Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which SP to vote for?

Comments

• BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    Ghost Hunters
    Happy Haunts 100%. A grim reaper career. come on. plus the seance table, spirit board, and psychic career. all things i've been wanting.

Art & Crafts would be my second choice, because i'd like knitting and embroidery, specifically for elders.

clearly those are the most popular choices, so i hope we can eventually get both lol.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghost Hunters
    1. Ghost Hunters
    2. Science & Astronomy
    3. Arts & Crafts
    4. Fun Tech
    5. Self-Care Routines

I love new careers, and I love paranormal themes in the Sims so Ghost Hunters is my #1 pick.

Science & Astronomy is my second, because I love science and hate the giants telescopes and microscopes in TS4.

Arts & Crafts is pretty cool too... Knitting would be nice to have I guess?

Fun Tech is not very exciting to me...

But Self-Care Routines is a total snore. I already have Fitness Stuff and Spa Day... I don't need more of this stuff.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    @MidnightAura I saw that in one of the Twitter links! Thanks though!
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Craft
    I'm going for Arts & Crafts just because a) sounds like fun and b) is really broad. I'd love a general hobbies SP or even GP, too, especially if you can sell the crafts you make. New income streams are always useful! Maybe also making stuff for decor, too! It's something that all ages and genders should be able to do, too.

Also really like Science & Tech, but don't like the idea of having to pay for normal-sized telescopes and microscopes. Love the idea of the vegan trait from the Self-Care bloc inb4 found the vegan, but a lot of that sounds like it overlaps with Wellness from Spa Day. Also, I'm still kind of hoping for an overhaul to food preferences in general. Fun Tech could be neat but there is already a lot of nice techy stuff, and Happy Haunts is very niche.

So overall, Arts & Crafts, just because it's the broadest theme, has the most potential, and hasn't already been covered.
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Ghost Hunters
    I was sure Woman Activities and Grim Reaper were the most appealing themes.

But the most of players are women so Woman Activities theme will probably win.

My choice
    1. Grim Reaper career and Haunted House trait
    2. Fun Tech and Virtual friend
    3. Self-Care and Healthy Aspiration
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

Lol/cringe @ this masculine fragility.

Anyway I'm sliiightly inclined towards the Haunting pack mostly because being the Grim Reaper as a job sounds like something genuinely new which is rare. But I also absolutely love the idea of one of my sims living in an isolated cottage making beautiful stained glass windows (while reaping souls on the side).
    &PHgr;
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Ghost Hunters
    I was torn between the Arts and Craft and Happy Haunts. But I think more so now that I've chosen Happy Haunts because I want to chase ghosts lol or do what the grim reaper does :)
    I don't know both sounds awesome.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghost Hunters
    I am voting for Happy Haunts. We really need it and I really want it. Need more occult, ghost related careers (it has everything I want). Last time we got chores and laundry, I want something more fun and interactive with other sims. I get bored if my sim has nobody to really talk to and interact with. There are many activities for one sim; we need more for groups or at least two sims do things together.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghost Hunters

My choice
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

That makes no sense. When did ghosts and all that became a gendered thing anyways? Us women like ghost too you know. Also I know a lot of men who sew (we call them tailors) and knitting has a long history and a lot of men in the past did so (that was how they made nets actually). That is a really outdated.

If men want to have pink back, they can have it. I prefer darker colors.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Arts & Craft
    I'm really excited about either the arts & crafts or the haunted concepts, but am I the only one thinking only one of the items from the list would be the featured item? Like, if arts and crafts wins, then we would choose knitting OR the pottery as the "main feature" since it's only a stuff pack?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ghost Hunters

My choice
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

"Women activities". If that aint the most sexist
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Arts & Craft

