Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

Comments

• LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Happy Haunts
    i NEED occult jobs
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I bet arts is going to win which is okay. I want that too but I reallllllllly want happy haunts. I wish they wouldn't play with my heart this way 😭😭😭😭
    Imagine being a psychic or a ghost buster!!!! Or summoning spirits!! Soooooo cooooool 🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    I'm excited this would be my first time participating In a vote.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    It would be best if we could vote on a ranking system. That way we could express our disinterest in things just as well as our interest. Some of these packs sound good and I’d buy them, too. Others I have no interest in.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Self-Care Routines
    I need a mix between Self-Care Routines and Fun-Tech.
    Happy Haunts
    I wonder if one pack wins is there a chance we can get the other pack again in the future? Or is this like one and done thing?🤔
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I wonder if one pack wins is there a chance we can get the other pack again in the future? Or is this like one and done thing?🤔

I hope not. There's a lot of good ideas. A lot of them would work in a Hobbies EP.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Happy Haunts

Some elements from the Eco Living pack that became Laundry Day were implemented in the Seasons and Island Living EPs.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Arts & Crafts

SGLinsday mentioned on twitter that just because something doesn't win, it doesn't mean it won't be possibly revisited in the future. So if something doesn't make it, all hope isn't lost.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Arts & Crafts

I'm still hoping we will get funerals from the last time we voted on a SP.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    This is such a difficult decision! I have been wanting hobbies for such a long time! So Arts and Crafts was going to be my choice, if the others weren't as anticipated. But... then they mentioned more science stuff and smaller telescopes! and we've been needing those, too! BUT then they had to go and add Happy Haunts?! WITH 3 new careers... and a HAUNTED House lot trait?! Yesss, please. Q_Q

I am hoping so much that it would make eerie noises and music play and ghosts would be updated so that they're actually more terrorizing because we need some more consequences in the game and more game-play for the afterlife! Also.. Ghost Hunter Career!? LOVED it from Sims 3! Would love to see the spin on it in Sims 4; and Grim Reaper Career!? I am so curious how this would work! Cannot wait to see the survey Monday :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Happy Haunts
    The problem is that we might never get a hobbies pack. We all have to pick the thing we want most now, because it might be our only chance.
    Honestly, considering how neglected occult stuff has been in the Sims 4, I think it's far more likely that they'd pass up the Happy Haunts stuff if it doesn't win. Hobbies can easily be inserted into more themes: something for elders to do in a Generations pack, a hobbies pack, farming, eco-living, an arts pack, or even in free game updates. Plus Sims 4 heavily skews towards realistic stuff, and they're quick to downplay occult stuff when they do have it.

But realistically, what themes can incorporate a Ouija board or a ghost-hunting career? I don't see them making a funeral SP. A ghost-related pack seems unlikely, given how they're already in the game. Occults don't get their own Expansion Packs, and ghost-related stuff doesn't fit with werewolf, fairy or genie Game Packs. The job could work in a general job-themed pack, but we already have Get to Work.

As you said, none of these packs or themes are guaranteed. But I feel like we're far more likely to get them than an occult SP.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Agree With OP, are we not getting a hobbies pack this time around then?? Arts and crafts would defo be covered in such a pack.

Underwhelmed with the options for fun tech as that could have been awesome, same for science. Do we we really need a whole new pack with moreee treadmills, or a smaller telescope & microscope? I feel they’ve done science and fitness stuff a couple of times now in TS4, they are gonna have to bring something new to the table if they wanna do it again.

Really confused about the self care one, we already have tea? The aspiration could literally be patched in, in fact it should have come with the wellness skill with spa day? And as for vegan? Surely that should have been patched in by now? We have Muslims but no vegans? Just saying.. Or would have been perfect for the uni pack??
    Can you really stretch a whole pack out of a juicer? I spose they did it with the ice cream machine and pop corn machine lol..

The supernatural one by far sounds the most interesting! I want all the options it had to chose from though :( Think of all the new deaths that could come with the grim reaper career 🤩 And omg the seance table?!! Wasn’t that in the oooold sims game on console?? Nostalgia! Yes please!! Supernatural was an EP on TS3 though, I never played 3 but I dunno how I feel about downgrading it to a stuff pack. I would like all those elements..

