March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Tiipii, you are welcome! Awesome that you are going to use my lot.

@vihisha, thank you <3
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    I JUST found this challenge recently, and having finished my 100 Baby Challenge, I decided to give it a try.

I'm blogging and keeping score on my personal Sims blog, here.

More specifically, the House 001 index is here. I've updated to Chapter 2, but have planned two more chapters before moving onto House 002.

This is my Drifter, btw, Austin Caine. He is a failed Spellcaster, who has been charged to save the devastated town of Oasis Springs by any means necessary, raise a family and (hopefully) earn his Spellcraft.

10-08-19_4-23-24-PM-1024x576.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I also only discovered this challenge recently. I love the combination of building and gameplay. The variety of challenges makes me try out lots of different aspects of the game. Thank you so much for creating it. I have never moved beyond gen 2 before and I have played for a long time!

My first 5 generations: Beatrix, Adam, Bondi, Clovelly and Dee Why. Gen 6 heir is a child named Earlwood. Iam really looking forward to the mansion build and the bachelor style challenge in gen 7.

UB62aHd.png?1
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I also only discovered this challenge recently. I love the combination of building and gameplay. The variety of challenges makes me try out lots of different aspects of the game. Thank you so much for creating it. I have never moved beyond gen 2 before and I have played for a long time!

I like the mini-challenge structure of this one, too. And like you, I branched out from my usual style of build for House 001.

I did the 100 Baby Challenge before this one, and before that, the Build Newcrest Challenge, which doesn't appear to be updated for newer packs, but I found it held up well, all the same. That's another one with a building goal and a generational goal, but not as complex as this one. I enjoyed that one, though, so I think that's what brought me to this one.

Also, @Becka28 , I think Beatrix is beautiful! :smile:

@Vihisha asking for a friend... what happens if your current Drifter dies before your Heir becomes YA? She's completed the Requirements for the House she's working on but the Heir is not YA yet and her Drifter just died Fail or or No?
    @chillyzgrrl @Vihisha, to answer your question; it is NOT a fail. If all house requirements are completed you can just keep playing. You just can't controll anyone (unless the rules of that specific house challenge say otherwise)
    @Becka28 I love the overview of your generations! <3

@chillyzgrrl, I still want to do the Build Newcrest Challenge. Did you enjoy it?
    @illusie thank you! I didn't think it would be a fail, but I wasn't sure.
    illusie wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl, I still want to do the Build Newcrest Challenge. Did you enjoy it?

I did enjoy it very much! It's shorter than this one, and you're only allowed in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade, but a lot of fun.

Thanks @chillyzgrrl. I think I'll save the Build Necrest Challenge for when I finish the drifter challenge.
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    @Becka28 Your Sims look very nice.

This challenge looks nice.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @SimCave Thank you for your comment. It is a fun challenge and it makes you learn many different parts of the game. It is challenging to not control all the sims and only control one but you get to see the funny autonomous things they do.

@illusie thankyou. I hope to finish gen 5 soon. Then I have the mansion build followed by the batchelor/batchelorette challenge which I am excited about.

@chillyzgrrl the newcrest challenge sounds like something good to do after the DRifter one. Thanks for your comment on Beatrix - she is the granddaughter of my favourite sim and I thought she would set the generations off with good genetics. I haven't had the main sim die before the heir was old enough but I have come close a couple of times.
    > @Becka28 said:
    > @SimCave Thank you for your comment. It is a fun challenge and it makes you learn many different parts of the game. It is challenging to not control all the sims and only control one but you get to see the funny autonomous things they do.

-------
    I made a Sim, Maria Lion. She is not very good at fishing yet. She's going to go hungry if she doesn't learn quick. :p
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited November 2019
    @chillyzgrrl Welcome to The Drifter Challenge!! I'm so glad you've found your way here! :) I love your Drifter and the background you've given him and everything! I absolutely love your storytelling and cannot wait to read more as you progress!