My choice
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

"Women activities". If that aint the most sexist

What’s “Women Activities”? Arts and crafts? How on Earth is that women activities?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Ghost Hunters
    Hopefully, they'll add what doesn't win later cuz it looks like everyone on Twitter wants Arts n Crafts and the forums are kinda tied between ghosts and arts. I think people be excited for haunted house lots and fortune telling
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited November 2019
    Science & Astronomy
    It's really difficult to choose between science & astronomy and ghost hunters. My mind will change probably many times.
    The least of my favorites is arts & crafts. That's the most boring one of them all. I didn't expect it to be the most popular. I guess my elder Sims will have more activities if it wins, gotta think positively.
    Ghost Hunters
    I'd want a ouija board xD I can play with one without actually summoning evil spirits irl lol
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Science & Astronomy
    I like Science & Astonomy for my aliens & scientist.
    I also like the Ghost Hunters so my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 can be a psyic.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Craft

My choice
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

I don’t know, y’all. @LeGardePourpre really got me sold on this “Woman Activities” pack. 🤣🤣🤣
    Ghost Hunters
    Women and Men both enjoy arts and crafts and straight men do it do I've seen a lot of Fashion Designers on Project Runway who were 100% straight men. Calling Arts n Crafts Woman's Stuff is terribly sexist
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Arts & Craft
    1. Arts an Crafts- I've been wanting hobbies for a long time. All the objects are things I want.
    2. Self-Care Routines- It would depend on the descriptions when it came to voting but I would probably use a lot.
    3. Science & Astronomy- I hate that everything is giant and would get so much use out of these objects normal sized. (should be a patch)
    4. Ghost Hunters- This could just as easily be my number 2 but I don't play with the occult in most of my saves.
    5. Fun Tech- Not really interested.

I loved the last community stuff pack even though none of my choices won.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghost Hunters

My choice
    4. Science & Astronomy
    5. Woman Activities

I don’t know, y’all. @LeGardePourpre really got me sold on this “Woman Activities” pack. 🤣🤣🤣

I should replace it by "Housework" :p

After laundry, it seems the sims are good "housewifes" (householders ???).
  • ls2177ls2177 Posts: 10 New Member
    Ghost Hunters
    Ghost hunters please. I'd love active careers like TS3 Ghost Hunter or the Mausoleum Helper job but with added new touch and challenges.
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Arts & Craft
    Arts and Crafts, AND Happy Haunts. I want them both. Why can't we have them both... sniffle.

Seriously, I hope one of those two wins, and the other is so close. that they decide to make it as well. Or a tie. So they know the community wants both.

One thing I like is that you will be able to vote from the games main menu. That's a great idea. The last one (that ended with the Laundry pack winning -eh), I missed the initial round of voting. I found out about it too late. If more players had got the chance to vote (not every player is a regular on the forums), the results may have been different. This way, there is a higher chance of it being representative of the players.

Arts and Crafts, AND Happy Haunts. I really do want them both.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Arts & Craft
    I really hope arts and crafts wins and we get all those objects..
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Arts & Craft
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I'm with almost everyone here in choices, love both arts and crafts and ghosts. Truly, either one would work for me just fine. There's much in both that I'd love to have that I wouldn't be upset if either of these are picked...if any other pack is selected I will be upset. :D

Agree. I love the idea of both of those packs. I enjoyed those features from TS3 already and would like to see them here as well. (Ghost hunter and Psychic professions)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Ghost Hunters
    51%

and arts and crafts 49%. It is going to be a hard choice for me.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Arts & Craft
    I like the Arts & Crafts, but I almost don't want it as a stuff pack - I want that entire list as a gamepack instead. And if we get it as a stuff pack I feel we won't get it as a game pack, which kind of sucks. I want actual skills for all of those - knitting, sewing, pottery, etc. and worry a stuff pack won't do it justice.

Also I like the Happy Haunts (not ghost hunting though, idk why it's called that in the poll), the freelance psychic/grim reaper careers seem pretty cool.

I'd be happy with either of those. I really do NOT want a treadmill with a TV as a gameplay object, I'll be so annoyed if that happens - I add TVs to walls by them and they work fine, it is not new gameplay! Also we already have so much wellness/fitness stuff and tech already in game, I want something a bit different.