Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
All the ideas are so good, but I really can decide which one I'll vote. Help me. I'm thinking on voting on Happy Haunts, as all of the other ideas could fit perfectly in a Hobbies Expansion Pack, but the Happy Haunts one would only be tied with an occult, and occult GPs are too small for an occult and the Happy Haunts idea. I don't know yet, we have to be smart not to vote one somthing that's going to be obviously added in the future, and forget something we haven't seen in the game.
Post edited by Karon on

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why? 373 votes

Arts & Crafts
51%
Akl500Pauroraael14Frn0731icmnfrshNh6650ihavesorelegsnowalexspoom13alan650111aprilrosedreamergrl84aelias24HellewellthMystik1978BevTweetyTWSimGamer82Angel_mixPlayerSinger2010SimsILikeSimsVibseMikkiness 191 votes
Self-Care Routines
2%
greeneyedgryphonNomiko13lexus20BreazonaChazzzyNindigoLoftyylvndrVanesa1118Monelleirisierra 11 votes
Fun-Tech
2%
duhboy2u2elelunicysherristar13WaytoomanyUIDsEnkiSchmidtdoedearlogionNushnushganayTM3305 9 votes
Science & Technology
6%
Alrynnsimm621Kementarigot2gameIObelleRepoLustianiciaflecklefiercephoenix91Luxana49SimsMinecraftDestin2016SeaDragonSongRedShoe7SimTrippyDenimjoAtreya33simms745SERVERFRASimsandra 25 votes
Happy Haunts
36%
IngeJonesBluegaylebshag4lvDerellaIdontrcallGoth583JaseIceyJMadstarletmischiefluversimduck88ManderMurduhrudolphaColorist40AyradyssCamkatimhappydanacnbrettWritin_Regtaffy550 137 votes

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I don't know but I have a feeling Knitting is going to win...
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Karon wrote: »

Where can i see these packs/concepts?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I really want small microscopes and even knitting.. but... I'm pretty sure I'm voting for the Happy Haunts.
    Ghost Hunter, Seance Table and Spirit Board, Psychic Career and Grim Reaper Freelance Career are you kidding? I want them now!
    egTcBMc.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Karon wrote: »

Where can i see these packs/concepts?

@LindsaySeddon1 I think the in-depht concept will be released with the voting, but you can already get an overall feel of them on the livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjv3SBuGd8U
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    My vote may change once I get to see more in depth descriptions, but Crafting Stuff is one of my larger hobby expenditures, and I see no reason why my sims shouldn't suffer similarly :smile:
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I like the idea of the haunted pack, but I'm not sure how much of it I would actually use. I'm leaning towards arts and crafts, because I feel like it would give elders more to do

I'm honestly not sure
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I haven't even begun to make up my mind yet, I need to read the entire thing before making a decision. TBH, none of the choices interests me much the way they were presented on the livestream so I'm hoping the descriptions help.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    Science & Technology
    From the short description the livestream gave, this pack has several things I've been waiting to be added to the game for so long.

Desktop microscope? Check!
    Kitchen appliances? Check!
    Astronomy? Check!
    Portable telescope? Check!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I'm hoping we don't end up with another mundane theme this time. I'll admit I was shocked that laundry won last time.

So Happy Haunts is the only one I really, really want, by a longshot. It would put so many exciting things in the game! Seances and a Ghost Hunter career could enhance Ghost play, which we really need! A Grim Reaper career? How interesting! This pack would give us more interesting careers and expand on general Occult play! Omg, I want this SO. MUCH.
    #Team Occult
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I don't know but I have a feeling Knitting is going to win...

