Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today’s patch messed up graphics on Catalina

Today’s patch messed up the graphics on Catalina which was working just fine !

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    How so?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What is Catalina and why is it always having issues?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Catalina is the last OS on Mac, it was just released.
    What is Catalina and why is it always having issues?

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    What's the issue you're having?
    I only jumped into my game for a short while since the patch but everything seemed fine?
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Squiggly lines running through the screen. I had to put all graphics settings on low to fix it.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Owh! I haven't updated my OS to Catalina yet because I'm waiting for this patch. Have you raise the issue to EA AHQ?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2019
    Edit: I had weird graphics issues on Mojave when I first tried playing after the patch, but after the critical update from Origin, everything is great!
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Owh! I haven't updated my OS to Catalina yet because I'm waiting for this patch. Have you raise the issue to EA AHQ?

not yet
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    Squiggly lines running through the screen. I had to put all graphics settings on low to fix it.

I'm on Catalina too and had a similar issue that I traced back to custom wall paint (though mine weren't squiggly lines; mine were little dots of light filling the room.) Once I replaced the custom paint with the default ones, the problem went away.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Can you post screenshots?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Almost majority of games have problem with Catalina, but the performance and battery life outweights the cons so I'm sticking with it and hoping for the devs to improve compatibility of their own game, atm I have yet to play the new update, waiting for teh next hotfix I guess.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    heidi11576 wrote: »

I'm on Catalina too and had a similar issue that I traced back to custom wall paint (though mine weren't squiggly lines; mine were little dots of light filling the room.) Once I replaced the custom paint with the default ones, the problem went away.

Nope no custom content in my game
    It’s running ok on low graphics but it’s somewhat laggy
    izecson wrote: »
    Almost majority of games have problem with Catalina, but the performance and battery life outweights the cons so I'm sticking with it and hoping for the devs to improve compatibility of their own game, atm I have yet to play the new update, waiting for teh next hotfix I guess.

Low graphics settings helped , but I hate them on low and the game seems slightly laggy . I don’t know why they couldn’t leave it alone, will hurt their university sales if Mac users can’t play properly
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just as a heads up, it's not really helpful if we don't have a screenshot to visualize, posting your specs would also help.

Specifically, your graphics card would be nice. I'm not too familiar with macs at all, but maybe someone more knowledgeable in them could assist.

If you need help finding your specs here's a guide

https://www.cnet.com/g00/how-to/how-to-find-your-macs-basic-specs-in-os-x/?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8=
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2019
    I bet this is somehow related to the tweaks they made to laptop mode. They apparently improved that but probably also broke something else in the process. Kinda like how they did something top the graphics earlier this year that made a bug in the scout uniform and some CC that was never a problem before show up (the shiny blotches). The CC got fixed, the scout uniform didn't.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • chaotivdarkness5chaotivdarkness5 Posts: 13 New Member
    It’s not just Catalina. I’m still on Mojave and having the same issue. Attached iCloud link to a video I took of the issue. I’ve already tried repairing the game and fiddling with the graphics settings. No mods installed.
  • chaotivdarkness5chaotivdarkness5 Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="chaotivdarkness5;c-17314278"]It’s not just Catalina. I’m still on Mojave and having the same issue. Attached iCloud link to a video I took of the issue. I’ve already tried repairing the game and fiddling with the graphics settings. No mods installed.[/quote]

I don’t think the link posted: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0R-K36H7vMaOZ3lBLNfu3dUvA
    It’s not just Catalina. I’m still on Mojave and having the same issue. Attached iCloud link to a video I took of the issue. I’ve already tried repairing the game and fiddling with the graphics settings. No mods installed.

I don’t think the link posted: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0R-K36H7vMaOZ3lBLNfu3dUvA

That is what it looked like on Catalina after the last update until I lowered the graphics settings
  • SadCappySadCappy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @heidi11576 said:
    > Squiggly lines running through the screen. I had to put all graphics settings on low to fix it.

Hello everyone, is there any update on this problem? i am having the exact same issue, and i am so sad about it. i don't like playing sims on low graphics it's so depressing. i regret updating to Catalina so much :(
  • SadCappySadCappy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > Just as a heads up, it's not really helpful if we don't have a screenshot to visualize, posting your specs would also help.
    >
    > Specifically, your graphics card would be nice. I'm not too familiar with macs at all, but maybe someone more knowledgeable in them could assist.
    >
    > If you need help finding your specs here's a guide
    >
    > https://www.cnet.com/g00/how-to/how-to-find-your-macs-basic-specs-in-os-x/?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d

Hello I would gladly share a photo, but i am new to forums and don't quite know how things work here. about the specs, i have a late 2013 imac, 2.7 ghz quad core intel core i5, 8gb 1600 mhz ddr3, intel iris pro 1536 mb...
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends considering this has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close it off as necro posting is against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top