Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

Comments

• AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    Happy Haunts, as much as I like arts and crafts and want them in quite honestly occult jobs are so far overdue that it's not even funny.

I am guessing we will get arts and crafts next honestly from the look of it, then happy haunts. It's noticeable that occults and realism players are always very nearly 50/50
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I voted Arts & Crafts but not just because I’m a knitter. 😂 I also want it for sewing, embroidery/cross stitch, pottery, glass fabrication, and edible art. It’d be good to have more uses for harvestables.
    I wonder if they would really put all those things in.

There’s something really satisfying about enjoying a hobby and then having something to show for it in the end (unlike my Sims hobby!)

ETA: I forgot about the glass fabrication! That sounds really cool. I mean, hot.
    Post edited by babajayne on
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Arts & Crafts should be part of Hobbies OR Farming (spinning, knitting and sewing.The others could be on Hobbies, but not Happy Haunts, I don't see them adding it on a Occult GP. A GP is too small for that much stuff.

@Hermitgirl @LiELF @musteni @Nikkih I think I'll be voting on Happy Haunts, its smarter for us to pick this one. All the other ideas can pretty much fit in a Hobbies EP altogether, but not the Happy Haunts one. I used to think that some of HH stuff would be in RoM like the careers, but a GP is too little for that much stuff. but, like @Faberries, I'm not sure too... I have to see the descriptions more in-depht.

@LoveMcQueen5683 @alan650111 @DaWaterRat @telemwill @Maed @ihavesorelegsnow @Mariefoxprice83 I want arts & crafts too, but they can also add that in a Hobbies EP. As well as the science/fitness/etc stuff

@DaWaterRat would be cute to have that cross pack feature

@Simburian @Lizzychicago yes, they just gave us an overall feel of each thing, so its hard to decide yet.

@Marnetti @OEII1001 I think Laundry Day is a great pack, the problem was the way they set up the voting process. We didn't know what Eco Living could get us to... I would never imagine Laundry being encompassed by Eco Living.

@Morkovka But Arts & Crafts should be encompassed by a Hobbies EP. I'm going to be really mad if they never release a Hobbies System EP.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    The problem is that we might never get a hobbies pack. We all have to pick the thing we want most now, because it might be our only chance.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Arts & Crafts
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    What would be awesome, though unlikely, is if the arts and crafts pack had spinning and knitting, and as a bonus cross pack feature, if you had pet stuff you could use all the furballs your fluffy cat uses to spin yarn. - note that I want it to be a bonus feature, not that you require cats and dogs to spin yarn.

Yes, it is absolutely real world possible. (easier with long hair cats, though.)
    And if they do make a farming pack, spin real wool!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Oh no, what a tough decision! I also like the science and technology ones.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Exactly agree with @Mariefoxprice83
    We can't really influence what should be or what should have been included somewhere else.|
    We can only pick one option for this pack :)
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    babajayne wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    What would be awesome, though unlikely, is if the arts and crafts pack had spinning and knitting, and as a bonus cross pack feature, if you had pet stuff you could use all the furballs your fluffy cat uses to spin yarn. - note that I want it to be a bonus feature, not that you require cats and dogs to spin yarn.

Yes, it is absolutely real world possible. (easier with long hair cats, though.)
    And if they do make a farming pack, spin real wool!

@babajayne right?! I'm afraid if they release a farming pack after releasing the Arts and Crafts SP, what else is going to be in that pack?! We already had Gardening upgraded. Is it going to be just horses?! It seems that they are not planning the Hobby or the Farming packs in advance.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Happy Haunts
    It's a toss up between Science & Technology and Happy Haunts. I would love having a ghost hunting career in the game again. I loved playing it in TS3. Normally I would have been all over the crafting option but it just seemed a bit "meh" to me.
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    The problem is that we might never get a hobbies pack. We all have to pick the thing we want most now, because it might be our only chance.

@Mariefoxprice83 makes sense, but I really doubt we are not going to get a Hobbies and a Farming EP, that woud enrage the community. These are the last most requested EP ideas (besides Into the Future/Into the Past).
    Amavari wrote: »
    Happy Haunts, as much as I like arts and crafts and want them in quite honestly occult jobs are so far overdue that it's not even funny.

I am guessing we will get arts and crafts next honestly from the look of it, then happy haunts. It's noticeable that occults and realism players are always very nearly 50/50

Yes @Amavari, its really funny hoe occult/realism are always as loud as eachother.
  • GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I hope the Arts & Crafts pack wins the vote. We don’t have enough hobbies in the game.

The self-care, fun tech, and science packs are already represented in the game. The vegan trait and some of the other stuff from those packs could easily be a free update to flesh out existing gameplay.
    The Ghost pack should have been part of the Realm of Magic pack. While nice, that pack felt anemic and now I can see why. It’s like the Cats and Dogs pack that later got its own stuff pack to add hamsters. It felt like stuff was held back to later release at additional cost.