@Becka28 That is so awesome that you've been able to play so many generations and having so much fun playing The Drifter Challenge!! I love hearing things like this! :)
    @Vihisha asking for a friend... what happens if your current Drifter dies before your Heir becomes YA? She's completed the Requirements for the House she's working on but the Heir is not YA yet and her Drifter just died Fail or or No?
    I legit snickered when I read this :p hee hee...asking for a friend!

@illusie THX for answering...I'm still not here as much as I probably should be, and it's nice knowing that you're here to help out!

@SimCave Welcome to The Drifter Challenge! I hope Maria gains her skill fast...don't want your Drifter struggling too much! :o
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha Thanks! She's learning. Slowly. She makes poor meals and poor paintings now and is catching fish but we have an enclosed bathroom and a roommate! I say that's doing very well.
    Having walls up and some company on the lot...I'd say she's well on her way! :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Becka28 wrote: »

@chillyzgrrl the newcrest challenge sounds like something good to do after the DRifter one. Thanks for your comment on Beatrix - she is the granddaughter of my favourite sim and I thought she would set the generations off with good genetics.

I especially like the idea of a different challenge/theme for each lot, and Newcrest, like this challenge, has a different goal each lot. My only complaint is that the Newcrest in my game rains/snows/storms a LOT and it got overwhelming at times.

It's fun to start a challenge with a Sim you like :smile:

Vihisha wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl Welcome to The Drifter Challenge!! I'm so glad you've found your way here! :) I love your Drifter and the background you've given him and everything! I absolutely love your storytelling and cannot wait to read more as you progress!

Thank you so much, @Vihisha I always try to come up with a good backstory for my Sims because otherwise it's just plopping them into a lot and playing and they have no personality. LOL.

I'm glad you like my storytelling. It tends to be light on pics sometimes because I get so immersed in the game that I forget to take pictures and wind up with a whole bunch of birthday pics and little else. I think the last chapter I posted was mostly birthdays, so there's a good example. LOL.

Vihisha wrote: »
    I legit snickered when I read this :p hee hee...asking for a friend!

I introduced this challenge to a group of friends. I think I'm the only one blogging a story for it, but there's 3 of us doing it now, and she isn't on the forums. We're having a blast sharing events and complaining about Seasons and Glitches in House 2. :smiley:

• cdpenginscdpengins Posts: 1 New Member
    > @chillyzgrrl said:
    > I introduced this challenge to a group of friends. I think I'm the only one blogging a story for it, but there's 3 of us doing it now, and she isn't on the forums. We're having a blast sharing events and complaining about Seasons and Glitches in House 2. :smiley:

"He" actually, and I finally remembered my password for this forum! :smiley: I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot since @chillyzgrrl shared it with our group. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures so blogging is out of the question for me most of the time. I'm on house 4 now and have just now finished the objectives for that gen, so I'm waiting on the Heir to grow up so I can get started on gen 5.

My Gen 3 Drifter died on the same day his Heir was due to age to YA, so I figured that it wasn't a huge deal since the objectives were already met. Didn't play her until move out other than to have her use a birthday cake. I was mostly wondering how to deal with it for future generations because sometimes it can take a while to meet a suitable mate (like an alien for house 4!).

The mini-challenge aspect of this really appeals to me because in general I like small families and tend to focus on one Sim for the most part. I don't generally like to deal with multiple generations in the same house because it gets too hectic for my tastes. Not directly controlling toddlers is really driving me nuts, though. They frequently end up near starvation because they just won't grab the plate of perfectly acceptable food I drop in front of them within a reasonable amount of time.
    cdpengins wrote: »
    >

"He" actually, and I finally remembered my password for this forum! :smiley:

Ooops! I hate to say it, but at the time I made this comment, I thought CeeCee was one who was asking. My brain is so mixed up sometimes.

I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot since @chillyzgrrl shared it with our group. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures so blogging is out of the question for me most of the time. I'm on house 4 now and have just now finished the objectives for that gen, so I'm waiting on the Heir to grow up so I can get started on gen 5..

I'm still on House 003, but I covered why on FB earlier. Also, I'm taking this week off playing to muck around with University.