Agreed. Just like how laundry did.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Leaning towards the crafts, but I will need to get more information before I decide. I really want the smaller science items, but I think they should patch those in.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I also liked Happy Haunts, but more interested in Arts & Crafts for now. Embroidery would be my top pick :)

It is a little bit weird that they showed vegan trait as one of the option since we already have vegetarian trait. I know it's not the same, but what could they possibly add to it game wise, other than make the diet even more restricted? Another weird one was haunted house lot trait since we already have haunted lot trait. I see they could probably add some to it but just doesn't feel like a fresh idea.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Happy Haunts
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Arts and Crafts all the way!!! Please oh please don't let the vegan trait win! You never know with this community! haha

Actually, the community invariably goes all-in for thrilling game experiences like drying laundry. In that respect you can relax, as your knitting pack is all but assured.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited November 2019
    I refuse to make up my mind yet. It's the things they left out I find interesting too. Maybe we are going to get an Equestrian gamepack or a Farming Expansion sometime because those Stuff packs were nothing like we'd have in those, unless the first one - maybe.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Well... at least I do want knitting and microscopes... so I won't feel as ripped up as last time (danger pack) if Haunts loses and I think we'll get this sort of stuff sooner or later anyway. I have faith! I just think hobbies can come in so many packs yet to come.
    Maybe if Haunts loses we'll get a GP like Strangerville??? Lol... wishful thinking!
    ...pretty please?....
    egTcBMc.png
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    I'm thinking happy haunts but I want the smoothie maker too 😂

Edit: right I've made up my mind happy haunts, love the sound of the ghost career, we've already got alot on sims with health with spa day, fitness stuff lol
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm hoping we don't end up with another mundane theme this time. I'll admit I was shocked that laundry won last time.

So Happy Haunts is the only one I really, really want, by a longshot. It would put so many exciting things in the game! Seances and a Ghost Hunter career could enhance Ghost play, which we really need! A Grim Reaper career? How interesting! This pack would give us more interesting careers and expand on general Occult play! Omg, I want this SO. MUCH.
    I like these ideas, especially some new ghost play. I'm really on the fence between Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts.

@Hermitgirl In the past stuff packs got the ideas that weren't going to be in GPs/EPs. I'm assuming that's still the same and these are not planned to be in other packs.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Arts & Crafts because it's really lacking. We only have paiting and woodwork so far.
    Self-Care Routines - enough of that with Fitness and Spa packs.
    Fun-Tech - enough of that in basegame, Get Together and City Living.
    Science & Technology - we have GTW with all the alien tech and now DU with robotics and engineering.
    Happy Haunts - sounds fun, but not as appealing as Arts & Crafts to me.
  • ihavesorelegsnowihavesorelegsnow Posts: 43 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I'm leaning towards Arts & Crafts. Second place Happy Haunts. I'm not much of a supernatural player, but I can see fun stories between the psychic and the scientist who Do Not Get Along :wink:

I honestly do want a smoothie machine. And the indoor bikes would be a good addition to the gym. But ALL the Self-Care Routines content should've already been included with the Wellness & Fitness packs. It irks me that they'd make us pay more for it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I've wanted arts and crafts in the game since the beginning. I loved the sewing machine and pottery wheel in Sims 2. The other packs are things I either wouldn't be interested in, or see as simply a bonus. The haunted pack sounds interesting but I am not sure how often I'd use it. I'd get a lot more use out of arts and crafts.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    What would be awesome, though unlikely, is if the arts and crafts pack had spinning and knitting, and as a bonus cross pack feature, if you had pet stuff you could use all the furballs your fluffy cat uses to spin yarn. - note that I want it to be a bonus feature, not that you require cats and dogs to spin yarn.

Yes, it is absolutely real world possible. (easier with long hair cats, though.)
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I love the Arts & Crafts one :)
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    musteni wrote: »
    It is a little bit weird that they showed vegan trait as one of the option since we already have vegetarian trait. I know it's not the same, but what could they possibly add to it game wise, other than make the diet even more restricted?

As lovely as it would be to have this option in game, I don't think I'd want it as a trait (I'm vegan myself). Especially as I doubt there would be that many new foods with it.
    For that kind of thing, I think a check-box dietry requirement in CAS would be better. ;)

So Arts and Crafts all the way!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I hope the Arts & Crafts pack wins the vote. We don’t have any hobbies in the game.

The self-care, fun tech, and science packs are already represented in the game. The vegan trait and some of the other stuff from those packs could easily be a free update to flesh out existing gameplay.
    The Ghost pack should have been part of the Realm of Magic pack. While nice, that pack felt anemic and now I can see why. It’s like the Cats and Dogs pack that later got its own stuff pack to add hamsters. It felt like stuff was held back to later release at additional cost.

To add, the ghost pack is a close second for me, as it would flesh out ROM gameplay.