Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @emorrill, :DI thought I was so cool in 2012 spelling it like that. :p Haha. 60s music is my jam. Lately, I've listened more to 80s, though. I guess I'm an old soul. B)

@60smusicluvr In bold: LOL! :joy:
    Oh my gosh I've been listening to a ton of 80's lately too! :open_mouth:

Particularly The Cars since the lead singer passed last month...I LOVE their music! :star:
    And Journey and Huey Lewis and the News. :p

Oh and throw in Bananarama and The Pointer Sisters. (Cruel Summer and I'm So Excited! :mrgreen: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I like that you can turn off the celeb system if it is not appropriate for the world you are playing in. :grin:
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @emorill, ooh, Bananarama! I dance to 'cruel summer' quite a bit. :joy:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I like that you can turn off the celeb system if it is not appropriate for the world you are playing in. :grin:

@bekkasan Same! :grin:
    @emorill, ooh, Bananarama! I dance to 'cruel summer' quite a bit. :joy:

@60smusicluvr Have you heard the remake version of the song for "Cobra Kai?" It adds a whole new depth and feeling to it. I'll link it in the Spoiler in case you haven't. ;)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Mine is: I actually like the celeb system.I think it’s such a neat feature

For some of my families, I also like the celeb system. Especially those who want fame for their specific career. I'm also glad there is a feature to turn it off for a household. The last thing my thief needs is to have witnesses hanging around as he lugs home stolen goods!

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion but I still think there could have been a few more ideas for Sims 3 expansion packs. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion but I still think there could have been a few more ideas for Sims 3 expansion packs. :mrgreen:

I guess that's true. I think a nautical sp to go with up would've been fun. Birdhouses or birdbaths or birdfeeders that'd attract bird pets. Plus we don't have rabbits!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't like the graphics of TS3 and think the grapics/art style look better in 2 and 4.
  • PaikallinenPaikallinen Posts: 15 Member
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > I don't like the graphics of TS3 and think the grapics/art style look better in 2 and 4.

I agree with that. Don't get me wrong, TS3 is my favorite Sims game but I feel like the art direction of TS3 isn't as cohesive as the other games. For TS3 I don't feel like the characters (with vanilla skins/eyes) belong to the same game with the environments, problem that I feel is not present in TS2 or TS4.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I don't like the graphics of TS3 and think the grapics/art style look better in 2 and 4.
    > I don't like the graphics of TS3 and think the grapics/art style look better in 2 and 4.

I agree with that. Don't get me wrong, TS3 is my favorite Sims game but I feel like the art direction of TS3 isn't as cohesive as the other games. For TS3 I don't feel like the characters (with vanilla skins/eyes) belong to the same game with the environments, problem that I feel is not present in TS2 or TS4.

Well, there's no accounting for taste, as the old saying goes. Personally I feel the exact opposite, TS3 looks much better than the other three The Sims games.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

I agree. TS3 world is stunning, but the sims themselves look very out of place without more realistic CC skin and details. TS2 and TS4 sims match the world. I prefer TS2 sims because with a little CC, they can look much better.

YES!

When they announced spending 3 more years on TS4 I was like, "I wish they'd done that with The Sims 3...How much greater and better would it be?" *sigh* :pensive:
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I'm sure someone said it before, but I like the art style of Sims 3 more than other iterations.

@DeafSimmer - Hear, hear! :)
    edited November 2019
    I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I find my CC laden sims fit just fine into the Sims 3 world.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-200.jpg
    Looks just fine to me.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love TS3's art style ( and TS2 ) but I do agree that the sims do look and fit a little better into their world with some custom content, like better skins, and such.
    The clothing is actually pretty good, apart from them going waaaaay overboard on the specular, but the way EA has blended the default skin IS kind of plasticine looking, and doesn't actually do the sims much justice. The hair meshes are also quite good ( well, some of them ) but again, EA's textures are appalling.

They made improvements to some of the textures at one point I believe, so they weren't quite as straw like, but they still aren't as nice as those that are community created.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I like Showtime. The items are some of my favorite in the game and the magician is the most fun active career next to the firefighter.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Lots on here I agree with in part but just like the thread on Sims4 simmers are listing multiple so makes it hard to vote. And @jaletu2005 I don't think open worlds have ever been unpopular. (but I could be wrong).

@Bluegayle love your AV
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thanks @Evalen I picked it for Christmas. Not sure I want to part with it just yet. LOL Happy New Year.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MelodiousaMelodiousa Posts: 17 Member
    ive heard a few dislike twinbrook because it looks gloomy and depressing, but i like it, it has an English feel to it, from the weather and buildings, its homey for me
    Twinbrook’s got a lot of swamps. It’s probably kinda like Louisiana in the bayou. I guess that’s the feeling I get from it.

My RL wife @Featherbelle wan’t from that section of Louisiana; rather the NW corner near ArK-La-Tex namely Shreveport. Now she’s up in the Great White North.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    coco wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is that even though I've had Supernatural installed since it came out, I just can't find myself to care about occult sims. I go to lengths by changing mod settings to make sure I don't see any walking around or spawning. I prefer regular boring human sims :lol:
    To an extent, I agree with this. If we're not in Moonlight Falls, I don't want to see Supernatural Sims in other Worlds. Especially Sunset Valley. I guess that's my unpopular opinion. I love Sunset Valley and know every single starter Sim, there. Connor Frio is always seduced.
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    My very unpopular opinion is the building things functions. Don't get me wrong they can be great features when you know what you are doing or if I want to make small tweaks here and there.

But I like playing in already made towns and houses and the like. And I know, I have the option to not use those functions. But, sometimes I wish those options were only available, if your sim first moved to a new lot or increase their household size. And it's a prompt that would come up asking if, you want to renovate the place, or something.

Beyond that, could be tucked away for me. As I hardly use it, at all.
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited January 2020
    Another unpopular opinion, I might hold, since I've noticed some disdain towards IFs, I don't mind the IFs. In fact, I get rather sad, when my child doesn't get one LOL
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Yea, I don't mind the IFs either, as long as they never become actualized, haha. Meaning to beyond being a play toy for the child. Cause I made that mistake once the child grew up and the IF, did too, poor sim kid could do nothing in peace after that. So never again with that option, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top