Hopefully the fact there was no sign of an eco pack this time round, means there’s one in the works too :) coz c’mon now where is the eco/ sustainable living at?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Gordy wrote: »
    The problem is that we might never get a hobbies pack. We all have to pick the thing we want most now, because it might be our only chance.
    Honestly, considering how neglected occult stuff has been in the Sims 4, I think it's far more likely that they'd pass up the Happy Haunts stuff if it doesn't win. Hobbies can easily be inserted into more themes: something for elders to do in a Generations pack, a hobbies pack, farming, eco-living, an arts pack, or even in free game updates. Plus Sims 4 heavily skews towards realistic stuff, and they're quick to downplay occult stuff when they do have it.

But realistically, what themes can incorporate a Ouija board or a ghost-hunting career? I don't see them making a funeral SP. A ghost-related pack seems unlikely, given how they're already in the game. Occults don't get their own Expansion Packs, and ghost-related stuff doesn't fit with werewolf, fairy or genie Game Packs. The job could work in a general job-themed pack, but we already have Get to Work.

As you said, none of these packs or themes are guaranteed. But I feel like we're far more likely to get them than an occult SP.

I could use elements of the haunted pack but I want the arts and crafts much more. But then, I got my witches, and they were the occult I REALLY wanted. I just don't want to gamble the chance of something I will 100% use on a regular basis vs something I will use occasionally.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Fun-Tech
    And there goes my digital mini golf course before the voting has even begun :s
  • MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    Science & Technology
    And there goes my digital mini golf course before the voting has even begun :s

Sympathies from the Science & Technology camp.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I went for arts and crafts because this game could do with more cultural impact on all the various worlds to gain a real sense of the type of place it is and the type of community that exists there.

Do you party all day with loud music and dancing like you should find in willow creek?

Do you find more in common with historical battles from the 19th century with reenactments and generally heroically lawbringers on horseback with spurs in their boots and a large cowboy hat shooting a musket at a criminal like in Oasis Springs?

Would you find men dressed in armour pledging their honor and sharp curved swords to their lords in San Myshuno, swearing to carry out their commends and kill enemies of his lord? would you fall into the signifcance of an honorbound warrior who lost his honor but doesn't want to kill himself and tries to seek justice where ever he can?

Or how about dressing up in medieval armours and dresses, enacting battles with swords and shields, bows and arrows within mock catles cort yards for a king or a queen in Windenburg?

The signifcance, the roots to the past of each place can bring an appreciation about the various worlds and their backstory told for a point of view by using said arts and crafts creatively. Those can be made part of a once a year event in each world for one day.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm split between Arts & Crafts and Science & Tech.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I've had enough of the occults (those already existing in the game, and those added via packs). Plus the ability to market ones crafted wares is off-the-charts potential.
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Self care routine should be in a update. We shouldn't have to pay for that. As long as the sims has been out. They should have self care routine down to a science.

I don't know what I'll vote for. None of them really sparks my interest. Sounds like first pets stuff all over again 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🙄🙄🙄
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    None of them really sound that appealing. I'd rather just have a pack with more kids and toddler stuff again.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I will have to choose Arts & Crafts, because all things are new in that list. All of those had things that I have wanted to have in game, so it was little difficult to choose just one. :sweat_smile:

I would definitely like to have all of those at some point!
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I was really hoping for an option for children or teens but, putting that aside, I am voting for arts and crafts. I loved the hobbies pack in Sims 2, and I think this pack could add a lot of gameplay for my older sims, especially.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Happy Haunts cause it sounds funny and unique. Sims 4 definitely needs some more quirkiness.

I would also love the Arts & Crafts one. Wish they could realease both of them.

About the others, Science and Tech would be just a reason to sell us telescopes for $10. I mean, we have science stuff from Get to Work, science stuff from Strangerville and science stuff from University now. I love all those additions, but that's enough. Just give us the telescope for free already.

The Technology Fun sounds interesting. Its in the 3rd spot for me.

Now, please don't come with this Self-Care Routine pack. We have Spa Day, Fitness Stuff and the vegetarian stuff. That one would be completely meh.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I want that psychic career so, so much. Please everyone vote on it for me, my desire is great. You would receive my gratitude.

It would be nice, also, for occult sims to be able to have an occult-themed job. That's been missing from the game.
    a63ftuN.png