Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Me About Your Sim’s Vacation

Tell me about a vacation your sims took. Could be to any neighborhood. Screenshots welcome.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    I sent one of my couples to Sulani, where he proposed to her, she accepted.

67558656_1327508050732820_5850820998567297024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQnvRD_hMtCI-ldzmUQYPKDOqUXUF4IPAOkOjqv5z6E_elPFKTatywGUaMi5zJXCRaxGgp2usjV_qFCyv9bP4JTO&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2c336e8e946945453f991798292fe30f&oe=5E58FB55

Another sim went to the jungle and ran into a few electrical issues, she came back with a new superpower.

71327265_1377358255747799_6044724920712167424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQn17QLkAnjsmEq00kd-6RxHA41rXTkfz-E7wkIwXV8iO0pRInRMsn9ihp97ApHVeVeahsyFa_j0KMWVFfMedYMj&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=3d3e30fa50216b9afb6622c9ca51daac&oe=5E50C6B4
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Awesome screenshots! Thanks for sharing. Sulani looks so pretty. I don't have it yet, but I like seeing other people's pictures of it.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2019
    My main sim has had a few holidays at Granite Falls with his partner, including their honeymoon. My sim's partner loves the outdoors, but my sim likes his home comforts, so they like to rent a little cabin where they can enjoy the fresh air and peace and quiet of the wilderness, but still have somewhere warm and cosy to stay. My sim likes to spend his days there reading outside on the deck, jogging around the forest, and relaxing in the bath with soothing lavender, while his partner goes out hiking and meets up with the hermit to work on his herbalism skill. They also like to visit the national park together and play horseshoes. My sim's partner likes fishing near the cabin and bringing home fresh fish for dinner to impress my sim, who cooks the fish outside on the grill for them to eat together whilst they talk about their day. In the evenings, they like to roast marshmallows and tell stories around the campfire, stargaze together, or sit and relax outside with a cool drink. As it gets later, they usually go indoors to cuddle up to watch a film together before they go to bedroom to woohoo and sleep.

gD6Y5WT.png

They haven't gone away on holiday for a while now since they adopted their daughter. Family life is so busy it's hard to find enough time, although they still go out on dates and family days out. Now their toddler is more mobile though I think they deserve a family holiday to Granite Falls and also Selvadorada, which I can't wait for them to explore. I really hope we get hotels in the near future so we can have holidays in Sulani too or any other world we choose.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is how most of my sims arrive at Sulani:
    04.07.19_21-05-16jljnn.jpg
    I downloaded this yacht from the gallery and imagine it ferrys my vacationeers to the islands and back. Their first day is often spend at this lot to simulate the travel. The lot is generic and attracts every single service sim of this neighborhood - probably a perk of their work contracts.

Sulani at night and sparklers go well together - I make sure to always bring some, like here with the Manfred family:
    18.10.19_21-56-25ekjft.jpg
    The household consists of an elderly artist, his YA adult son, that one's friends and a live-in nurse. There's plenty of space for everyone to do their own thing in the Manfred villa. The vacation brought them closer together again, in fact, the youths were practically glued to each other during the trip.

The Manfred kids again, discovering the joy of aqua zippers. I thought I'd enjoy the sailboats most, but after I got Island living I fell in love with the zippers instead.
    18.10.19_20-00-03yrj55.jpg
    To the left Mermaid Cove, another gallery lot.

By the end of their dolphin watching session, each of the six Manfred kids had their own dolphin. With patience and good timing you could do even eight.
    18.10.19_20-14-277pj22.jpg

Lately my sims like to camp at the smaller islands surrounding Lani St. Taz (thanks to a portable potty bush that I downloaded):
    30.10.19_20-36-11bhj8l.jpg
    Andre and Tina here fake it, though. They are actually living in a normal residential lot and even have their own housekeeper living there. The housekeeper makes their meals and buys whatever is needed at the vacation kiosk and online and then I just move the items from her inventory to Andre's and Tina's.
    Andre is a famous basketballer who cannot avoid paparazzi, but they rarely follow him to the outer islands.

The Andersons were the first to test my campground in Strangerville. It's very basic, but I enjoy playing it. I used to love Granite Falls, but nowadays prefer Strangerville.
    06.10.19_15-13-242rjd8.jpg
    Hank passes the pub while walking Sumo... the scars the Strangerville Mystery left are still visible (actually a movie prop from Get Famous).
    06.10.19_16-13-560gk5m.jpg
    Meanwhile Connor and Kara re-live a childhood they never had:
    06.10.19_16-10-16hdkec.jpg
    I do not have Seasons and was so happy when I discovered that the Island swings are seperate and do not need Seasons to function!

And another picture with cc: Sumo carrying the Andersons' beach equipment when they were here on a short weekend trip.
    06.07.19_23-22-17hmjjm.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I still love Jungle Adventure for my sims to vacation it's the most interesting place.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @annaliese39 It’s interesting that your sims have activities they do together but then they also have their own interests which they do individually. Their vacations sound nice. Also, isn’t it funny how having kids changes things in The Sims just like in real life?

@EnkiSchmidt Your pictures are awesome, especially that dolphin one, and your sims live such rich and detailed lives. Very cool.
    @annaliese39 It’s interesting that your sims have activities they do together but then they also have their own interests which they do individually. Their vacations sound nice. Also, isn’t it funny how having kids changes things in The Sims just like in real life?

@EnkiSchmidt Your pictures are awesome, especially that dolphin one, and your sims live such rich and detailed lives. Very cool.

Thank you :) I used to have faster eating, faster bathing, less sleep and whatnot mods, but then discovered the advantages of aging off play (even if only temporary). It's no longer a challenge, but I now have the time to develop my sims as persons.
    @SERVERFRA How is Jungle Adventures if I just want to use it for vacations and ignore all tomb gameplay? Is it fun? (I'm still undecided which gamepack to get next, despite even making a voting thread here.)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member

Thanks! Yes, those two are proof that sometimes opposites can attract. I like to make sure they have some 'me' time and quality time as a couple and a family. Parenthood is certainly a big change and commitment - for us and our sims! :)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My Sim, Amari (in avatar) and his adoptive son, Ayaan, went to Selvadorada for 3 days. It was during winter, so it rained a lot, but was warm at least. Amari is a foodie and was a celebrity chef at the time (he's a critic now), and he already knew all of the San Myshuno foods. He managed to get his Selvadoradian cultural skill maxed and learned all of the Selvadoradian food and drink recipes which was my goal. Ayaan got to fish some and socialize with locals. I added a fridge in the bar, as kids cannot order from the bartender. I really enjoyed the trip :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I had a honeymoon couple stay in a rented stone house that I build for them in Jungle Adventure. I though it was romantic.
    I also had another sim that I played as the Granddaughter of Indiana Jones to go throught the adventures. That was so fun.