To add, the ghost pack is a close second for me, as it would flesh out ROM gameplay.
    Arts & Crafts
    @Karon - Chickens with eggs probably (but not for you vegans 😉), sheep for wool and goats for cashmere and goat’s milk maybe. Cows... maybe we can make different kinds of cheeses to have with fine nectars! I want nectar making to come back.
    Corn & other things. Maybe we can make corn mazes!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I'm hoping the vegan trait doesnt win either no offence to anyone vegan, we have already got a vegetarian trait I know they are different but the only difference it would make to vegetarian in the sims is that your sim wont drink or eat daily products
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I guess arts and crafts, since we desperately need more of the creative arts in the game. There's hardly anything for non-painters in University, which stinks.
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I think I will go with Happy Haunts because I want all the hobby iteams from 1 in a fully fleshed out expansion.
    Happy Haunts
    babajayne wrote: »
    @Karon - Chickens with eggs probably (but not for you vegans 😉), sheep for wool and goats for cashmere and goat’s milk maybe. Cows... maybe we can make different kinds of cheeses to have with fine nectars! I want nectar making to come back.
    Corn & other things. Maybe we can make corn mazes!

That would be cool, I also want all the harvestables we had in Sims 3, but still not have in Sims 4. Like, all the grape types from Champs Les Sims + wine making skill.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    Karon wrote: »
    @Marnetti @OEII1001 I think Laundry Day is a great pack, the problem was the way they set up the voting process. We didn't know what Eco Living could get us to... I would never imagine Laundry being encompassed by Eco Living.

I figured that laundry was exactly what we were going to get out of Eco Living. And lo and behold it went from "it's Eco Living", to "laundry will be part of Eco Living", and then finally to "the pack is called Laundry Day". Similarly, I expect knitting. Maybe crochet. Possibly then to quilts. In fact, I have no doubt that we'll eventually see The Sims 4: Wos Wit.

edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I figured that laundry was exactly what we were going to get out of Eco Living. And lo and behold it went from "it's Eco Living", to "laundry will be part of Eco Living", and then finally to "the pack is called Laundry Day". Similarly, I expect knitting. Maybe crochet. Possibly then to quilts. In fact, I have no doubt that we'll eventually see The Sims 4: Wos Wit.

@OEII1001 What's Wos Wit? I'm not a native speaker hahaha But, yes, the Laundry Day Community Pack seemed super manipulated in the background.
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I am torn between Happy Haunts and Arts & Crafts. I feel I will probably get more use out of the Arts & Crafts one, but Happy Haunts sounds different and exciting. I haven't reaaally made up my mind and won't until I've read more in the survey, but those are the two I'm even mildly interested in lol
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts

@OEII1001 What's Wos Wit? I'm not a native speaker hahaha But, yes, the Laundry Day Community Pack seemed super manipulated in the background.

Sorry, it was an oblique reference to Pennsylvania Dutch quilting. Wos wit translates from Pennsy-Dutch roughly to "what do you need". I only know this because my wife grew up in PA.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Happy Haunts
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Arts and Crafts all the way!!! Please oh please don't let the vegan trait win! You never know with this community! haha

Actually, the community invariably goes all-in for thrilling game experiences like drying laundry. In that respect you can relax, as your knitting pack is all but assured.

For real. I can already feel it coming.

The only way a knitting pack would be fun is if we could wrap objects and sims up in yarn as a prank.

I know people want knitting for elders but $10 for a knitting stuff pack? That's objectively worse than laundry.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I’m not a supernatural player (don’t have vampires or ROM), so arts and crafts would be most interesting and useful in my game. I’ve actually been wanting something like this for awhile, so I’m excited about it.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I'm not a fan of the "Realm Of Magic" land at all. Don't own the pack. Don't have Vampires. Don't care about that at all. But. I do need more for my Elders to do. I do want to be able to make gifts for the holidays with my Seasons pack, and the I feel IF a hobby pack is released in the future, it will mostly focus on sports. It won't focus on crafts. We have never had the ability to knit in the series !!! Can you even imagine all the things that could be made with that feature alone! I can't. I need this pack! :D
    Happy Haunts
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Arts and Crafts all the way!!! Please oh please don't let the vegan trait win! You never know with this community! haha

Actually, the community invariably goes all-in for thrilling game experiences like drying laundry. In that respect you can relax, as your knitting pack is all but assured.

For real. I can already feel it coming.

The only way a knitting pack would be fun is if we could wrap objects and sims up in yarn as a prank.

I know people want knitting for elders but $10 for a knitting stuff pack? That's objectively worse than laundry.

Yeah. We'll have four different styles of needles for our hot crochet action. Pack's gonna be fire.