> @chillyzgrrl said:
    > I introduced this challenge to a group of friends. I think I'm the only one blogging a story for it, but there's 3 of us doing it now, and she isn't on the forums. We're having a blast sharing events and complaining about Seasons and Glitches in House 2. :smiley:

"He" actually, and I finally remembered my password for this forum! :smiley: I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot since @chillyzgrrl shared it with our group. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures so blogging is out of the question for me most of the time. I'm on house 4 now and have just now finished the objectives for that gen, so I'm waiting on the Heir to grow up so I can get started on gen 5.

My Gen 3 Drifter died on the same day his Heir was due to age to YA, so I figured that it wasn't a huge deal since the objectives were already met. Didn't play her until move out other than to have her use a birthday cake. I was mostly wondering how to deal with it for future generations because sometimes it can take a while to meet a suitable mate (like an alien for house 4!).

The mini-challenge aspect of this really appeals to me because in general I like small families and tend to focus on one Sim for the most part. I don't generally like to deal with multiple generations in the same house because it gets too hectic for my tastes. Not directly controlling toddlers is really driving me nuts, though. They frequently end up near starvation because they just won't grab the plate of perfectly acceptable food I drop in front of them within a reasonable amount of time.

Welcome back to the forums!! :)
    You played out Gen 3 correctly...you just sit back and watch the show if your playable sim(s) die and all other goals are already met. FYI House 004 isn't requiring that you marry the Alien Sim...just that they move onto you Home Lot! ;)
    Sry you're struggling with your Toddlers not eating when they are supposed to...apparently it was a bug that was supposed to have been fixed in the latest Patch that came through, so hopefully you won't have to deal with that anymore. Try dragging the serving into their personal inventory and see if that helps as well!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    >

"He" actually, and I finally remembered my password for this forum! :smiley:

Ooops! I hate to say it, but at the time I made this comment, I thought CeeCee was one who was asking. My brain is so mixed up sometimes.
    I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot since @chillyzgrrl shared it with our group. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures so blogging is out of the question for me most of the time. I'm on house 4 now and have just now finished the objectives for that gen, so I'm waiting on the Heir to grow up so I can get started on gen 5..

I'm still on House 003, but I covered why on FB earlier. Also, I'm taking this week off playing to muck around with University.

Hope you've been having fun with University! I SHOULD have the updated rules for University/Drifter around the 1st of the year, so keep your eyes peeled!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Vi posted the rules for University

FULL set of rules can be found here:
    https://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    edited March 2020
    After a long pause of playing the Sims I have now added Uni Life to my game and resumed my Drifter challenge. My heir of House 007 is now ready to move out and start House 008. I would like to send her to uni, she got her letter of acceptance already.

How do I go about this? - do I have to move her to the Parkshore Lot and live off campus while I have her enrolled? Or can she join on campus living?
    It would be great to know whether Sims age while they are in Uni too.
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @lionpaws Sims do age while in Uni in Sims 4. My guess would be on-campus living would be a "no", but I am not 100% sure. I would think you'd need to live in on the drifter lot and do Uni from there.
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    @IllusoryThrall : Thanks, I'm kind of glad my Sim has to live on her Drifter lot. And I'm not sure if I could meet the House goals while loosing so much time in Uni. I have to think of it and maybe postpone the academic education towards a later generation. ;)
    edited March 2020
    @lionpaws and @IllusoryThrall , I can confirm that drifter sims are not allowed to move so they can't live on campus. I talked with Vi about that a while ago.

I finished one house with my female drifter sim while she was on uni. The baby grew up into toddler at graduation day. I had plenty of time to finish the house goals. Though I think it depends on what the house goals are. You get a headstart in a career after graduating so that helps make up for time lost at uni.

I'm now playing with the next generation who tries for a baby on graduation day. I'm still playing with that house. I will be able to finish all house goals, but don't know if the main sim will die before the end of the house challenge. I completed the bodybuilder aspiration just in case because those sims live longer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top