Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is good again!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    From Faq: How can I uninstall The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from my Metal compatible Mac or 64-bit OS PC?

Even if you have both versions installed on your computer, The Sims 4 Legacy Edition will only run if you are playing on a Non-Metal macOS or a 32-bit OS PC.

So it looks like I won't be able to play both on the same 64bit laptop. Time to dig out an old one!
  • Options
    DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    What's the difference between Legacy version and the regular version? And does them releasing the Legacy version mean that there's not going to be any further updates to the game? Sorry, I just don't know what that term means lol!!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    DoktorBonk wrote: »
    What's the difference between Legacy version and the regular version? And does them releasing the Legacy version mean that there's not going to be any further updates to the game? Sorry, I just don't know what that term means lol!!

The Legacy version is the one needed to play on older systems (32bit Windows and non-Metal Macs). That version will not be updated, does not have access to any online features like the Gallery. The regular version of the game (for Macs with Metal and 64bit Windows) will continue receiving updates and patches as normal.

• Options
    DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    Ohhh, that makes sense! Thank you!! :D