Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - November 2019

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Nice stream! Wow thanks for all the fixes, great patch. Now give me my DU! (and then Happy Hunts).

I read about the hybrid fix for GTW, I have a hybrid toddler :( The patch will fix her or it will not apply for "before patch" hybrids?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Were going to build another stuff pack again yess !!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2019
    The children and toddler outfits are so cute and I like the idea of the community stuff pack.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh gosh please don't anybody vote for more technology ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    That comment on manipulating votes has me a bit concerned....

But I hope something cool this time instead of laundry day.

Pretty sure they're joking. lol But I understand. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: ยป
    OMG "Happy Haunts"!! Please, please, please!!

I'm voting for this!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— though we definitely need arts and craft it's a hard choice because we need it ALL!! :#
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited November 2019
    I mostly avoid the stuff packs mostly because I'm afraid to slow down my game by adding full packs if I only want one specific object etc. But I must admit several of those pack themes sounds cool. If I vote, it might be for the crafts and arts pack, because it would give a bunch of my sims a hobby (+ those crafts would pair nicely with both retail stores and the club system, gifting aaand decor). Other themes sounds cool too, but would only be used by 1 or 2 homes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ParisDestiny92ParisDestiny92 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ty for this xoxo.
  • GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    I hope the Arts & Crafts pack wins the vote. We donโ€™t have hobbies in the game.

The self-care, fun tech, and science packs are already represented in the game. The vegan trait and some of the other stuff from those packs could easily be a free update to flesh out existing gameplay.
    The Ghost pack should have been part of the Realm of Magic pack. While nice, that pack felt anemic and now I can see why. Itโ€™s like the Cats and Dogs pack that later got its own stuff pack to add hamsters. It felt like stuff was held back to later release at additional cost.

To add, the ghost pack is a close second for me, as it would flesh out ROM gameplay.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Where, when, and how do we vote for the stuff pack? I wasn't here when Laundry Day was chosen.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I missed it. Is there any way to watch it?
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @CaprianaB It'll be different than last time. When you're in your game, go to Game Options -> Other and make sure you have In Game Surveys ticked. When you do, you'll get a banner on your main menu when voting starts and it will lead you to the details about how to vote.

@simgirl542 It's on both The Sims twitch channel and YouTube channel (also I think in the first post in this thread) so you can watch the replay whenever :D
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @darrenfroggy, I just checked the video on the first post of this thread. It's not loading. That's why I asked about it.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    @CaprianaB It'll be different than last time. When you're in your game, go to Game Options -> Other and make sure you have In Game Surveys ticked. When you do, you'll get a banner on your main menu when voting starts and it will lead you to the details about how to vote.

@simgirl542 It's on both The Sims twitch channel and YouTube channel (also I think in the first post in this thread) so you can watch the replay whenever :D

Thank you! I'll be sure to check if game Surveys is ticked.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Will vote for arts and craft, the others don't really appeal to me. I do however wish that someday in the future we get the option for a nice bumper edition clutter pack, we need clutter for each room type and outside, will give the game more personality ;) Happy simming everyone <3
  • SimGuruDanaSimGuruDana Posts: 3 SimGuru
    Hey all-- sorry for the vote fixing joke. If we were going to do that, we might as well just build it like any other Stuff Pack. It's actually quite a bit of extra work to make it a community-based vote, so rest assured that we will be honoring the votes. That's why I was scolding Ninja for adding his own bias into his commentary! :p
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @darrenfroggy, I just checked the video on the first post of this thread. It's not loading. That's why I asked about it.

Might not be properly updated on twitch yet.
    Here's the YouTube one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjv3SBuGd8U
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited November 2019
    Very disappointing stream. Again.

Did they really play with 640x480 resolution in the stream?

I was hoping they would finally get a hint and rearrange the CAS interface like I suggested here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950325/remodel-cas-interface

None of the CAS bugs are being adressed, or the overlapping or jumping interface parts... We can just make it smaller now to hurt our eyes.. Woo hoo. Personally I play with 1920x1080 and its not the size of the interface thats an issue. The interface itself is the issue.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2019
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruDana T.T plz fix the main menu it just goes from the news into a preset loading picture and back into news now. I can't put the loading picture back on my Cats & Dogs Loading screen. It's stuck on Seasons, which isn't one of my favorites. :( plz give me my kitties back.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Great stream :)

Several good packs here. A portable telescope <3 ohh... I would love that.

Currently trying to decide between the science one or the spooky one, really I want both of them.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Not a fan of community stuff pack. The last one wasn't very good, and felt very manipulative from the gurus.
    C0gfE.gif
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    There is already a Vegan trait in the game. I am actually playing two sims that are vegans.

would post a link here but the gallery site refuses to log me in.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Awesome stream and love the idea of another community pack! There's something I'd like from each theme. Really want that blender.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    That comment on manipulating votes has me a bit concerned....

But I hope something cool this time instead of laundry day.

@KaeChan2089 I wasn't here when they voted for laundry, but I tell you, the first pack I looked for when I purchased the game was laundry. So, I'm glad it won.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  • Simrue96Simrue96 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can we PLZ PLZ PLZ get cars so our sims can see their children off to school (parenting skills goin up) ๐Ÿ˜Ž go to drive in movies ๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿฟ and see our sims pull off in their nice cars to work ๐Ÿ˜ฉ