do that without repeatedly stabbing myself with a needle.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Derella wrote: »
    I'm voting for Happy Haunts. The careers sound fun, and I love paranormal stuff in the Sims.

Sadly, I have a feeling the same people who wanted laundry will vote for knitting(watch your Sim sit for hours on end! unlock new socks!), so Arts & Crafts will probably win.

i'm hoping if that one wins it will be more elder focused, with a rocking chair, and then your sim can knit an imaginary best friend from sims 3. i think that would bring an all around good stuff pack that i would definitely buy.

voting for happy haunts tho.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I want some hobbies for my sims. Maybe even some crats as well. Hopefully this will help my elders not be so bored.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I'm torn between Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts at the moment. I think I am leaning more towards Arts & Crafts though. I just really want embroidery as a hobby for my medieval vampire. I also really want a ghost update and ghost/occult hunter career though...and Fun Tech has exercise bikes, which I really want too. It is so hard to choose! I hope it will be easier to decide once we have more information.
  • FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    Haunts just sounds like the most useful pack to me, like a juice blender or knitting like ok....
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    My concern with making hobbies an SP is the amount of content. We typically get one gameplay item with an SP. I'd want hobbies to be a GP so we could get more. Then again, whatever wins won't be available again so if hobbies doesn't win we probably won't see it.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Happy Haunts
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Derella wrote: »

i'm hoping if that one wins it will be more elder focused, with a rocking chair, and then your sim can knit an imaginary best friend from sims 3. i think that would bring an all around good stuff pack that i would definitely buy.

voting for happy haunts tho.

This is a brilliant idea!
    #Team Occult
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I want art and crafts but I definitely did not vote for laundry. I said for years that I was never going to buy that pack and it's only recently that I decided that I do want to get it (next time I see it on sale) to go with my Victorian themed save. I lean towards realism in most saves but I adore spellcaster/witches and play other occults now and then as well. There are probably a lot of people like me who have a foot in both the realism and occult camps.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,181 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I switched my vote for this poll thread mostly because undecided lol. I wish there was a way to see ahead what gameplay we actually will get out of the choices for each pack. I don't want crafts if my sims only get glass blowing and same with hauntings and only maybe getting the reaper career. Now if they would only include everything it would be much easier to decide. I think.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I thought Happy Haunts sounded like a lot of mischievous fun, but I'm having a hard time imagining what actual stuff would go with it. So, Arts&Crafts is also a nice option for me, since I do that a lot in real life.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Happy Haunts
    There is something I want in each of those descriptions, so I probably need to read more details to decide. Happy haunts sounds like it could go in a game pack with a new supernatural type, but then it would take resources from that new occult, so maybe this is better.